Immigration promises no cover up after audio clip of "freedom in exchange for cash" hits social media

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I turned up at the agency to be met by a tall Swede named Lars, who only needed my passport, as the only supporting document that were required was paper cash.

When my passport came back it had an entry/exit stamp for Brisbane, Australia, despite the fact that I have never been to Australia.

The agent went on to set up a website named ThaiVisa. ????

Is this even remotely serious?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Express Service Sabai Company, Ltd was the name. Dodgy visas were the game.

Thanks, couldn't remember the name.

I do remember Lars, despite some of the stories that floated around the web about him, he came across as being a decent chap (albeit a decent chap with dodgy visas). ????

Express Service Sabai Company, Ltd was such a long time ago and my memory fails with age, please remind me, wasn't the shop very near to The Crossbar?

Edited by Bert got kinky

If they issued receipts for monies paid that would be a starter there is no accounting method 500 baht for a letter confirming address no receipt 300 baht for photo copying  no receipt over stays no receipt the whole system stinks of corruption. I even had a friend who was taken to the ferry boat by a certain immigration officer

(now retired) via the atm and ended up paying the officer 10,000 so he could get his passport back and this was all done in front of my friends   Thai wife he told me on the ferry that the IO was demanding 20,000 I’d helped him with all his documents they were all 100% correct but my friend was a 70 year old vulnerable man .the same guy once tried to charge me 4,000 baht for a years 1,900 extension of stay but I told him very politely where to go 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Do you honestly not know the history of ThaiVisa?

And why would it matter who set up ThaiVisa, this website is Asean Now and The fopunder of ThaiVisa is no longer here and has not been a part of the ThiaVisa forum for a very long time and he has no part in the running of Asean Now.

I'm afraid not; I do not know the history of every websites I visit on the internet; is that a crime? is that a sin?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Audio clips, CCTV clips. Those are the real problems they'll Address at the committee... 

CCTV did nothing for the Burmese 2, not only was facial recognition technology used by overseas investigators that said this person running from the scene was not a B2, nothing ever came of it, they said it looked more like the boy discovered in BK with a new haircut.

Ferrari Joe will plead self defense for  trying to enforce protective face mask rules for infection by masking with plastic.

He was only trying to protect his fellow officers and the public from Delta spreading.

He was probably hissing and spitting, would not listen and was warned several times before the face mask was applied.

• Haha 1

Because Thailand is the only country this happens in?
I think not. The main difference is, many in Thailand do it because they don't earn enough. In other countries, they do it to bolster what is already a healthy wage.
I'm, in no way, condoning their actions, but you'd think that Thailand is the only country it happens in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, fangless said:

You have no way of knowing which of those passports is there from an agent who is doing a legitimate job or is bribing/breaking the rules. 

Not all agency applications are fake.

Are there honest agents?  'An honest immigration agent', sounds like an oxymoron to me.

• Haha 2

Isn't it strange that when a corruption story breaks -- whatever department -- the reaction is one of "amazement" and a statement that a full investigation will be made!

The entire population knows there is corruption in every government department! It is an accepted way of Thai life!  It is so rife in the police that every level obviously are aware of it -- and either condone it or are involved in it -- and it will NEVER be wiped out without the disbandment of entire units and loss of pensions to all -- and imprisonment of the high-rankers!

So, it will never happen!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I have 2 friends who use agents because they are to lazy to do it themselves, nothing to do with money

Sure, there are honest people who fulfil the requirements, but are too lazy to do it themselves.  But that doesn't mean that the agent they use isn't corrupt, they're simply not being corrupt on those occasions.  If it wasn't for corrupt agents, then 50% of the retirees here, wouldn't be here.  Just have a little wander down your local bar street, when they open again, legally and officially, and I'll bet the percentage rises to 90%.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

Isn't it strange that when a corruption story breaks -- whatever department -- the reaction is one of "amazement" and a statement that a full investigation will be made!

The entire population knows there is corruption in every government department! It is an accepted way of Thai life!  It is so rife in the police that every level obviously are aware of it -- and either condone it or are involved in it -- and it will NEVER be wiped out without the disbandment of entire units and loss of pensions to all -- and imprisonment of the high-rankers!

So, it will never happen!

it's their way of life and they see nothing wrong with it at all. It will take a generation or two to change that mind set if the government ever have the appetite to go down that route..

• Like 1