Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

42 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

How long before the big money people that own the malls start screaming and this changes.

I know this doesn't make sense at the current vaccination levels, but once thailand hits 70+% it will, and the large companies will buy into this if it allows for continuity of business and no more lockdowns.

Other countries implementing this have a very high acceptance rate, and also a very vocal minority who won't accept this, but are just going to have to.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

can I get some idea why expats retire to Thailand, even remaining during covid, in dirty congested dangerous cities, still tourist areas,  when idyllic rural / island life with great weather, housing & full services available ?

I loved bangkok / pattaya pre- covid but only for 3-6 days for Sukh. Road Nightlife, Walking Street & Old Culture.

but seriously, apart from those temporary attractions, just specifically WHY ?

no “rip off” bs either please……or “I didnt like Phuket (prefer Pattaya)”irrational  nonsense.

Horses for courses: some people live and breath (choke) city life, some loathe it and love the countryside/seaside.

Very hard to convince each of the others preferences, just accept it.

• Like 1

This is Absurdistan at its best/worst. So, one can dine in at a restaurant with no proof of vaccine until  October 1st: what about the next 3 weeks- no risk of getting infected? What about those who were vaccinated with one jab J&J vaccine ( like me, courtesy of the French Embassy?).

what clown is running this show?

• Like 2

im just happy im living in a country that soon reach 90% of population vaccinated.We also start vaccinate age 12-15 years old.Here in norway only phizer and moderna ids appoved.We get alot of doses of AZ but they gave it away to other countries.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Already happening in Israel. The vaccinated people got a 'green passport' (whatever that is) to enter restaurants, etc., but have been told that it will expire 6 months after their second jab...

Oh you mean the place that just had record number of Covid cases. Despite vaccination. Okay.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/israel-registers-record-daily-coronavirus-cases

Looks like this will be another winner by on-the-ball government experts. Thank God the experts are in charge, all their plans are so effective.

4 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Oh you mean the place that just had record number of Covid cases. Despite vaccination. Okay.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/31/israel-registers-record-daily-coronavirus-cases

Looks like this will be another winner by on-the-ball government experts. Thank God the experts are in charge, all their plans are so effective.

Yes, it's an interesting case isn't it. They used the pfizer vaccine exclusively and I've read comments in Israeli newspapers and on facebook where they complain that they can't get the AZ vaccine instead of Pfizer which many people seem to consider something of a failure.

There's also been talk of planning for a fourth shot once the third shot expires.....I would hope the vaccines can be 'updated' before then.

• Like 1

This makes zero sense at all! Restaurants will have already been open for a month.

this government is controlling the the vaccination and handling that terribly unless you live in Bkk or Phuket 

Then they have the cheek to penalize people who have tried to get vaccinated but have been unable to do so

can see a few law suits suing the government for discrimination 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The three protocols will be: Covid Free Environment, Covid Free Personnel and Covid Free Customer.

Well done boys. 

Must have had somebody in the group with a 2 digit IQ and able to come up with a Slogan. 

Reminds me somehow of the idea to attract tourists with Thai prisons.

6 hours ago, poskat said:

So without any real data that indicates that the current policy has not worked, they just switch to another one.

this just switches businesses from being shut to shutting out most people from going to them

this is the worst choice they could have made for businesses.

they will have to pay all the costs associated with being open with a very limited portion of the population allowed to go to them.

This was exact same announcement 2 weeks ago, and the next day the PM changed it, 

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Yes, it's an interesting case isn't it. They used the pfizer vaccine exclusively and I've read comments in Israeli newspapers and on facebook where they complain that they can't get the AZ vaccine instead of Pfizer which many people seem to consider something of a failure.

There's also been talk of planning for a fourth shot once the third shot expires.....I would hope the vaccines can be 'updated' before then.

It certainly is. The first country to be vaccinated 78% plus, with the all singing all dancing Pfizer vaccination and now they have record number of cases. It's starting to look like with the flu vaccinations, where a simple vaccination did not protect you from the many, many other flu strains.

That looks to be the issue in Israel, the tricky Delta variant, which indeed studies have shown only 49% of vaccinated are protected against.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/04/fully-vaccinated-half-as-likely-to-catch-delta-covid-variant-and-less-likely-to-infect-others-study-finds/?sh=39c7ff0f281c

However, as new strains start to circulate, presumably real effectiveness is much lower still, like with the flu shot.

No doubt they will keep working on new vaccines to catch all the new strains, but as with the flu we have seen that is a game of catchup where the experts are always a step behind.

Better than nothing I guess, but overall, the pandemic will do whatever it likes and will disappear after the fourth wave, like it did in 1918. The varioius strains will probably be around for decades, like with the flu. Vaccination or no vaccination. See Israel.

This is like asking proof of 1 million euro's in a room full of poor people . How can they ask something like that if such a small percantage of people has been vaccinated . As i said before i feel that a high placed person is the one owning all the tests and this is another way to sell all of them(for a fair bit of profit ofcourse).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There's even talk of the possible need for 2-3 shots every year, i.e. about every 6 months.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

If you've had Covid within the last one to three months you'll need to show proof of that to enter.

If you’ve recovered from Covid and still have not been vaccinated, are you still considered Covid free customers!?
But, anyways, let's see how this will all play out.

I believe in the near future it’s actually going to be a negative to have been vaccinated, as opposed to being infected and letting your natural defenses take care of it. There’s research on this suggesting non vaxxers prove to be much better off. Name of paper if you want to read it 

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

This is like asking proof of 1 million euro's in a room full of poor people . How can they ask something like that if such a small percantage of people has been vaccinated . As i said before i feel that a high placed person is the one owning all the tests and this is another way to sell all of them(for a fair bit of profit ofcourse).

Waiter,

the bill, please.

You had one ATK plus one pad thai.

makes a total of 330 baht please.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Customers will have to fill in a form on the "Thai Save Thai" app just to get a bite to eat.

It used to be ' Thai ruk Thai ' , 'Thai love Thai' Still Amazing Th...???????????? Is there still anything or anyone to be saved except for Pr. Ryan?????