Covid positive employees and sick leave?

Smithson

Does anybody know labour dept/government policy regarding sick leave for employees who test positive? One staff member who tested positive who has been double vaxxed called to say she doesn't feel well and will take at least another week off, after the initial 14 days.  My concern is that any staff who get infected will try to take as much time off as possible. If enough people contracted covid then this could send me broke. At the moment I have three staff still sick, with the rest being tested weekly.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wmlc said:

Staff should be working from home so the problem is the management in the company. Do you really want someone with Covid coming to work? For this case, have her supply a medical certificate and if the doctor does not agree then she will need to return to working which should be working from home now.

Many staff are working from home, but it's not possible for everyone, all the time, which is a shame because it would save a lot on rent, electricity etc. I'm asking specifically about labour laws and related government advice on this.

• Haha 1

Just now, Smithson said:

Many staff are working from home, but it's not possible for everyone, all the time, which is a shame because it would save a lot on rent, electricity etc. I'm asking specifically about labour laws and related government advice on this.

especially in Thailand...

who is going to trust a Thai working from home if no webcam locked on him ?

9 hours ago, Smithson said:

And I answer that. Ask for a medical certificate.