Thai national returning to home province.

Questionable

Hello! 

I was wondering if thai nationals are allowed to return to their home province? 

A friend is breaking up with his thai Gf, she is from Nakhon Phanom. We stay in hua hin, how can his ex girlfriend travel back to Nakhon phanom right now? 

Is it possible to hire a taxi? Is she allowed to travel back home? She has no way of sustaining herself financially right now so she needs to get back home. 

Q. 

Check with the Amphur in her home town as to what is required when she arrives there. Local Pu Yai baan is the alternative.

As for getting there, Taxi or some kind of private transport is about all that is generally available in most areas.

160km or 2hrs approximately by Taxi.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Check with the Amphur in her home town as to what is required when she arrives there. Local Pu Yai baan is the alternative.

As for getting there, Taxi or some kind of private transport is about all that is generally available in most areas.

My friends mother died last week she lives in Rayong her mother's funeral was in Kohn Kaen she was able to travel there but was told she could only stay overnight in a hotel do some family business the next morning and then return to Rayong or do 14 days quarantine at the hotel and she couldn't attend the funeral under any circumstances, bit harsh I thought but that's the rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Alright! Thank you for the advice, we will check with the amphur.

The distance is approximately 1000km or 12 hours by car. I guess we will try to find a taxi driver who is willing to drive that distance for a reasonable price. What might a reasonable price be? Around 5000-6000?

1 hour ago, Questionable said:

Alright! Thank you for the advice, we will check with the amphur.

The distance is approximately 1000km or 12 hours by car. I guess we will try to find a taxi driver who is willing to drive that distance for a reasonable price. What might a reasonable price be? Around 5000-6000?

People will be allowed to travel between provinces by public transportation as of September 1 if your friend can wait.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If you're coming from a red zone you'll need to quarantine for 14 days.

Hopefully he'll give her some money to get by for a few months.

• Thanks 1

Worth checking with the umphur.

Last week my Issan province changed from automatic 14 day quarantine for all arrivals to :-

No quarantine if coming from ASQ

No quarantine if double vax in the past 90 days

No quarantine if tested negative in the past 72 hours.

• Thanks 1