Anyone had the second Pfizer jab at Central Festival?

giddyup

On 9/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, patsfangr said:

I got my first shot of Pfizer vax at Central Festival on August 25th. Having lived in Thailand for the last 15 years, I have learned that nothing promised here is ever certain. Rules and availability of various items change almost daily. Add to that the up and down situations with Pfizer and Moderna vaccines at BHP, and I have been concerned since that first shot about the availability of Pfizer vax for my second shot, scheduled on the 15th. I will remain concerned until it's injected! ... That said, I have to ask the OP if the friend he mentioned was trying to get his FIRST or SECOND shot. That's an important point. I would HOPE that they reserved enough Pfizer to ensure that there would be enough to provide a second dose for those who got one, and were given an appointment slip for the second. ... BUT - TIT! 

1.9 mil doses only go so far since healthcare workers got 500k to 600k jabs. Should be another shipment i think of 10 mil coming here between Oct and Dec 2021. I think a total of 30 mil by year end of Pfizer. Things are looking better here

42 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

i just got a text appointment for 21 Sept for first Phizer, I register 25 Aug.

Thanks for your update.  I also registered on 25 August and have not heard back yet, but it sounds like I might still get that elusive first jab of Pfizer at Central Festival.

• Like 2

Had second shot yesterday. Pfizer shots did not have to queue up at section 3, hardly anyone waiting .

my guess Pfizer second shots were kept aside but no first shots 

PS. Second shot hit much harder than the first. For few hours I thought I was mutating , my eyeballs were hurting and felt like were about to pop out. In Addition tp being very dizzy, bad sleep and body aches. Morning all seem to go away 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Barefoot said:

Thanks for your update.  I also registered on 25 August and have not heard back yet, but it sounds like I might still get that elusive first jab of Pfizer at Central Festival.

It'll all work out in the end.... I registered on 5 different sites since 3rd Aug. Got 7 different appointment SMS's of which 4 the same day September 2nd. Tomorrow 2nd dose of Pfizer........ 

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Had second shot yesterday. Pfizer shots did not have to queue up at section 3, hardly anyone waiting .

PS. Second shot hit much harder than the first. For few hours I thought I was mutating , my eyeballs were hurting and felt like were about to pop out. In Addition tp being very dizzy, bad sleep and body aches. Morning all seem to go away 

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday as well, but as yet no symptoms at all, other than a bit of a restless sleep and a slightly sore arm.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

I had my second Pfizer shot yesterday as well, but as yet no symptoms at all, other than a bit of a restless sleep and a slightly sore arm.

Wow! Very strange on second shot you not feel sick, fever or Body aches. I know close to 100 friends and family that have all felt symptoms on second shot back in USA. Its the symptoms that tell you the vaccine is at work.  

51 minutes ago, club said:

Wow! Very strange on second shot you not feel sick, fever or Body aches. I know close to 100 friends and family that have all felt symptoms on second shot back in USA. Its the symptoms that tell you the vaccine is at work.  

Symptoms can appear anytime withing 48 hours. If they don't appear do you suggest I go back for another jab? If you do a Google search you will see that roughly 50% of people experience no symptoms.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article250124699.html

Edited by giddyup

58 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Symptoms can appear anytime withing 48 hours. If they don't appear do you suggest I go back for another jab? If you do a Google search you will see that roughly 50% of people experience no symptoms.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article250124699.html

no symptoms means nothing - you were just lucky, wouldn't worry about it

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I have a question - anyone know what type of visa is required for getting the jab - must it be a 12 month extension, a friend is on a tourist visa does he qualify

Do not think tourist visa will get him a shot. Saying that , no one actually checks visa page only ask when you register. 

9 hours ago, Barefoot said:

And indeed, I was notified this evening (Sept 15) that I have an appointment on Sept 20 at Central Festival for the first Pfizer jab.  So, they are still working through the list.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Do not think tourist visa will get him a shot. Saying that , no one actually checks visa page only ask when you register. 

Maybe there is a database they  check for eligibility at stage 2 of the process, though I doubt it.

When I had my 1st jab the chap on front of me had no appointment, he just chanced it on the day. He was taken to an empty desk to do some extra paperwork and ended up getting his jab 30 minutes after I had mine.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:48 PM, jacko45k said:

I see your attached sheet does have a sensible time range.......mine simply says 0900-15.00

Youre a  special  case.......???? theyll  probably need the restraints etc,

Mine stated 9am first one week  ago, second one states 8am. 28th Sept.... dress smart casual

31 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Youre a  special  case.......???? theyll  probably need the restraints etc,

Mine stated 9am first one week  ago, second one states 8am. 28th Sept.... dress smart casual

Fwiw, I'm scheduled for my 2nd jab tomorrow with the same time listed 900-1500.

Edited by jwdub12

1 hour ago, champers said:

Maybe there is a database they  check for eligibility at stage 2 of the process, though I doubt it.

When I had my 1st jab the chap on front of me had no appointment, he just chanced it on the day. He was taken to an empty desk to do some extra paperwork and ended up getting his jab 30 minutes after I had mine.

Do not think they have access to immigration records. Perhaps the reason why when you register they have a small disclaimer saying please be truthful.  Also depends where you register , some sites people reporting they get turned down because they did not could not attach visa page.

I registered with Bangkok Hospital and only had a dropdown menu, did not have to provide any pics of the visa page

10 hours ago, BestB said:

I've read the second shot is a little worse.  

Good to know I'll book a hotel just in case as its 5 hour drive.  Nice break from the kids to.

My first Pfeizer shot on Sunday KKaen Central.  Sore arm is all.

How was your first shot?

Just now, MrJ2U said:

I've read the second shot is a little worse.  

Good to know I'll book a hotel just in case as its 5 hour drive.  Nice break from the kids to.

My first Pfeizer shot on Sunday KKaen Central.  Sore arm is all.

How was your first shot?

First no pain, but felt like a space cadet all day. Night time whole body hurt, especially the joints, but all was gone by the morning.

Second shot, initially was ok, but about 1 hour later is when i started to struggle with balance and concentrating. By evening is when i almost turned into a mutant with eyeballs hurting, night was some pain , but once again, by the morning all back to normal

Oh, First shot, arm did not hurt at all, Second shot, arm feeling some pain, but overall as i mentioned, its not terrible or bad pain needing pain killers, but more of a discomfort annoying mild pain

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

First no pain, but felt like a space cadet all day. Night time whole body hurt, especially the joints, but all was gone by the morning.

Second shot, initially was ok, but about 1 hour later is when i started to struggle with balance and concentrating. By evening is when i almost turned into a mutant with eyeballs hurting, night was some pain , but once again, by the morning all back to normal

Oh, First shot, arm did not hurt at all, Second shot, arm feeling some pain, but overall as i mentioned, its not terrible or bad pain needing pain killers, but more of a discomfort annoying mild pain

Thanks

I'm definitely going to spend the night.

You must be relieved to finally get it done with.

6 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thanks

I'm definitely going to spend the night.

You must be relieved to finally get it done with.

Was very proud of myself, once i registered mor prom and saw the green pass. Then 1 hour later, mor prom crashed and not showing it anymore. my happiness was shattered ????

On a more serious note, its a relief, not because of covid protection, but because at least now i can fly, travel and possibly be allowed to do more next month.

I was not particularly pro vaccine, but seeing how the world is changing and if not vaxxed many doors get closed in your face.

So feeling excited at the possibility now that i am fully vaxxed and vaxxed with internationally recognised and accepted vaccine.

PS. Good idea to spend the night, because you really do not know how it will affect you and last thing you want is be dizzy or spaced out while driving on a highway for 5 hours ????

Edited by BestB
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Was very proud of myself, once i registered mor prom and saw the green pass. Then 1 hour later, mor prom crashed and not showing it anymore. my happiness was shattered ????

On a more serious note, its a relief, not because of covid protection, but because at least now i can fly, travel and possibly be allowed to do more next month.

I was not particularly pro vaccine, but seeing how the world is changing and if not vaxxed many doors get closed in your face.

So feeling excited at the possibility now that i am fully vaxxed and vaxxed with internationally recognised and accepted vaccine.

Good for you.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, club said:

They need to stop the 14 day quarantine for international travelers especially if they are fully vaccinated with a negative test. Many people do not want to do the sandbox. Many people want the freedom to travel around Thailand  

this already has been proposed and most likely to get approved with some conditions from next month