When Can Senior (60+) Thais Get Pfizter or Moderna?

D M G

Last week they were reportedly vaxxing 800 farangs per day at Central Festival on Beach Rd, me included. Pfizer was 1st jab and will also be 2nd, 3 weeks after the first. They will be vaxxing over 40s soon. Oh, and it's free!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Last week they were reportedly vaxxing 800 farangs per day at Central Festival on Beach Rd, me included. Pfizer was 1st jab and will also be 2nd, 3 weeks after the first. They will be vaxxing over 40s soon. Oh, and it's free!

Thai not farang

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

You're slow they have been doing this in here, Chonburi, weeks now.  Look at the Thai intevac website, and follow directions.   60+ easy to get.

That's farang, not Thai...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, champers said:

Already doing over 40's.

Moderna is a paid for vacc if you've signed up at BHP, coming soon they tell me.

Are you talking foreigners or Thais?  If foreigners if you use the website as suggested you should be able to get the Pfizer, the Moderna isn't available but is rumor to be coming October but as a foreigner you will have to pay for it. 

As far as I'm concern if the government wasn't so greedy and corrupt ALL vaccines when obtain should be FREE and for EVERYONE!

Right now for the locals unless you are a front line worker or government?  Thais are getting Pfizer as a booster many started with the Sino, then booster with the AZ now another booster of Pfizer. 

How do any Thais book a vaccine appointment? My wife and her friends used Morprom and subsequently Chulabhorn Sinopharm in mid June and despite being registered are unable to get an appointment. My wife's relatives in Bangkok and Kamphaengphet have all been double jabbed but nothing for Thais in Chonburi? What is going on? 

Many hospitals have just started giving THAIS 60+ Pfizer around last week, it depends on the hospital, some will allow walk in, some  you need to sign up. Best to call or go in the hospital and ask directly. There seems to be no shortages now, just not enough nurses giving jabs at some location. And catching up from past wait lists.

My 49-year-old wife has been registered for AZ for three months and has heard nothing aside from initially being told she had successfully registered.  I also want my 16-year-old son vaccinated with a quality vaccine, NOT Sinovac,  before he returns to on-site learning.  I expect all faculty and staff at his school to be fully vaccinated as well.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:03 AM, WEBBYB808 said:

You're slow they have been doing this in here, Chonburi, weeks now.  Look at the Thai intevac website, and follow directions.   60+ easy to get.

not for Thais

On 8/30/2021 at 12:24 PM, topt said:

Moderna isn't available yet.

I thought Thais aged 60 plus generally were being given AZ?

Where I live 150km north of Chiang Mai City the public hospital are only giving AZ And Sinovac. Now when or if the western vaccines come in I still have to travel 3 hours on the bus to Chiang Mai and 3 hours back home. On the bus there may be a good chance of getting covid so what's the point. If the government order the vaccines it should be available at public hospitals.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

are only giving AZ And Sinovac. Now when or if the western vaccines come in

You don't consider AZ a good enough vaccine (let alone it was developed in the west.....)?

So it is not that it isn't available but that you are being picky

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, topt said:

You don't consider AZ a good enough vaccine (let alone it was developed in the west.....)?

So it is not that it isn't available but that you are being picky

Yes I am picky aren't you? I'm not keen on the AZ mixed with the Sinovac vaccine. If you are that's your choice. If they say take a Pfizer vaccine followed by a Sinovac they can stick it where the sun don't shine. My picky choice.

18 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yes I am picky aren't you? I'm not keen on the AZ mixed with the Sinovac vaccine. If you are that's your choice. If they say take a Pfizer vaccine followed by a Sinovac they can stick it where the sun don't shine. My picky choice.

So have you attempted to find out if you can have AZ and AZ? If you can't then I understand. If you can but you are hanging out for Pfizer then yes - your picky choice as you say.

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Where I live 150km north of Chiang Mai City the public hospital are only giving AZ And Sinovac. Now when or if the western vaccines come in I still have to travel 3 hours on the bus to Chiang Mai and 3 hours back home. On the bus there may be a good chance of getting covid so what's the point. If the government order the vaccines it should be available at public hospitals.

AZ is a western vaccine it’s developed in the UK, I suspect I am in the same town as you have had first shot of AZ and second next couple of weeks.

That will protect you.

Instead of the bus use the van less people