One dead, one injured in tragic car accident while returning from a charity event in Chonburi

webfact

tpn.jpg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen

By Goong Nang(GN)

Chonburi – One person is dead and another has sustained serious injuries after a car crashed into their motorbike in the Mueang Chonburi District. The pair were returning from getting free food at a charity event in the area.

The Samet Police was notified of the accident on Sukhumvit Road in Mueang Chonburi earlier this week.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the body of Mr. Somkit Panlawong, 67, lying on Sukhumvit Road.

Nearby, the first response teams found Mrs. Jampee Pueakpong, 59, who had sustained serious injuries and was bleeding heavily from her wounds.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/04/one-dead-one-injured-in-tragic-car-accident-while-returning-from-a-charity-event-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

Hit and run? No mention about the car and its driver.

The driver of the orange car involved in the collision, Mr. Weerachon Jantana, 46, told Mueang Chonburi police, “Two motorbikes were driving in the opposite lane. One of the motorbikes immediately veered in front of me. I was unable to avoid the collision.”

9 hours ago, bbko said:

The driver of the orange car involved in the collision, Mr. Weerachon Jantana, 46, told Mueang Chonburi police, “Two motorbikes were driving in the opposite lane. One of the motorbikes immediately veered in front of me. I was unable to avoid the collision.”

Indeed, I should have.