Is there somehting wrong with View Talay 2 ?

parafareno

31 minutes ago, actonion said:

Lots of time share units in view talays, noisey too in my experience.

i have never understood  why maintenance fees  are  based on sq.. mt.. size, because maintenance is for  cleaning, garbage collection,  security,   lighting, and general maintenance of "public areas", nothing to do with an individual condo

Its based on what percentage of the block you own, if you own 5% of the block you pay 5% of the fees. Its the only equitable way of calculating fees, otherwise the guy that owns the 200sqm penthouse would be paying the same as the guy that owns a 20spm basement condo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Its based on what percentage of the block you own, if you own 5% of the block you pay 5% of the fees. Its the only equitable way of calculating fees, otherwise the guy that owns the 200sqm penthouse would be paying the same as the guy that owns a 20spm basement condo.

I understand what its based on, but i still dont agree that a penthouse owner should pay more  than a basement owner, being that maintenace fees  are to cover security,  cleaning,  lighting, etc etc.... a one price for all for maintenance is more fair i think 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:46 AM, scubascuba3 said:

People always sell at the wrong time, buy high sell low

Yes, that's a common problem in Thailand. They buy too soon, decide they don't like living here and want to get out asap. 

13 minutes ago, actonion said:

I understand what its based on, but i still dont agree that a penthouse owner should pay more  than a basement owner, being that maintenace fees  are to cover security,  cleaning,  lighting, etc etc.... a one price for all for maintenance is more fair i think 

In a condominium block, you essentially own two things, your condo, and a share of the common property, roof, external walls, hallways, lift , pool etc. You pay maintenance on your share of the common property. you own 5% of the roof you pay 5% for the roof repairs.

If a block gets demolished tomorrow, the land gets sold and you get back an amount based on the percentage of the block you own.

Think of it in terms of owning shares in Microsoft, if you own 10% of Microsoft, you pay 10% of Microsofts tax bill. its not spit equally amongst the number of shareholders, its split equally over the number of shares

1 hour ago, actonion said:

yes i do,  what has condo  size got to do with maintenance costs,? 

Makes more sense to me to apportion based on M² which is similar to value. Imagine a condo worth 10m and another worth 500k and a fee of 100k is due as only 50 condos, no one would buy the smaller units.

You could also argue those not using the pool shouldn't pay, and those on lower floors not using lifts don't pay, but it just wouldn't work

On 8/27/2021 at 11:42 PM, Mickeymaus said:

Buying a condo in Pattaya is not easy. Apart from condominiums that are used as hotels or for Airbnb you also might have a lot of extreme noise from open air entertainment. And new bars can open at any time next to your condo and from my personal experience they can make as much noise as they want. Not much what one can do against this. So select carefully. 

Yes.  Neighbors, permanent or Airbnb as some units were, especially Chinese or other nationalities can be a problem.  Stuff in 4 or 5 people in a unit next to you, and then good luck.  Not to mention not rare condo association nazis that ten to pop up.  Dealt with them in the USA at a place I lived in and I won't buy a condo unit ever again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Yes.  Neighbors, permanent or Airbnb as some units were, especially Chinese or other nationalities can be a problem.  Stuff in 4 or 5 people in a unit next to you, and then good luck.  Not to mention not rare condo association nazis that ten to pop up.  Dealt with them in the USA at a place I lived in and I won't buy a condo unit ever again.

You need committees and management to enforce rules otherwise you get bell ends doing things like putting windows on the balcony, ruins the look of condos.

i bought a condo in Pattaya and none of the issues you fear

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You need committees and management to enforce rules otherwise you get bell ends doing things like putting windows on the balcony, ruins the look of condos.

I never said I fear anything.  As far as committees and management, you poing out what could be and often is an issue, nazi over burdening condo management.  The pendulum can swing too far in either direction. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:45 PM, parafareno said:

i checked the location here.....there will be no bars there,,,but View talay has so many people living there......I think too many....becomes a huge mess....

I have never heard any complaints of outside noise from VT 2  I think that area is fairly safe from that.  I do think it can be a bit of a problem with all the short term visitors using AirBnB, which is allowed there without restriction I believe, or maybe 1 month minimum?  So it's kind of the luck of the draw what floor you are on and if there are lots of AirBnB flats on your floor and nearby.  I wouldn't want to be too close to the elevator.

Two pieces of advice I have heard from people who lived there. They seemed to think the side facing Pattaya is better because you don't get the sun blasting in and also a nicer evening breeze.  Also, I was told that's it's best to be on or above the 6th floor because mosquitos won't go that high.  Not sure how true that is.  Another thing is that I think the rooms are bigger in VT2A compared to VT 5 across the street.  Maybe VT2B too but not sure about that one.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 2:23 AM, scubascuba3 said:

funny question but for real, where do those nazis on bikes live? Not in view Talay LOL

• Haha 1