COVID-19: Thailand reports 18,702 new coronavirus cases, 273 more deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am fully vaccinated with Moderna. I was vaccinated in the USA, and have my CDC vaccination card. Is that going to be sufficient for me to have a hamburger at a restaurant, or am I going to have to register for a Thai vaccination card?

That would be something to find out.  I wonder if registering your vaccination will be like trying to register your US marriage here at the local amphur....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Of course vaccinated people can still become infected - we've always known that. The fact is though, that the chances of a vaccinated person being infected are much, much lower.

For instance, in Massachusetts where the media were freaking out about an outbreak among vaccinated people, figures released by the state health authorities showed that despite that, only:

No, Most COVID Infections Are Not Occurring in Vaccinated People

Much, much lower is correct but it's not zero. We know how delta works. A poster mentioned Israel before. Interesting to look at this. Openned up. Fairly high full vaccination rate of >60%. Hospitalisations and deaths are still low but cases are on the up. Experts are looking closely at Israel for vaccine waning and breakthrough. As of yesterday Thailand hadn't reached 10% fully vaccinated and we know that a large percentage of this number would be Sinovac. This is a very, very low proportion of the country vaccinated. Maybe another gamble Thailand has to have but I haven't heard Mr. Empty Head Full Pockets come out and say it this time.

• Like 1

Thailand reports 17,984 COVID-19 cases, 292 more deaths 

COV28.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A man uses his phone at an almost empty road which is usually crowded with people, as lockdown and travel restrictions are imposed to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Bangkok, Thailand, July 12, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Saturday (August 28) reported 17,984 new COVID-19 cases, 20,535 recoveries and 292 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1229077-thailand-reports-17984-covid-19-cases-292-more-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin