How much is a new key card at your condo?

ronjomtien

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

don't talk garbage, these things cost around 10 baht, so 500 baht is just too much, it's not as if people are trying to lose their fob

That is your opinion not mine. There is a security issue and if there is a bigger fine price then people are more likely to be careful. 

But again I had not expected much different from a guy that loves  playing Russian roulette with by going unprotected with hookers. You have a totally different view  about risks then mine and your entitled to it. Agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Don't know if your hotelroom keycard ever didn't work and you had to walk to reception to get another one , but the activity you are talking about to change the card is actually just a few buttons on the keyboard of a computer and then swiping the new keycard on a cardreader so if most money goes that way they sure charge a lot for nothing . It's not like they have to change all the locks everywhere . 

Not quite the same thing. Hotels have centralised systems where card is really only used for the door and maybe the lift. Our condo has seprate systems, and cards need to be registered to all of them. When I bought this place I got 3 cards but actually only 1 was registered to open front gate or lifts/doors to common areas and parking building. Took them 20-30 minutes to register the other 2. When losing one, they need to find what your number was and remove it from system. I would not want someone who just found the card to be walking around the condo and get all doors open for him. The neighbouring condo actually requires police report before replacing card. That, and 500 baht.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is your opinion not mine. There is a security issue and if there is a bigger fine price then people are more likely to be careful. 

But again I had not expected much different from a guy that loves  playing Russian roulette with by going unprotected with hookers. You have a totally different view  about risks then mine and your entitled to it. Agree to disagree. 

I have a few customers looking for suppliers of cards. Can I get @scubascuba3 to provide me 5000 cards of HID iClass SEOS 8K cards with sequential numbers in range starting with 30xxxx, double sided 5 colour printed and laminated with my custom graphics, including delivery, for 10 baht each? Lowest I can find is about 250 baht. So please let me know when you can deliver. Does 10 baht include VAT?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, robblok said:

Rubbish, people can accidentally just lose one, different if they did it regularly, charging a higher price makes no difference, it's just the juristic trying to earn money for the office which is daft, when often they waste money elsewhere.

You are always banging on about sex workers, presumably your girlfriend is your age and no big age gap?

12 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I have a few customers looking for suppliers of cards. Can I get @scubascuba3 to provide me 5000 cards of HID iClass SEOS 8K cards with sequential numbers in range starting with 30xxxx, double sided 5 colour printed and laminated with my custom graphics, including delivery, for 10 baht each? Lowest I can find is about 250 baht. So please let me know when you can deliver. Does 10 baht include VAT?

look on lazada, people selling fobs which are fine for my condo barrier and entry door, around 10 baht

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rubbish, people can accidentally just lose one, different if they did it regularly, charging a higher price makes no difference, it's just the juristic trying to earn money for the office which is daft, when often they waste money elsewhere.

You are always banging on about sex workers, presumably your girlfriend is your age and no big age gap?

Sure mat lets agree to disagree. And I never bring up banging sex workers that is your favorite topic. I just read and remember it and how you are so proud you do it without condom and use prep ect ect. Just shows that we view risk in a different way.  Obviously you and I are different in how we see risk. This was not about you banging sex workers something I did when i first came here but found boring quite fast. So no lecture from me about that, my point was more about the unprotected part as that shows how you view risks.

I don't see it as a money making scheme, i see it as an insurance to make people more careful. If someone finds it before its invalidated then they can get into the condo maybe even find the room. Its obvious that they don't want people entering the building who should not be there. Missing keycards could cause that.

Higher price or trouble makes a difference, just look at how careful people are with their passport compared to other stuff. Why because its expensive and a great hassle to replace. So cost and hassle do put a barrier. This guy is so upset about it that he probably will be more careful next time.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sure mat lets agree to disagree. And I never bring up banging sex workers that is your favorite topic. I just read and remember it and how you are so proud you do it without condom and use prep ect ect. Just shows that we view risk in a different way.  Obviously you and I are different in how we see risk. This was not about you banging sex workers something I did when i first came here but found boring quite fast. So no lecture from me about that, my point was more about the unprotected part as that shows how you view risks.

Thing is you do lecture and keep banging on about it, but makes me laugh as I'm sure your girlfriend is just playing the long game so no different to the girls charging daily, stop trying to be the white knight, it doesn't work

Mine was 300 or 200, can't remember. But I was able to buy a card copier with 5 blank fobs and 5 blank cards for less than the price of a new one from the condo from Lazada.
Note they won't work with all cards, they work for my condo and office card, but don't work with my gf's condo card.

6 hours ago, dginoob said:

Mine was 300 or 200, can't remember. But I was able to buy a card copier with 5 blank fobs and 5 blank cards for less than the price of a new one from the condo from Lazada.
Note they won't work with all cards, they work for my condo and office card, but don't work with my gf's condo card.

they are about 1,000 baht on Lazada with 10 blanks, then elsewhere on Lazada can buy fobs 10 baht, depends on the frequency

13 hours ago, rwill said:

Think of it as a penalty for losing your card.  Some hotels want a 1,000 baht deposit for the key card.

Like the old deposit box keys... but obviously there was a locksmith to pay  if you lost that.

In my experience many hotels are less concerned about getting the keycards back... they will no longer work when you check out, and a returned one will be re-programmed for the next guest. As stated the cost of the cards is not high.. I would have more confidence of the condo security if that was how it was done. (An old one gets cancelled). What you are charged and what the bit of plastic costs will have little correlation.... this is Thailand, where they are quick to put a mark-up or commission on things. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

they are about 1,000 baht on Lazada with 10 blanks, then elsewhere on Lazada can buy fobs 10 baht, depends on the frequency

I don't remember the exact price I paid as it was a few years ago, but it was much less than 1,000. Around 300 I think.

15 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Not quite the same thing. Hotels have centralised systems where card is really only used for the door and maybe the lift. Our condo has seprate systems, and cards need to be registered to all of them. When I bought this place I got 3 cards but actually only 1 was registered to open front gate or lifts/doors to common areas and parking building. Took them 20-30 minutes to register the other 2. When losing one, they need to find what your number was and remove it from system. I would not want someone who just found the card to be walking around the condo and get all doors open for him. The neighbouring condo actually requires police report before replacing card. That, and 500 baht.

I understand what you are saying that 1 card can do more then another but all those changes you are talking about are all in the same system when they are being changed or do you think they use a whole other surfer and computer system just for lost keycards ?? Those keycard numbers or whatever you want to call them when they need to find your lost keycards id are in the same system as where they will make you a new one . 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:38 AM, newnative said:

Time to move to a fan room if you're whining about 500 baht--which seems about right for a lost key card.

If it only takes about ten mins on a computer to give you a replacement keycard, then 500Bt is taking the p!ss.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thing is you do lecture and keep banging on about it, but makes me laugh as I'm sure your girlfriend is just playing the long game so no different to the girls charging daily, stop trying to be the white knight, it doesn't work

GF is playing the long game your laughable. My GF from Singapore makes more money then me and her company pays the rent for this 80k a month house we live in. Sorry to pop your bubble we just live in different worlds. You think all asians are out for money. I don't have that experience but you just hang out in different circles then me and make different choices. 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

If it only takes about ten mins on a computer to give you a replacement keycard, then 500Bt is taking the p!ss.

Its not only about the cost, its about making people more careful. It happens everywhere with lost cards as it is a security risk. If you make it too cheap people get careless. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

FREE for me to come through the two security gates !!!

i own my condos and have my own key for them........

yes i own mine but the key card to enter the lift i have to pay for. many in our units just used to go to the bottom of the soi watch repair guy 80 baht for a copy card for when you have friends or family visiting not easy with 1 card ..office 300 if you want one to give out ..now they have caught on and anyone  with a copy card is fined  Greed