PM speaks of "New Thailand" and Anutin suggests mall and restaurant opening imminent

webfact

3 hours ago, neillyweilly said:

So you can only go to a restaurant or mall if you are fully vaccinated? 

(1) What are the implications of a two-tier society where the vaccinated and the un-vaccinated are separated?  

(2) Who is left to police the policy? The owner of the restaurant who is almost broke; the security guard in the mall?

Looks like we are about to enter a very new Thailand indeed. 

A New World!!!  

Unvaccinated people will find it harder to enter area's where fully vaccinated people are allowed,in the UK after the end of September no unvaxed people are allowed into Night Clubs,and there will be a flow on from that to other public venues etc.

58 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

same old thailand actually... everyone (the top 8%) who matters is vaccinated, all my thai friends; educated professionals, and their families are fully vaccinated. who cares about the rest?!

This is the sad, sad reality of the situation I think most of us here face.

7 minutes ago, hioctane said:

That is exactly what some countries are already doing. Get vaccinated or be stuck out in the cold.

In the mall, the security guards will likely enforce it on entry. In a restaurant, the owner will likely choose between enforcing it and be allowed 100% capacity or not enforcing it and only being allowed 25-50% capacity. There will probably be spot checks to ensure compliance with fines and forced closure for x days for non compliance. This is nothing new. Other countries are doing it as the new normal.

Not here in udon, I believe we get some favouritism here, a big beneficiary of us foreigners. And the thing with policing restaurants is, soon, did we have a booster. It's just not for me.

9 minutes ago, hioctane said:

That is exactly what some countries are already doing. Get vaccinated or be stuck out in the cold.

In the mall, the security guards will likely enforce it on entry. In a restaurant, the owner will likely choose between enforcing it and be allowed 100% capacity or not enforcing it and only being allowed 25-50% capacity. There will probably be spot checks to ensure compliance with fines and forced closure for x days for non compliance. This is nothing new. Other countries are doing it as the new normal.

U rigth.But must have the approved vaccine.Cant get anywhere if vaccinated with sinovac or other thats not approved.Big problem for thais who want to travel to europe.Im happy i left thailand 31st may and get home to my country and get phizer wery fast and now fully vaccinated.

1 minute ago, stigar said:

U rigth.But must have the approved vaccine.Cant get anywhere if vaccinated with sinovac or other thats not approved.Big problem for thais who want to travel to europe.Im happy i left thailand 31st may and get home to my country and get phizer wery fast and now fully vaccinated.

Enjoy the weather (sorry sarcastic) and the draconian rules being put in place in most of the western world.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Enjoy the weather (sorry sarcastic) and the draconian rules being put in place in most of the western world.

Im doing fine about the weather.And everything is open.My last time in Bangkok was just go to 7/11 and had to use apps for order food.Here i can dine and drink in a restaurant or a pub/bar without get afraid getting fined by the police.

2 minutes ago, stigar said:

Im doing fine about the weather.And everything is open.My last time in Bangkok was just go to 7/11 and had to use apps for order food.Here i can dine and drink in a restaurant or a pub/bar without get afraid getting fined by the police.

Yes, must be uk, a 12 day heatwave arrived. Good luck with all the miserable faces around you 55. Dont drink and drive there, or you're for the gallows 55

Edited by Khabib
Additional

Thais are not getting vaccinated quickly enough! Get closer to 70pc double jabbed before opening up. Premature at current vaccination rate. All very well those having boosters trying to maximise their profits but it's too soon for most Thais

Just now, stigar said:

thank  u,,thats true

Some of the most balanced and happy people I ever met. My brother in law is Norwegian, we had many happy a drinking time. All the best, I guess readers want to get back on topic though.

Just now, Khabib said:

Some of the most balanced and happy people I ever met. My brother in law is Norwegian, we had many happy a drinking time. All the best, I guess readers want to get back on topic though.

Thanks again..i love to hear that..about vaccines we only allow phizer and moderna..in my place 100% is vaccinated..next week they start vaccine people age 16-17..Here everything is open,and we can travel around.Covid numbers going up last week but not the numbers of people getting sick so it seems the vaccines is working good.

• Like 1

Claims and promises by Prayut.  When has ever fulfilled any of those promises.  Has he returned happiness to the people, has he stopped the corruption, and better yet has he succeeded in helping out the lesser than people who are caught in this terrible Covid closure of the country and who have lost everything?  He claimed that covid would be contained, he claimed that it was 100% under control, and then he encouraged travel during Songkran and said "It will be what it will be", his claims and promises ring hollow, and he has brought the people to the boiling point, but instead of seeing the error of his ways he has the police summons the parents of the protestors who are minors.  Sad state of affairs and my heart goes out to the people of the country I now call my home.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Hopefully the schools will open in line with the other plans to open up. 

Been shut far too long with this pretend online education. 

It is indeed almost over. Time to give the Thai people their livelihoods and jobs back and move on. 

Schools should not be opened up, before the childrens families have been fully vaccinated. Otherwise the children wil catch the virus in school and bring it back home to the unvaccinated family.

Edited by Xonax
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, vinci said:

i know it is an covid epidemic, but you have to restart the economy or else the country would be in trouble

Absolutely, the effect of death of the economy will cause far more fatalities than covid ever could.

• Thanks 1

Its unbelievable how so many Aseannow members, aka. expat-farangs, bitching and moaning over something that's going in the right direction, be happy for every little step forward instead, and note not many of us are not forced to be here, usually there is a home country to the vast majority of us if it gives a bad taste in the mouth to be here...

Edited by spetersen
Some text changes
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spetersen said:

Its unbelievable how all Aseannow member aka. expat-farangs, bitching and moaning over something that's going in the right direction, be happy for every little step forward, and note not many of us are not forced to be here, usually there is a home country of it gives a bad taste in the mouth to be here...

A lot of us are, due to having loved ones here. I most certainly am a happy man to be here.

Western governments claimed if we can get to "herd" immunity we could return to normal. Delta changed everything. I get Australia ABC on my cable service here in Thailand now the PM is making little more than vague promises of ANY loosening even IF they get to 70 percent. In my country USA the deplorables,  up to 30 percent have the best vaccines served free on a silver platter, they absolutely won't take it. That "herd" will be thinned out. Israel, Iceland, isolatable islands like Guam everywhere they got high vaccine acceptance there are huge spikes. Lock downs don't work, unless they are so strict most regions cant bear them, and they only prolong the inevitable. We are all going to get it or be exposed to it and it will become endemic for out lifetimes unless there is some new vaccine that blocks all corona viruses. Ever heard of the common cold?

Yes vaccinate of course to reduce hospitalization and death but the virus is not going away. There is no herd immunity. Got to change the strategies and governments need to change their messaging Return to normal  economic life and open all borders while making the best effort to protect the vulnerable. We have to learn to live with it or this madness will never end.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, spetersen said:

Its unbelievable how all Aseannow member aka. expat-farangs, bitching and moaning over something that's going in the right direction, be happy for every little step forward, and note not many of us are not forced to be here, usually there is a home country of it gives a bad taste in the mouth to be here...

Well said. 

Fortunately  apart from this platform no one probably gives a hoot what they say and it won’t influence the decision making one iota. 

Misery breeds misery. It’s the ones who ended with them I feel sorry for the most. They are probably rejoicing at the positive news on relaxing and opening again. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Khabib said:

A lot of us are, due to having loved ones here. I most certainly am a happy man to be here.

Also, I like your double negative, indicating that not many of us not want to be not living here 55

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

We said. 

Fortunately  apart from this platform no one probably gives a hoot what they say and it won’t influence the decision making one iota. 

We are but mere mortals. Something will get us at sometime.

• Like 1