Anyone had the second Pfizer jab at Central Festival?

giddyup

Reason I ask is that someone said they went yesterday and was told no more Pfizer. I have already had my first Pfizer jab at BPH and due for the second on the 14th. However, I wouldn't be too happy if I was offered something other that Pfizer for my second jab.

• Like 1

I think the rounds of second doses are due to start Monday  6th, 3 weeks from the 1st Pfizer shots. I am due on the 9th..... I wonder if the 6th floor of The Central Festival is still available to them for use as Malls are allowed to reopen for regular shopping now. 

9 hours ago, patsfangr said:

I got my first shot of Pfizer vax at Central Festival on August 25th. Having lived in Thailand for the last 15 years, I have learned that nothing promised here is ever certain. Rules and availability of various items change almost daily. Add to that the up and down situations with Pfizer and Moderna vaccines at BHP, and I have been concerned since that first shot about the availability of Pfizer vax for my second shot, scheduled on the 15th. I will remain concerned until it's injected! ... That said, I have to ask the OP if the friend he mentioned was trying to get his FIRST or SECOND shot. That's an important point. I would HOPE that they reserved enough Pfizer to ensure that there would be enough to provide a second dose for those who got one, and were given an appointment slip for the second. ... BUT - TIT! 

Worry worry worry..... those second shots of Pfizer should start to be put into arms on Monday...3 weeks after the first lot of over 60s got done. I only wonder if this can happen smoothly when the Mall will be open. Personally not scheduled until Thursday, but not long to wait now. 

10 hours ago, patsfangr said:

I got my first shot of Pfizer vax at Central Festival on August 25th. Having lived in Thailand for the last 15 years, I have learned that nothing promised here is ever certain. Rules and availability of various items change almost daily. Add to that the up and down situations with Pfizer and Moderna vaccines at BHP, and I have been concerned since that first shot about the availability of Pfizer vax for my second shot, scheduled on the 15th. I will remain concerned until it's injected! ... That said, I have to ask the OP if the friend he mentioned was trying to get his FIRST or SECOND shot. That's an important point. I would HOPE that they reserved enough Pfizer to ensure that there would be enough to provide a second dose for those who got one, and were given an appointment slip for the second. ... BUT - TIT! 

Not a friend, another Forum member, and he didn'say if it was his first or second shot.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not a friend, another Forum member, and he didn'say if it was his first or second shot.

My memory says it was for the first and that he didn't even have an appt?

There is no point in worrying about it and one can only hope that knowing the nos. exactly they will have reserved the correct quantity.

Considering they opened it up to over 40s one would hope so.

As another poster says with malls now open not sure how that will work exactly if still the same location or we will just be mingling with shoppers/diners......

• Like 1

Why do people get themselves worried about hearsay, the Pfizer jab was by appointment only and was limited, my belief is that the reason for it being limited is that they set aside 2 vaccinations per person so the 2nd jab is there ready and waiting,  yesterday Festival was open for walk in but only 1st jab is sinovac second jab offered yesterday is Az.

Would like to add this information is not hearsay I have seen my friends documents from having it yesterday, also I had my 1st Pfizer last Thursday in Festival and was told about the 2nd jab.

I know TIT but hopefully I was told the truth, the reason that it was only foreigners by appointment is because most foreign countries do not recognise sinovac which could lead to problems for  foreigners if leaving Thailand. 

Edited by mickyr55
More information
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, patsfangr said:

Same dates, exactly! ????

I would add, that to my current knowledge mixed and match doesn't work/not accepted at many countries if plan travelling,

And even fewer if one in Sinovac...

so I am for sure not looking to

take an alternative.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Is there any kind of paperwork/certificate etc given after second jab? So you can prove you've had the vaccine if you decide to travel.

I was informed on my first visit that we would be given a card with vaccination details on it....perhaps others when they receive their second shots this coming week will confirm?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

When i got my first jab at Central the nurse didn't take it from a vial (where i could see the name of the vaccine). It was already preloaded onto a syringe. So i do not know for sure what i was given and i suspect the second jab will be the same.

Yes, same. It made for a more efficient process.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, jacko45k said:

I think the rounds of second doses are due to start Monday  6th, 3 weeks from the 1st Pfizer shots. I am due on the 9th..... I wonder if the 6th floor of The Central Festival is still available to them for use as Malls are allowed to reopen for regular shopping now. 

Same thinking i have about the 6th floor , as the organization that first jab was perfect , no crowded ...,my second Pfizer would be on the 8 Sept.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pontious said:

If you are concerned why not phone and ask.

no need to , shall see it on Wednesday ,

just crossed my thoughts..., same as other poster , but my guess is that the 6 th floor shall be available , as even the weekend evening  market at Theprasit  is quit shrunken in stalls ( many open places....), i guess all shops shall come very slow opening and being as before , trust is gone i think 

Edited by david555