Dissident Pheu Thai MP abstains from censure vote against five ministers

Jonathan Fairfield

821D68A2-C164-4232-941F-A99D99137646.jpeg

Renegade Pheu Thai MP Sarunvuth Sarunkate, of Thailand’s northern province of Uttaradit, admitted today (Saturday) that he defied the party whip, to vote against Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, by abstaining in the vote on five other ministers this morning, following four days of censure debate.

The dissident MP, who was barred by the party from participating in the no-confidence debate, explained that he could not accept being forced to follow the party’s resolution on voting, even before the start of the censure debate on August 31st.

“I am a representative of the Thai people, not someone who can be led by the nose and follow the resolution as demanded by the party,” announced Sarunvuth in parliament before the voting.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dissident-pheu-thai-mp-abstains-from-censure-vote-against-five-ministers/

Logo-top-.png

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The dissident MP, who was barred by the party from participating in the no-confidence debate, explained that he could not accept being forced to follow the party’s resolution on voting, even before the start of the censure debate on August 31st

The fix was in from the start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jcmj said:

If the money keeps drying up he and his clowns will hopefully leave. Otherwise the Thais need to only be battered a little more and then they will have the balls to push him out. Fingers crossed ???? 

Hearing these stories about how when the president of Afghanistan was leaving the country and he had so much $$$ it took more than one SUV to transport it to his jet has got me wondering how the current status quo in LOS keeps their $$$ from being accessible to seizure.  Mr T was a smart guy, my bet would be he had it stashed far and away as soon as he got hold of it.  I wouldn't expect this lot to be as savvy: if anything, they'd probably get some expert to handle that stuff.  Uh-oh.  How many stories of wealthy celebs/VIP-types etc have ended up penniless due to thieving accountants, investment managers etc (rhetorical question).

10 hours ago, jcmj said:

If the money keeps drying up he and his clowns will hopefully leave. Otherwise the Thais need to only be battered a little more and then they will have the balls to push him out. Fingers crossed ???? 

Ok. Push 'em out.......and then what?