Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

Just now, Speedo1968 said:

Just had my second vaccination in Khon Kaen, first was Sino then 3 weeks later i.e. today had Astra, all free of charge in a very well organised and helpful do at Central Khon Kaen.
Documentation to prove vaccination.

Same here couple of weeks ago.....so ill after the AZ!

Hoping that was a good thing.

We recently visited NYC, which has similar rules in place re having to be vaccinated to enter a restaurant.  However, the difference is that NYC has plenty of doses available, and they are specifically using this rule to incentivize people to get the jab.  We arrived unvaccinated and wanted to go to a particular restaurant that was enforcing the rule.  We went to the local govt vax site and got sorted out within an hour.  Note that NYC only requires proof of the first jab to enter restaurants (and gyms, etc); you don’t have to be ‘fully’ vaccinated.  

Realities of the system from our personal experience:  1) enforcement levels (actually checking vaccination cards) can vary from place to place;  2) the rule does not apply to outdoor dining, so you can still go to places that serve outdoors if you are unvaccinated;  3) some of the restaurants that we went to were using the rule as a marketing tool….we want our employees and customers to know that we are doing what we can to keep them safe(r); 4) the managers we spoke with thought the rule was much better than the alternative of potentially facing another period of shutdowns.

• Like 1

This is old news even if it wasn't the good Dr. has zero power to push it through prior to the Sept 1st it was brought up and shot down quickly even his peers know it isn't going to work they can't even enforce the curfew. Maybe he is trying to get attention or a promotion who knows with these guys obviously he hasn't gotten the earlier memo.

????  Dr. go back to signing those fake death certificates!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonray said:

I applaud your bravery just for ordering Carbonara in Thailand...most cooks in the West can't get it done right 

Had the most terrible food poisoning from this dish on Phuket. Avoid at all costs sauce that is made in advance and kept ( or not) in the fridge at correct cooling levels. I have never eaten something similar since. Stick to fresh stir fry.  Another time,  mild food poisoning in Pattaya at a very nice Japanese restaurant. I could see the sliced chicken piled up on the counter and realized what had happened a few hours later. The hygiene is severely lacking in most places , the thing that horrifies me most is the serve yourself sushi ( if you can call it sushi). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2long said:

MADNESS prevails! AGAIN! ????????

So, they have a whole month of freedom, with fewer vaccinated people, and promise the restaurants of 'no going back.' Then they introduce this crazy idea that most families won't be able to eat together as kids or one member hasn't had the second jab yet.

At least these Muppets have 24 days to flipflop again!

Remember: these doctors and so called experts have never been in the limelight so much, They are loving the attention and are just looking for excuses to extend their 15 mins of fame. They are loving this pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, brucec64 said:

I know this doesn't make sense at the current vaccination levels, but once thailand hits 70+% it will, and the large companies will buy into this if it allows for continuity of business and no more lockdowns.

Other countries implementing this have a very high acceptance rate, and also a very vocal minority who won't accept this, but are just going to have to.

CPALL CENTRAL are not going to want to have to limit the people or go through the process of saying yes you can come in no you can't.  

They want people in their stores so that tenants can start paying rent.

8 hours ago, James105 said:

Crikey, the government must really hate restaurants and restaurant owners/staff here to want them to fail so much.    What's the betting they still don't allow alcohol with a meal even after the all the hoops the restaurant/customer has to jump through after this.    

Restaurants and pubs are bad. They provide seating for people and people are bad too.

Without the alcohol it is tolerable and possibly gives less reason for conspiracy gatherings.

Of course the vaccinated are good people as they have shown their allegiance to the NWO.

True or not, Thailand has fallen to THE global regime.  ????

Edited by hugocnx
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

As far as I can see, me and the wife are the only people who seem to fill the form in on entry AND check our temp AND take a squirt of gel.

Most Thais seem to do none or maybe one of the three, but never all three,

In Bangkok I don't think anybody is doing it!  A couple of times I've checked my temperature and got a 'high' reading but was just ignored, so I just went in.  I've not seen anyone scan the QR code or write down their telephone number for months.

• Like 2

Are the self made what can buy from Pharmacy covid test allowed and trusted in Thailand or they only allow hospital's made test and ATK printed negative test result? 

Last I get result after 2-3 hours's waiting the covid antigen test (I get tested in last May 3000Baht in Bkk-Pattaya hospital) is was valid for international flight 48 hours from testing moment so is this test now from October 1, valid 7 days in Thailand?

If wanna go mall, restaurants etc places in Thailand without 2 jabs must pay test expenses weekly 3000 baht?

Yearly covid tests is 52 week x 3000Baht=156000Baht yearly. 

<deleted>, these people are the biggest flip flops in the world.

Currently only 12% of the population fully vaccinated and lets say they can hit 20% by Oct 1. ( Yes, I know it's a big stretch goal for these loonies here) 

That means 80% of the population at Oct 1 can not eat-in at restaurants and access all the other services they quoted. 

WTH!

6 hours ago, bolt said:

This is the future

Many countries are now trying to come up with a way of protecting staff, where that be hospitals, restaurants, concerts or sporting events.

Where we are we must show an QR code to enter the mall, so this sort of thing is coming worldwide.

Paying for something electronic is unfortunately the way forward,

like it or lump people, complain about it, but get on with it.

China of about 1.5 billion people is basically cashless. Alipay etc everywhere,  face recognition etc.

Nobody pays with cash. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

You'll have to show your vaccine status - two jabs - as well. If you've had Covid within the last one to three months you'll need to show proof of that to enter.

The three protocols will be: Covid Free Environment, Covid Free Personnel and Covid Free Customer.

Other countries seems to accept that Covid will be a part of life, just like influenza.

Vaccinated people are still said to be able to spread the virus, but will not get (very) sick.

In my modest opinion I think this will be a step back for restaurant business - more than alcohol serving  is not allowed - instead of a step forward, but that only time will show...????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

in a country were only 10% of the population are properly vaxed

just more astounding stupidity

And for Expats that don't live in Bangkok, Pattaya or some of the larger cities it's almost impossible to get. I've registered and got approved the first of August and still haven't heard anything 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dadadede said:

a bit OT , but locally produced AZ is recognized in some European countries (FR,DE) and in the process to be recognized by EMA and WHO (source - AZ website and FR/DE embassy).

But U.K. does not recognise Sinovac so complete waste of time for U.K. nationals wanting to return with quarantine 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Customers will have to fill in a form on the "Thai Save Thai" app just to get a bite to eat.

Before eating? Don't you mean before operating a motor vehicle? Clown World.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

Restaurants and pubs are bad. They provide seating for people and people are bad too.

Without the alcohol it is tolerable and possibly gives less reason for conspiracy gatherings.

Of course the vaccinated are good people as they have shown their allegiance to the NWO.

True or not, Thailand has fallen to THE global regime.  ????

So where exactly is the headquarters for this global regime? A volcanic island somewhere?

• Haha 1