Mass Sinopharm vaccination campaign started in Pattaya and Chonburi area, goal is 70% vaccinated by end of October

webfact

I have to say the words "placebo" and "paper exercise" spring to mind. It does, apparently, reduce the risk of serious iliness and death, and that's all good for the people of Pattaya, but I'm failing to see how this makes the place more fit for tourists, especially international ones. I'm assuming that is the main focus. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it all now about the transmission of variants?

How can 70% of the population be vaccinated in Pattaya by the end of October. One shot maybe which is useless. Chinese tests have shown that the two main Chinese vaccinations after a single shot, are only 14.8 % effective against Delta. Recipients will need one more shot within a month and then a booster shot. As usual. Pipe dreams.

• Like 2

Pattaya or  where ever, take the vaccine which ever you are offered it must give a level of protection, it is reported better stuff is coming at that time you can have an upgrade but at least you will hopefully miss the worst this virus can give you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Khun Yogi said:

How can 70% of the population be vaccinated in Pattaya by the end of October. One shot maybe which is useless. Chinese tests have shown that the two main Chinese vaccinations after a single shot, are only 14.8 % effective against Delta. Recipients will need one more shot within a month and then a booster shot. As usual. Pipe dreams.

All true but they have paid for them already so will continue to use regardless of all other considerations. There is mounting pressure for them to be seen doing something so they will continue to use both Chinese vaccines then give AZ as a more serious second jab.

I know these are only CCP donkey wee vaccines but the principal still remains:

Vaccinate the old/sick before wasting them on useless litterbox exercises.

So much for the Blah Blah from the CCSA (here in Asean Today news) about the priority being the old is quite meaningless.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Banglamung – The Pattaya City Mayor has confirmed, according to him, that by at least the end of October, 70 percent of Pattaya residents will be vaccinated. The city has received 60,000 doses of Sinopharm vaccines so far which are being vaccinated to roughly 2,000 people per day.

I'm sure the locals are overjoyed to have the Sino-something.