Thailand cites positive results from Sinovac-AstraZeneca vaccine formula

snoop1130

8 hours ago, itsari said:

When is the booster shot coming on your knowledge of the mixing of vaccines ?

I take the trouble to read about a subject before i post .

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/19/mixing-covid-vaccines-what-you-need-to-know    Guess you didn't read this then. I can only find 1 country mixing Sinovac and AZ.

16 minutes ago, Chernsarmkhuat said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/19/mixing-covid-vaccines-what-you-need-to-know    Guess you didn't read this then. I can only find 1 country mixing Sinovac and AZ.

I also have not read of many (any?) cases, although I believe Cambodia is planning to mix Sinovac and AstraZeneca :

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/3143399/coronavirus-cambodia-mix-sinovac-astrazeneca-vaccine-shots-boosters

Supposedly there is a Philippines study of mixing Sinovac with other vaccines, but I have not been able to find such:

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/features/covid-19-vaccine-mixing-astrazeneca-pfizer/

Edited by oldcpu

2 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I also have not read of many (any?) cases, although I believe Cambodia is planning to mix Sinovac and AstraZeneca :

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/3143399/coronavirus-cambodia-mix-sinovac-astrazeneca-vaccine-shots-boosters

Here is another article that claims Cambodia has mixed Sinvovac with AstraZeneca:

https://news.yahoo.com/factbox-countries-weigh-mix-match-090454706.html

I have not found any other references of countries doing this mixing - although I would surprised if China has not investigated this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Although that is for the 3rd booster shot only in Cambodia. This thread is about first shot sinovac followed by second shot AZ

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Although that is for the 3rd booster shot only in Cambodia. This thread is about first shot sinovac followed by second shot AZ

There has also been mention (albeit not in the initial article) in Thailand of giving AstraZeneca as a booster to two Sinovac in Thailand.   In fact, I have read articles of that being done already.  Further - personal family experience: My niece, a front line nurse in Thailand (in a hospital that was over-booked with COVID patients), after 2 Sinovac, was booked for AstraZeneca as her booster jab. The day she went in for her AstraZeneca booster, she was given the choice, AstraZeneca or Pfizer?  She chose Pfizer as a booster.

Further, its not clear to me if the Philippines study on using AstraZeneca (and also other vaccines) as a mix with Sinovac is as a booster jab or as a second jab ?

Also, as I mentioned already, I would be very surprised if China has not studied AstraZeneca as a 2nd jab, and as a booster - although i suspect China might have political issues in using a non-Chinese vaccine as a 2nd jab or booster.   

Sadly, there is a lot of politics associated with vaccine distribution.

2 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

There has also been mention (albeit not in the initial article) in Thailand of giving AstraZeneca as a booster to two Sinovac in Thailand.   In fact, I have read articles of that being done already.  Further - personal family experience: My niece, a front line nurse in Thailand (in a hospital that was over-booked with COVID patients), after 2 Sinovac, was booked for AstraZeneca as her booster jab. The day she went in for her AstraZeneca booster, she was given the choice, AstraZeneca or Pfizer?  She chose Pfizer as a booster.

Further, its not clear to me if the Philippines study on using AstraZeneca (and also other vaccines) as a mix with Sinovac is as a booster jab or as a second jab ?

Also, as I mentioned already, I would be very surprised if China has not studied AstraZeneca as a 2nd jab, and as a booster - although i suspect China might have political issues in using a non-Chinese vaccine as a 2nd jab or booster.   

Sadly, there is a lot of politics associated with vaccine distribution.

Sure I have no doubt about that but thats not what this was about, it was about Thailand's ongoing plan to give one shot Sinovac and second shot AZ...this is the only country in the world currently doing that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Booster doses will be given to 3 million people who received two Sinovac shots, using a different type of vaccine, likely from this month, health minister Anutin Charnvirakul has said.

This mix and match vaccine strategy has no clinical basis.  This is when politics trumps science.  Politic demands a solution then creates a solution and calls it "scientific." 
If my first vaccination was Sinovac, my next vaccine will be Sinovac. 
If my first vaccination was AZ, my next vaccine will be AZ. 
Mix and match is untested insanity.
"But <so and so> university did a study!"  Look at the country you are in.  Look at who produces what.  Look at the conflicts of interest. 

If you get them for free you have no choice.
Fine - I'll pay for them.  My body - my choice.

4 hours ago, newnative said:

I had 2 dosed of sinovac and no reaction at all--not even a sore arm.  I think I would have liked to have had some sort of reaction to show me something was going on, my body was doing something in response.  Leads me to think that what was introduced was pretty weak--and if I catch covid my response might be weak, too.  

I thought the same thing after my Sinovac, felt nothing which I found odd. 'No pain, no gain'' springs to mind. I decided against the AZ shot 3 weeks after and will now wait for 2 x Pzifer after reg on the expatvac malarky. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Mixing vaccines is not new . The process is called heterologous prime boost. 

The mixing of sinovac and AZ was found to be more beneficial than two AZ vaccines . 

1 minute ago, Johnny Mac said:

I thought the same thing after my Sinovac, felt nothing which I found odd. 'No pain, no gain'' springs to mind. I decided against the AZ shot 3 weeks after and will now wait for 2 x Pzifer after reg on the expatvac malarky. 

I had one sinovac and felt no reaction to the vaccine. 

Had a second vaccine of the AZ and that was something else . Had a painful arm and felt down for many days . To say the AZ is performing better as one is suffering is somewhat hard to comprehend .

Pleased that I have completed the vaccine process and thank you to the Thai health department

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

Mixing vaccines is not new . The process is called heterologous prime boost. 

The mixing of sinovac and AZ was found to be more beneficial than two AZ vaccines . 

Mixing vaccines whether its new or not is far from the point. 

Who told you mixing one shot Sinovac followed by one shot AZ was more beneficial than two AZ? Thailand has not even claimed that, they said they've yet to release a study, we'll wait for that shall we?

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Mixing vaccines whether its new or not is far from the point. 

Who told you mixing one shot Sinovac followed by one shot AZ was more beneficial than two AZ? Thailand has not even claimed that, they said they've yet to release a study, we'll wait for that shall we?

Just read that information from studies made . I  spend more time reading than typing unlike many.

Please don't wait for me . Just try and focus on reality .

10 minutes ago, itsari said:

I had one sinovac and felt no reaction to the vaccine. 

Had a second vaccine of the AZ and that was something else . Had a painful arm and felt down for many days . To say the AZ is performing better as one is suffering is somewhat hard to comprehend .

Pleased that I have completed the vaccine process and thank you to the Thai health department

Not to disparage sinovac but  a 2nd inoculations is typically worse than the 1st since the immune system has been prepped to respond more vigorously. In addition, just because a post vaccination experience is unpleasant doesn't mean it's worse. Quite the contrary. In fact, all other things being equal, it signifies that its aroused a stronger response from one's immune system.

2 minutes ago, itsari said:

Just read that information from studies made . I  spend more time reading than typing unlike many.

The only study I've seen done on this issue is the one featured in this thread. The results showed that the Sinovac AZ combination is as effective as 2 doses of the AZ vaccine. Not more effective. Any, if the results are valid, that's a very impressive result since the AZ vaccine provides very powerful protection even against the Delta variant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

What is it with you, there are no studies! Not released yet, do you understand that?

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Unlike Russia which approved Sputnik V for sale before phase 3 trials had even begun.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n743

Do you believe that jargon about phase 3 ? 

Putin made a statement that his daughter took the sputnik v vaccine with out problems .

Sputnik V was made available well before any other western vaccine . 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, itsari said:

Putin made a statement that his daughter took the sputnik v vaccine with out problems .

Your confusion is well understood 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Not to disparage sinovac but  a 2nd inoculations is typically worse than the 1st since the immune system has been prepped to respond more vigorously. In addition, just because a post vaccination experience is unpleasant doesn't mean it's worse. Quite the contrary. In fact, all other things being equal, it signifies that its aroused a stronger response from one's immune system.

My 2nd shot(moderna) was worse than the first but anyone know how would it be after a third booster from a similar vaccine? Singapore just announced a third shot for those over 60 today using the same mRNA vaccines. I guess my turn will come in two or three months. Not excited about the side effects. 

They've ordered more Sinovac.

Just after they reported there "Findings".

Ugh!

"Between now and the end of the year, six million doses of Sinovac are expected to arrive"

[Thailand News App] Thai PBS World: Combined use of AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs starts in October in Thailand
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/combined-use-of-astrazeneca-and-pfizer-jabs-starts-in-october-in-thailand/

On 9/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, snoop1130 said:

The cross formula has been injected to over 1.5 million people and it is safe.

just as all people saying that vaccines are safe ! Let's wait few years ? maybe 10 ? Until then only retarded say that those things are safe and the ones trusting them are even worst !

On 9/3/2021 at 2:04 AM, nausea said:

Are there any scientific studies validating this position? I did read about some studies on an AZ/Pfizer combo., but Pfizer is a RNA (mRNA) vaccine, so not really applicable to a Sinopharm (whole virus vaccine)/AZ (non-replicating viral vector) mix.

I very much doubt it but they will probably set up a committee to look into it

4 hours ago, toston said:

just as all people saying that vaccines are safe ! Let's wait few years ? maybe 10 ? Until then only retarded say that those things are safe and the ones trusting them are even worst !

You wont be saying that in 6 months when the one jab of Sinovac becomes completely useless against Delta. Should stick to what works against Delta. 2 AZ jabs 

On 9/3/2021 at 6:24 AM, itsari said:

What do you mean by jargon? That you don't understand what a Phase 3 trial means? You claim to be widely read on the topic of Covid vaccines.

Is Putin's claim, which is unverifiable, that his daughter took the Sputnik V vaccine your idea of science-based evidence?

If Western vaccine manufacturers had skipped Phase 3 trials too, they could have released their vaccines for sale far earlier. Why do you think that being released first somehow obviates the need for Phase 3 trials?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2