DLT reopens offices for license and tax services

snoop1130

398a9f7e3f968403966bf999cf343f59_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - Following the relaxation of lockdown measures in Bangkok and other provinces hard-hit by the pandemic, the Department of Land Transport has reopened its offices providing public services and driver’s license applications, with some of the services moved online to prevent crowding.

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) has allowed all its offices to reopen for services related to driver’s license provision and tax payments, following the relaxation of lockdown measures.

The DLT Director General Chirute Visalachitra, said today that services requiring in-person training will continue to be suspended, while all visitors to DLT officers will need to make an appointment ahead of time using the DLT Smart Queue application, in order to prevent crowding at the venues.

With the suspension of in-person training sessions, applicants for a new driver’s license and driver’s license renewals can instead take the training required online on www.dlt-elearning.com instead.

Meanwhile, other services related to license and tax payments have now fully resumed operations. Payment deadlines for tax and fees have been extended to 31st December, before which vehicle owners won’t be subject to any late payment penalties.

Taxi owners are also spared the third, fourth, or sixth month vehicle inspection of their vehicles’ tax payments until 31st December as well. However, taxi owners who wish to apply for a vehicle service life extension permit from 9 to 12 years, still need to have their vehicles inspected as required.

nnt.jpg

I need to renew my driving license.

I have taken the online training, but I am unable to register using the DLT smart queue application. It will only accept a Thai citizen ID number. Has anyone renewed recently and if so, how were you able to get a queue number?

Edited by dhind1

52 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

We just taxed our car at the vehicle test centre so no need to visit DLT

So many options for paying tax without DLT visit.

Last week had yearly car inspection and let the workshop do tax and mandatory insurance. Pick up documents next day.

I have watched the 1 hour video so that I can renew my 5 year licence.

I have downloaded the app. for my phone.

The certificate that comes with watching the video says you can upload this with the "Passport" number to the app.

BUT !! But nothing!!

The app. asks for Thai ID. or Passport number but does not accept PP no.

I have tried using the No. on my old licence, but again nothing!

Has anyone tried to get an appointment to renew their licence?

My Thai wife and her friend have also tried to do a make around using a combination of their IDs but for a foreigner trying to get his licence renewed it all seems a No No !!

Any sensible help appreciated!!

On 9/4/2021 at 10:15 AM, dhind1 said:

I need to renew my driving license.

I have taken the online training, but I am unable to register using the DLT smart queue application. It will only accept a Thai citizen ID number. Has anyone renewed recently and if so, how were you able to get a queue number?

I went to DLT near Sukhumvit 99 (across from Soi 62) today for renewal of my 5 year driver's license (auto).  For foreigners, there's a separate sign-up sheet for the physical tests - right now the dates offered from 25-31 Oct.  Once that fills up, they said they'll start scheduling for November.  They gave me a slip of paper to watch the online training video  - as below:

image.png

WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO RESIT THE BLOODY ONE HOUR VIDIO again when you have just done it did you not show them the screen shot of there acceptance of you watching it????

Has successfully the renew training

Private driving licence

On 10/09/2564

This certificate will expire in 6 months

from the training passed.

You may screenshot the certificate and save the queue number via DLT Smart Queue Application
Edited by whiteman