Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

On 9/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, OishiRefill said:

If foreigners are the ones (through no fault of their own) who are lagging behind the Bangkok Thais in terms of being double-vaxxed, then the brunt of the force of this 'three pronged' strategy is going to be felt by the restaurants that predominantly cater to foreigners, perhaps.

Soi 4 being just one example of many.

So maybe the gov't have a secret 'round table' plan to rid the city of the heritage western pub/bar culture.

Run them out of business and then develop more SEAsian types of establishments.

Ushering in a new era.

All that will be left is memories.

More Chinese restaurants 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Yeah!  If you catch the VID Mr. Anti Vaxxer,  youll probably  be one of the 99% at a hospital dying from it wishing you had taken the simple vaccine.  99% of the people in hospitals dying from COVID are the ones not vaccinated  or who refuse to get vaccinated.   It's silly... you have a life preserver to keep you from drowning, but you refuse to take hold becuse you feel its not your choice.  The virus can only mutate  when it enters a non vaccinated person.   So any person not wanting the vaccine is endangering  the grater good.    You have to break an egg to to make an omelet.  Anti vaxxers are the egg and need to be do whats right for the greater good, vs their feeling hurt

The life preserver is a choice you choose to grab it you might live you choose not to grab it you might drown 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, Greenwich Boy said:

I went with a couple of mates who were collecting their 'vaccine passports' here in Chiang Mai. I asked if I could get one having been double jabbed in the UK. Got a polite No.

That means each expat who got vaxxed in his home country can't get the pass and has to be tested if he wants to have a meal somewhere?

That surley will improve tourism. Are they f*ing crazy?

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

I imagine (and hope) the "Deep Red" zone classification may be amended at the end of this month.

I certainly don't see any desperate restaurants, coffee shops and the like turning away punters because of their vax status, here.

And it's not their job to be checking people's documentation either, tbh.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That means each expat who got vaxxed in his home country can't get the pass and has to be tested if he wants to have a meal somewhere?

That surley will improve tourism. Are they f*ing crazy?

Agreed. I have my NHS records on line that shows both jabs. Probably as much use as a chocolate teapot here.

On 9/6/2021 at 4:34 PM, monty1412 said:

Encore une fois une autre application pour rendre la vie facile... Je donne cette application 24 heures avant qu'elle ne se bloque... sans aucun doute avec la vision voyante que les autorités l'ont uniquement en thaï et nécessitent une pièce d'identité thaïlandaise ou quelque chose comme ça. ....

Sorry if you have a 13 Digit ID card assigned to Foreigners (Group 6 color Pink so you can register)
It is still surprising that people who have lived in this country for years speak a lot, criticize a lot but are careful not to be interested in the organization of the Thai administration which is huge and much more sophisticated.
Language problem computers are now able to correctly translate Thai and vice versa

There is also another chanel reserved for foreigners it seems that few people know of its existence as what

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ ????????

Vaccination of foreigners in Thailand via the EXPATVAC system
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the Directorate of Consular Affairs It is open to foreigners residing in Thailand. All age groups and all provinces Register for vaccinations at consular.go.th As of August 1, 2021, there were 61,004 foreigners registered for vaccination (as of September 8, 2021), divided into 48,152 people under 60 and people 60 and over. 852 people, including 291 pregnant women and 4,305 people with 7 congenital diseases, 4,305 people. Between August 9 and August 26, 2021, 10,021 foreigners were vaccinated with Pfizer. NS
Overall, between February 28 and August 26, 2021, a total of 436,455 foreigners were vaccinated, which represents about 8.91% of foreigners in Thailand.
Latest vaccination status for foreign residents in Thailand
Since the Ministry of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched an expatvac.consular.go.th website for foreign residents of all age groups nationwide to register for the COVID- vaccination 19 As of August 1, 2021, the cumulative number of registered foreign residents (as of September 8, 2021) is 61,004 people - of which 48,152 are under 60 and 12,852 are 60 and over. Of these, 291 are pregnant and 4,305 belong to groups of 7 diseases. With the same conditions for Thai nationals, vaccination of foreign residents of older age groups is given priority while people of younger age groups will soon be vaccinated. And from August 9 to 26, 2021, 10,021 doses of Pfizer were inoculated to foreign nationals in Thailand.
In a snapshot, from February 28 to August 26, 2021, the cumulative number of foreign nationals who have been vaccinated is 436,455, or about 8.91% of all foreign nationals residing in Thailand. The government will speed up the vaccination of Thai nationals and foreigners in Thailand.

Edited by DULEROY
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DULEROY said:

Sorry if you have a 13 Digit ID card assigned to Foreigners (Group 6 color Pink so you can register)
It is still surprising that people who have lived in this country for years speak a lot, criticize a lot but are careful not to be interested in the organization of the Thai administration which is huge and much more sophisticated.
Language problem computers are now able to correctly translate Thai and vice versa

There is also another chanel reserved for foreigners it seems that few people know of its existence as what

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ ????????

Vaccination of foreigners in Thailand via the EXPATVAC system
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the Directorate of Consular Affairs It is open to foreigners residing in Thailand. All age groups and all provinces Register for vaccinations at consular.go.th As of August 1, 2021, there were 61,004 foreigners registered for vaccination (as of September 8, 2021), divided into 48,152 people under 60 and people 60 and over. 852 people, including 291 pregnant women and 4,305 people with 7 congenital diseases, 4,305 people. Between August 9 and August 26, 2021, 10,021 foreigners were vaccinated with Pfizer. NS
Overall, between February 28 and August 26, 2021, a total of 436,455 foreigners were vaccinated, which represents about 8.91% of foreigners in Thailand.
Latest vaccination status for foreign residents in Thailand
Since the Ministry of Consular Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched an expatvac.consular.go.th website for foreign residents of all age groups nationwide to register for the COVID- vaccination 19 As of August 1, 2021, the cumulative number of registered foreign residents (as of September 8, 2021) is 61,004 people - of which 48,152 are under 60 and 12,852 are 60 and over. Of these, 291 are pregnant and 4,305 belong to groups of 7 diseases. With the same conditions for Thai nationals, vaccination of foreign residents of older age groups is given priority while people of younger age groups will soon be vaccinated. And from August 9 to 26, 2021, 10,021 doses of Pfizer were inoculated to foreign nationals in Thailand.
In a snapshot, from February 28 to August 26, 2021, the cumulative number of foreign nationals who have been vaccinated is 436,455, or about 8.91% of all foreign nationals residing in Thailand. The government will speed up the vaccination of Thai nationals and foreigners in Thailand.

I registered on 4 August still have not received an appointment and I live in one of the dark red provinces 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

Agreed. I have my NHS records on line that shows both jabs. Probably as much use as a chocolate teapot here.

Crazy situation and nations will have to get their acts together. Currently for example Pfizer received in one country is not acceptable to several others for entry and the reverse is the case, how stupid that is.  About time that was sorted out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Your age and which province and area seems to have an impact.

I'm not sure I'm 64 and live in prachinburi I've tried asking at the hospital I go to but they don't know anything. Yesterday I think the new cases was around 300 

Edited by Mike k