Anyone had the second Pfizer jab at Central Festival?

giddyup

6 hours ago, smedly said:

The official dosing of this drug is x2 shots 20 days apart, that is what I was told I was getting and that is what I am expecting to get as per the manufacturers directions - I will not accept anything else. It would be gross medical Malpratice for them to do otherwise.

It is likely the OP wanted Pfizer but was told not enough left so was offered an alternative.

I would have accepted x2 Pfizer or x2 AZ but definately not any cocked up combination that some quack in thailand says is ok on a postit

Exactly, when they were "testing" these vaccines do you think manufacturers tested a mix of 3 or 4 different vaccines?

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Exactly, when they were "testing" these vaccines do you think manufacturers tested a mix of 3 or 4 different vaccines?

2x is the dose, that is how it is administered, I specifically asked that question before I got the first dose and my appointment slip also says Pfizer for my 2nd dose, I see no reason why they would not have made sure they had enough doses to achieve that.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

2x is the dose, that is how it is administered, I specifically asked that question before I got the first dose and my appointment slip also says Pfizer for my 2nd dose, I see no reason why they would not have made sure they had enough doses to achieve that.

The second dose Pfizer vaccines are currently being mixed and tested in a warehouse near Huay Yai as we speak....production is in line with delivery to Central later this week....please stop getting your knickers in a twist chaps...they’re free.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, petermik said:

The second dose Pfizer vaccines are currently being mixed and tested in a warehouse near Huay Yai as we speak....production is in line with delivery to Central later this week....please stop getting your knickers in a twist chaps...they’re free.

and you know this how exactly 

my knickers are straight and true - not buying into the OP - it is very likely first dose and not a surprise they have run out

thanks for the info regardless

Got a first shot of Pfizer last week (at Promenada Chiang Mai) and was assured that my second shot, scheduled in a couple of weeks, would also be Pfizer. (Of course, I have to show up on the scheduled day.) They are keeping careful track of shots they administer, and I'm led to believe that they're keeping everyone's second shot in reserve -- i.e., not administering so many first shots of Pfizer that they don't have enough for people's second shots.

On 9/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, giddyup said:

Reason I ask is that someone said they went yesterday and was told no more Pfizer.

Did they go for their first dose of Pfizer? Or their second dose?

If their first, then I can understand why they might deny that person as they have stocks reserved for second doses. So no reasons for concern on your part.

If this was for their second dose then maybe concern is warranted?

Context is important.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, jacko45k said:

I think the rounds of second doses are due to start Monday  6th, 3 weeks from the 1st Pfizer shots. I am due on the 9th..... I wonder if the 6th floor of The Central Festival is still available to them for use as Malls are allowed to reopen for regular shopping now. 

I was thinking exactly the same about the mall being open again. I guess we will get a Msge if different location. And to answer the OP, second dose will be Pfizer too. Refer to download. 

App 2nd shot.jpg

On 9/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, jacko45k said:

Yes, same. It made for a more efficient process.

Not entirely correct, as where and when you get the shot there are 2 different nurses preparing the syringes before vaccinating  at tables next to where you get vaccinated. 

16 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

I was thinking exactly the same about the mall being open again. I guess we will get a Msge if different location. And to answer the OP, second dose will be Pfizer too. Refer to download. 

App 2nd shot.jpg

I see they changed appointment hours 09-10 ..... might be to adapt to the mall normal opening time maybe ....so by Mall  opening time all is done 

Edited by david555

25 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

I see your attached sheet does have a sensible time range.......mine simply says 0900-15.00

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Not entirely correct, as where and when you get the shot there are 2 different nurses preparing the syringes before vaccinating  at tables next to where you get vaccinated. 

It seemed far more efficient that she had a syringe in the tray ready to go when I sat down... I didn't see or notice other nurses nearby. Other than at the other injection stations. 

Edited by jacko45k

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I see your attached sheet does have a sensible time range.......mine simply says 0900-15.00

Mine also, and as for the I wonder if it is open scenario,  god why do people get themselves into a tizzy over something that may never happen,  time to worry is when you get there and the doors are locked ???? ????

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, david555 said:

I see they changed appointment hours 09-10 ..... might be to adapt to the mall normal opening time maybe ....so by Mall  opening time all is done 

Indeed, perhaps.....but at the time I got the appointment it wasn't decided or announced the Malls would be allowed to reopen?????

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It seemed far more efficient that she had a syringe in the tray ready to go when I sat down... I didn't see or notice other nurses nearby. Other than at the other injection stations. 

Maybe slightly different depending on days????? 

8 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Indeed, perhaps.....but at the time I got the appointment it wasn't decided or announced the Malls would be allowed to reopen?????

Or maybe they reach almost at their supply , and waiting for next group USA supply who was  planned to come  , and now just taking care to give all first ones jabbed  also the second jab ,

and hence decreasing the vaccinating hours planning (condensing the candidates appointments )

1 hour ago, mickyr55 said:

Mine also, and as for the I wonder if it is open scenario,  god why do people get themselves into a tizzy over something that may never happen,  time to worry is when you get there and the doors are locked ????????

It will be open because there's nothing on the sixth floor for shoppers to be bothered with.

Cinema closed, amusement area closed, and the area where they administer the jabs, at the opposite end from the cinema is devoid of shops.

All the shopping action is on lower floors and won't impact the Covid centre.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It will be open because there's nothing on the sixth floor for shoppers to be bothered with.

Cinema closed, amusement area closed, and the area where they administer the jabs, at the opposite end from the cinema is devoid of shops.

I thought I saw some fast food places and a cafe place, but thanks anyhow.

12 hours ago, pontious said:

My wife is on the 16th as well - 9 to 15 amended to 10 - 11. It was already changed when she received the card.   Maybe just the 16th.??

I expect that someone saw sense but at a later date. Given the wide range of 9am,-3pm I expect all the old boy Expats to be queuing up outside at 8am, like they do at immigration. Bit of a rush..... there is also the chance they are taking the afternoon off on the 16th.... or reserving it for another group.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I went on 23rd August and some restaurants were doing deliveries; they can open properly for dine-in now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

Would have thought there would have been more feedback here now that the 2nd injections are underway ? Busy ? Best time to go ? Paperwork given ?

I posted what happened so far above... 2nd shot on the 16th.... Certificate, as mentioned in other posts, will be issued the same day. 

There is no ' better time to go' ; You get the appointment upon 1st shot..Mentioning personal details, name and batch of Vaccine..... Nothing further to mention..

43 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

I posted what happened so far above... 2nd shot on the 16th.... Certificate, as mentioned in other posts, will be issued the same day. 

There is no ' better time to go' ; You get the appointment upon 1st shot..Mentioning personal details, name and batch of Vaccine..... Nothing further to mention..

The "appointment" for 1st shot is between 9-3, hardly an exact time.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Yes, you posted about your first shot, that was not the question, so yes you are correct, nothing further to mention about the first shot ????
The question was feedback on seconds shots which should be happening now . . . 

• Like 1