Phuket COVID restrictions extended

webfact

1630298891_1-org.jpg

Image: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Schools are to remain closed and the ban on restaurants serving alcohol or allowing alcohol to be consumed on the premises remains in place after a new order was issued yesterday extending the COVID restrictions in effect across Phuket.

The order, No 4978/2564 issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew yesterday (Aug 29), is to come into effect on Wednesday (Sept 1) and is to remain in effect until at least Sept 14.

Under the order, all educational institutions on the island are ordered to remain closed except for those conducting “pilot teaching” and studying in private schools under the project “Phuket Safety School Sandbox” in accordance with current disease control measures and only with approval from the Phuket Provincial Disease Control Committee.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-covid-restrictions-extended-81230.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-30

• Haha 2

How about people entering Phuket?

“It is expected that on Monday, August 30, will come to a conclusion about the screening measures for people entering the Phuket area so that we can announce an order in Phuket Province that will come into effect on September 1, 2021,” he said."

14 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Is there any evidence that banning alcohol stops COVID from spreading? Does COVID live in beer and wine?

There is a huge volume of evidence that drunk people take greater risks, dont use masks or distance, and that drinking bars and nightlife are all major sources of infection yes.. If you choose to be ignorant of those well demonstrated facts, thats your issue. 

As Thailand is incapable of policing the difference between selling alcohol and people getting drunk, this is the obvious conclusion. 

Business that have been open all during the pandemic (when not ordered closed during lockdowns) are beginning to fold. I am noticing this in the Chalong area where I'm staying. Businesses can't take much more of these domestic and international travel restrictions. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Business that have been open all during the pandemic (when not ordered closed during lockdowns) are beginning to fold. I am noticing this in the Chalong area where I'm staying. Businesses can't take much more of these domestic and international travel restrictions. 

I agree and sad to watch

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 1:44 AM, Pedrogaz said:

Is there any evidence that banning alcohol stops COVID from spreading? Does COVID live in beer and wine?

I don't get it either.  Does anyone have a clue what the rationale is for this?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Phuket ...  RIP

You make a compelling argument.  Maybe I should cancel my planned Phuket trip.  The doom mongers here constantly cheerleading for failure to try feel better about their own station in life are never wrong.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

Extend the restrictions all you want TAT and Thai government, and there will not be a lot of

tourists coming to Thailand.  Ban all alcohol sales, and keep the bars closed after November 

and only non drinkers from a few countries will come. If there are other destinations in the world that do not

have any restrictions, well that is where the world travelers will be headed for, and Thailand will be left

in the dirt.  I do understand that there are some people who cannot handle their liquor and  and get drunk

and stupid, but if they are tourists, they can catch taxis back to their hotels and guest houses. The local 

Thais are another situation, and maybe that is what the bans are for.  High Season for tourism is coming soon.

Get the people vaccinated so less will be as affected by COVID, then some restriction can be lifted.

Geezer

• Like 1