Thai Meteorological Department forecasts monsoon rain and isolated heavy rains all over Thailand until end of August

snoop1130

DfN2PjsUEAAmd-L.jpg

Thailand’s Meteorological Department today, August 26th, warned of monsoon rain and isolated heavy rains all over Thailand until the end of August. Flash floods are also likely in the risky areas.

In general, during August 25th – the 29th, the monsoon trough will move down across the North, the Central, and the Northeast of Thailand while the southwest monsoon will strengthen, causing more rains with isolated heavy to very heavy rain are likely over the country. People in the risky areas should beware of the severe conditions, including floods and flash floods.

The southwest monsoon that prevails over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will weaken from the 30th – the 31st, resulting in less rain across the country. Meanwhile, the wind and waves over the Andaman Sea will be likely 1 – 2 meters and above 2 meters in thundershowers throughout the period.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/26/thai-meteorological-department-forecasts-monsoon-rain-and-isolated-heavy-rains-all-over-thailand-until-end-of-august/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Back in May the department predicted this year would be wetter than usual . So far it's been the driest rainy season in my 33 years here. May it pour over the next few weeks.

Maybe where you live not where I am in the North I gauge it by the level of water in the brother in-laws lake, close to overflowing last year empty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Maybe where you live not where I am in the North I gauge it by the level of water in the brother in-laws lake, close to overflowing last year empty.

Pattaya area has been pretty low rain....I gauge it by how often I need to pump out the pool or top it up with a hose......which I did have to do today (the former).

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya area has been pretty low rain....I gauge it by how often I need to pump out the pool or top it up with a hose......which I did have to do today (the former).

Probably more reliable that the Met Department, they are not much better in Australia despite all their technology and computers.

After the massive bush fires about a year ago they said there would be no rain for months

As if on queue the Eastern States had torrential rain and  flooding resolving a long drought.