Anyone had the second Pfizer jab at Central Festival?

giddyup

19 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Would have thought there would have been more feedback here now that the 2nd injections are underway ? Busy ? Best time to go ? Paperwork given ?

Well perhaps not.... yesterday, Tuesday, the BHP scheduled a relatively impromptu vaccination drive for Westerners for AZ+AZ, so there presumably were no Pfizer second jabs going on. Maybe hear more today.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well perhaps not.... yesterday, Tuesday, the BHP scheduled a relatively impromptu vaccination drive for Westerners for AZ+AZ, so there presumably were no Pfizer second jabs going on. Maybe hear more today.

I thought the second Pfizer jabs were underway at Central Festival again this week ? Mine is tomorrow

Edited by pattayapip
Added Pfizer

1 minute ago, pattayapip said:

I thought the second jabs were underway at Central Festival again this week ? Mine is tomorrow

I can't remember when they started on the week of 16th Aug... I was 19th so like you due tomorrow for #2. They did schedule walk-ins there for AZ+AZ organized by BHP yesterday, so I don't expect 2nd doses of Pfizer were at the same time and place.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I called in yesterday 15.00 and big queues,spoke with a couple of chaps and they were getting their first jabs (didn’t ask which) but I noticed there next appointment paper was green....my Pfizer was a white notice....my main query was what notification I would receive after my second jab monday next,I was informed we will be given a certificate stating what vaccines and when given plus a 13 digit number to register on the Mor Phrom application....second dose of Pfizer should be starting tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, david555 said:

Early morning suffering in rain  coming from Jomtien by moto-taxi  Pattaya flooded streets/sois and other  , arriving all wet from knee to feet  (needed by foot to cross knee high water second road at Festival 

Do not  worry for your jabs at Festival  6th floor , all is like before , just must take question document to fill in first , then go to the moderate que  ,after  up to  first desk , after that straight to the needle place , no blood pressure this time taken  ..! (at least in my case ).... after be vaccination again to the waiting 30 min. area .

But here it take longer as they also prepare your vaccinating certificate  ..... so here the administration  is more time needed .

After they call number or + name  you get your certificate ...., must check good name and passport number and birth date is correct ....(in my case my family name was 1 letter changed from A to a faulty U ....) if so then they bring you across another office where they do the changing in their computer room i guess..., as must wait on seat until they bring the corrected one back with your passport .

In attachment a pic. from the tutorial you must do , to get the Vaccination passport after if needed .

I guess (i hope ????..) we can do that also in BKK Pattaya hospital  too , maybe for a fee , instead having to travel to BKK area , i think this is a simple standard information , find strange we need airline ticket already ...., why not just give it pre travel , so being prepared , less hassle last moment with all the other test doc's ?

20210908_105928.jpg

Most important i forgot .... Yes it is still Pfizer they vaccinate ! ..... Thanks once more  Americans ????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Back on topic.

I had my second pfizer jab at Central Festival today.  Very quick going through to get the jab. Then the usual half hour observation. Then the wait to get the certificate. The waiting time for me was about 40 minutes in addition to the observation period. Anyway I am happy it is done.

An additional note, your address on the certificate is the address of Bangkok Hospital.  That seemed to cause a bit of confusion.

Might be they see that as the address  of administration by Bkk hospital administrating staff of the vaccination .

I remember yesterday they only asked to us to see if name and passport number is correct .

Edited by david555

21 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Back on topic.

I had my second pfizer jab at Central Festival today.  Very quick going through to get the jab. Then the usual half hour observation. Then the wait to get the certificate. The waiting time for me was about 40 minutes in addition to the observation period. Anyway I am happy it is done.

An additional note, your address on the certificate is the address of Bangkok Hospital.  That seemed to cause a bit of confusion.

What time did you go? I have my second jab next Tuesday so would prefer to go when not too busy.

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What time did you go? I have my second jab next Tuesday so would prefer to go when not too busy.

I went quite early, about 9.30am... and quite busy.... but when I left an hour plus later, no sign of queuing....

Mind you there was a cable guy appointment for my group, 09.00to 3pm.

• Like 1

If it helps any one get prepared for same same ....

I went yesterday (10th).  11.00. About 100 in queue. But not long before I was second jabbed.

Thus I had to go to the usual area to chill/be monitored for a reaction/wait for vax certificate.

It was full.  I reckon 150 people ... so we were directed to an adjacent area.  My slip had a time on as before on vax 1 as the time your observation time over (as I understand it).

That 30 minute time went by ... and I noticed many people were getting restless.  A few complaining. A number of russians and others got very vocal. 

My frustration was the amplified calling of numbers not clear where we were.  After 1 hour I thought I must have missed my number called. But no.  People vaxed after me were called and got the certificate.  One guy vaxed at same time had got his paperwork after 1 hour. A further 1 hour later I was still there waiting.

Numbers way passed my number (some 50 plus more) were being called.

So in total I waited about 2 hours after my vaxing to get the paperwork.  Most of us were just confused what was happening.   Eventually I asked the guy on the microphone what the delay was. We only had to wait 30 mins for paperwork vax 1. He was being hassled so I left him alone, for a long time.

I was curious what the problem was ... was their computer crashed or something (to produce the paperwork).   He looked annoyed as I approached thinking I was gonna be another whinger.

He said no .. we just very busy today.  Hard to believe as they seemed to be handing out certificates in batches of about 6 only every 10 minutes.  60 an hour when they had hundreds waiting.

It was no hardship to wait 2 hours for the paperwork.  It was just confusing and a worry you have been forgotten.  Well .... except many others in same boat, cursing and swearing and sighing in frustration.

So if your going next week take something to read.   And chill if long wait.

There did not seem any queue to be vaxed after about 13.00.  But then you would have to join the hold up in the vaxed waiting area.

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

That 30 minute time went by ... and I noticed many people were getting restless.  A few complaining. A number of russians and others got very vocal. 

This was really irritating me when I went the day before you. Foreigners both male and female could not seem to wait to be called but kept getting up to ask if their 30 minutes was up even though the guys were clearly doing it to a system. As you mention you only had to wait further for the certificate so not sure what the hurry was......

You were unlucky. I only waited about 35 minutes more but saw several people who were vaxed after me receive their paper a good 15 minutes before me and I thought I was hard done by ????

Thinking about it not surprising as the numbers were written down by the staff doing the vaxxing (of which I think there were 6?) so they would have been allocated numbers to use and then depends when the paperwork was collected up - so 6 different piles. No real way to sort in order of vaccination when done that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topt said:

This was really irritating me when I went the day before you. Foreigners both male and female could not seem to wait to be called but kept getting up to ask if their 30 minutes was up even though the guys were clearly doing it to a system. As you mention you only had to wait further for the certificate so not sure what the hurry was......

You were unlucky. I only waited about 35 minutes more but saw several people who were vaxed after me receive their paper a good 15 minutes before me and I thought I was hard done by ????

Thinking about it not surprising as the numbers were written down by the staff doing the vaxxing (of which I think there were 6?) so they would have been allocated numbers to use and then depends when the paperwork was collected up - so 6 different piles. No real way to sort in order of vaccination when done that way.

I received an email 3 weeks ago for the vaccintion program at Central Pattaya. It stated that I'd been accepted and my application like all the others has been passed on to the health ministry. No date or times were mentioned, maybe the 12th of never.

17 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

I received an email 3 weeks ago for the vaccintion program at Central Pattaya. It stated that I'd been accepted and my application like all the others has been passed on to the health ministry. No date or times were mentioned, maybe the 12th of never.

you should have got a text message to your phone - might be worth going down there and asking someone if your booked in- they should have your passport number on the system I would assume - they never asked me for the text message - maybe you should just turn up

Thanks for your prompt reply smedly, I always thought that I would be notified by email after sending the application via that method. So I took your advice and sure enough there's a text message on my phone. Next Tuesday at lunch time, I wonder how many people are missing their appointments because they are waiting for an email as I did. Once agan thanks for your informative reply, it's very much appreciated.

12 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Thanks for your prompt reply smedly, I always thought that I would be notified by email after sending the application via that method. So I took your advice and sure enough there's a text message on my phone. Next Tuesday at lunch time, I wonder how many people are missing their appointments because they are waiting for an email as I did. Once agan thanks for your informative reply, it's very much appreciated.

I told a friend of mine to just go down there (no appointment) he got a jab 30mins later  

7 hours ago, smedly said:

I told a friend of mine to just go down there (no appointment) he got a jab 30mins later  

Is booze off limits for 24 hours after the 1st vaccine shot. I'm not a heavy drinker anymore but I do enjoy a few bottles every night.

1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

Is booze off limits for 24 hours after the 1st vaccine shot. I'm not a heavy drinker anymore but I do enjoy a few bottles every night.

There is no mention of avoiding alcohol after shot, so I assume it's safe to have a couple.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

I had my first jab on 9 Aug, I had some red wine with dinner & a few bottles of beer as well, that was the night before, when we got home after the jab I had the same again, no problems to report, also at Samithivej in Sriracha they don't bother with blood pressure check, even better ????

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 9:04 AM, champers said:

It is being widely reported that VIPs are taking the best vaccines for a 3rd jab. This could be impacting supplies of Pfizer, I guess. We will find out soon.

I don't know if that's true or not,  but that's a surefire way to start a rumour.

Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I had my first jab on 9 Aug, I had some red wine with dinner & a few bottles of beer as well, that was the night before, when we got home after the jab I had the same again, no problems to report, also at Samithivej in Sriracha they don't bother with blood pressure check, even better ????

It is advised not to drink alcohol for a few days after the jab, also light exercise only - google search it plenty of articles of do's and don'ts

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Not at all.... although someone might tell you so where you get it done. 

It is just that some get a flu-like reaction and might be better in bed with a cocoa and 2 Tylenol.

They seem to jab the left arm so should not impair bottle lifting. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not at all.... although someone might tell you so where you get it done. 

It is just that some get a flu-like reaction and might be better in bed with a cocoa and 2 Tylenol.

They seem to jab the left arm so should not impair bottle lifting. 

that is not correct - vaccines rely on a strong immune response and it is a well known fact that alcohol degrades the bodies immune system 

it is advised to avoid alcohol after getting a shot of vaccine 

a simple google search will reveal many advisories on the subject about do's and don'ts 

after that it is up to each individual to heed the expert advise or ignore it 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They also advise the same when taking antibiotics but there is no correlation. I would worry someone who is a regular drinker having more of a problem with withdrawal. But note, the person asking the question above was only suggesting a few bottles. 

Perhaps look elsewhere for your morning argument?

a vaccine requires a strong immune response to work properly 

not looking for an argument - it was one of things I researched before getting the shots - advising people to drink away no problem is the wrong advise which is why I suggested people research it themselves and make their own choice - no argument 

As for antibiotics - yes generally true - but there are some antibiotic that react with alcohol badly