PM vows to spend rest of year rebuilding the Thai economy and the country

webfact

15 minutes ago, internationalism said:

if his major economic idea is to open country to tourists, there might be surprise, if they don't come in expected numbers.

The truth is, that large parts of country is still dark red zone, partial lockdowns, curfew. That is because he failed to order vaccines in 2020. So markets, many factories, large construction sites, shopping malls, leisure industry had to be shut. 

The chance is export of agricultural products because of falling baht.

Doesn't look terribly rosy.

I suspect it will struggle to limp back in it's own fashion, in the process creating a hateful and resentful population waiting for solutions that can't be solved by a steadfast class plutocratical system.

The social order will be busting through the seams before long. 

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I hope that includes the Civil Union Bill or same sex marriage. It was approved by the parliament in July 2018 and it would not take long to be a law.. Now we are almost 4 years further and still nothing.... Delaying delaying is the Thai word for everything,

Well enacting that would take moral courage, something which is not only sadly lacking, but bereft .

It could prove an economic boon when the international borders reopened, however I doubt the Sino masters would approve, given their latest moves in their homeland.

21 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

We were always told, as kids growing up, to "man up" and accept responsibility for our mistakes and learn from them.

Sounds like you didn't grow up in LOS.  Here it's "when the going gets tough, hide!"  (or in a vehicular mishap, run!)

PM vows to spend rest of year rebuilding the Thai economy and the country

In Sim City?

Edited by bendejo

13 hours ago, Almer said:

I hope his rebuild plan starts with the people not space craft 

J

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Well of course.

Goes without saying, it's always been about the people and their well being. ????????

And quite fortunate to have a PM that's so dedicated to the people.????

Im not a medical man but i think you need to take mire water with your early morning tipple555, have a nice day.