PM speaks of "New Thailand" and Anutin suggests mall and restaurant opening imminent

webfact

3 hours ago, neillyweilly said:

So you can only go to a restaurant or mall if you are fully vaccinated? 

(1) What are the implications of a two-tier society where the vaccinated and the un-vaccinated are separated?  

(2) Who is left to police the policy? The owner of the restaurant who is almost broke; the security guard in the mall?

Looks like we are about to enter a very new Thailand indeed. 

same old thailand actually... everyone (the top 8%) who matters is vaccinated, all my thai friends; educated professionals, and their families are fully vaccinated. who cares about the rest?!

11 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

same old thailand actually... everyone (the top 8%) who matters is vaccinated, all my thai friends; educated professionals, and their families are fully vaccinated. who cares about the rest?!

Strange. Out in the village I’m familiar with many of the old poorest Thai hard working people on the farms are now fully vaxed. 

Guess that doesn’t fit in with your cliche.  

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's two main protagonists in the Covid-19 pandemic were both bullish yesterday as they saw light at the end of the tunnel for the country after many months of lockdowns.

What light at the end of the tunnel? Is it the drop in daily case numbers from 23,000 to 18,000, which is anyway probably a result of reduced testing for the main part? Or is it the 8.2% of the population that is so far fully vaccinated (including, of course, Prayut and Anutin)? Because I'm not seeing much light this year, to be honest. Drop the restrictions in the coming week, as is being suggested, and then sit back and watch as the new cases and deaths start rocketing upwards again. Unless the Two Stooges are happy to condemn thousands of their countryfolk to an early and unnecessary death, they need to grin and bear the lockdown until they have a large enough portion of the population fully vaccinated, not a paltry 8%! And the snail-like pace of the vaccine rollout is entirely their own fault, there's nobody else to blame, the greed and corruption here is actively destroying the economy and killing innocent people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Sinovac is a working vaccine. Maybe not as efficient as others but latest studies with Delta show good efficacy and excellent prevention from serious illness. 

Thanks K.Auntin for your kind explaination. ????

Yes I agree Sinovac gives a good delta. But this delta is between price from manufacturer, and sales price in Thailand? ????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Restaurants and malls are expected to reopen next month in some capacity after the CCSA meet on Friday.

If wet markets can open why not the malls, always was a farcical restriction.

Restaurants should be able to open but they must follow the regulations, many don't and they observe nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, Khabib said:

Maybe, by January 2023. I for one, certainly don't accept sinovac as a genuine inoculation.

Are you one of the many foreigners who think you are somehow special and deserve special vip treatment and gold plated vaccines whilst the rest of the hard working Thais get the leftovers? 

Just wondering. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Are you one of the many foreigners who think you are somehow special and deserve special vip treatment and gold plated vaccines whilst the rest of the hard working Thais get the leftovers? 

Just wondering. 

Absolutely not. I will wait it out forever if necessary, not taking any Chinese <deleted> - sorry. 

4 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Voila. Shopping malls and restaurants (and domestic airlines probably too).

What did we achieve in one month of full closure (BKK and around) ?

Not much. Even... nothing... excepted the despair and economic decline for many people and their families.

Anyway. Better late than never.

The Covid party is over. Too expensive for a country like Thailand.

However, it's easy to bet : the circus is likely to continue... for schools ! Closure. Pseudo "online" classes instead (so wrong for young children).

We were not in full closure….talked with friends in Nakhon Sawan and restaurants there have always been open. I think it is just the Red Zones that are closed….frustrating.

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

We were not in full closure….talked with friends in Nakhon Sawan and restaurants there have always been open. I think it is just the Red Zones that are closed….frustrating.

Although we don't have a beach in udon thani, a little secret for you - this is likely the most relaxed province of all, regardless of the zones, or dictat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

However, in comments reported elsewhere it was suggested that the health ministry was proposing that only fully vaccinated diners be allowed in the restaurants, at least at first.

So, perfectly healthy people with no symptoms, not sick, and no contact with anybody that has been or is sick are not allowed to enjoy a meal out. That is the first step to a cover passport. Dangerous territory and a brazen move if taken by an incompetent government that is incapable of presiding over an effective vaccine rollout.

In an attempt to be optimistic (or realistic) in all the time covid has been going on, I know nobody personally who has died, either here or in the uk. Thats not to dismiss those that have. Seems very rare to me somehow. I know a lot of people, and none of them know anyone who died.

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If wet markets can open why not the malls, always was a farcical restriction.

Restaurants should be able to open but they must follow the regulations, many don't and they observe nothing.

And what about the fact that you can not buy a... frying pan in Makro (tape all over the alley).... But you can buy plastic containers. ????

If you think about it... a frying pan can be more "essential" than a container (to prepare food).

Nonsense, crazy science are everywhere.

It will stop not because politicians are smart (we would know it if it was the case) but because Thailand can not afford it.

It's a simple as that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neillyweilly said:

So you can only go to a restaurant or mall if you are fully vaccinated? 

(1) What are the implications of a two-tier society where the vaccinated and the un-vaccinated are separated?  

(2) Who is left to police the policy? The owner of the restaurant who is almost broke; the security guard in the mall?

Looks like we are about to enter a very new Thailand indeed. 

That is exactly what some countries are already doing. Get vaccinated or be stuck out in the cold.

In the mall, the security guards will likely enforce it on entry. In a restaurant, the owner will likely choose between enforcing it and be allowed 100% capacity or not enforcing it and only being allowed 25-50% capacity. There will probably be spot checks to ensure compliance with fines and forced closure for x days for non compliance. This is nothing new. Other countries are doing it as the new normal.

• Haha 1