Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

Give the guy a break. He's just trying to justify his salary and brown envelope donations. Just because he's stupid doesn't mean he's a good person. I guess restaurants will just look the other way since they have to try and make up for the losses this guy has put on them. Or people under 50 who aren't pregnant and can't get the nonexistent vaccines are just going to eat on the go. Just another typical day in the land of stupid.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just tattoo the info on your forehead as well as a QR code they can scan as they take your temperature......starting to believe they truly do not want folks to move about yet, or maybe they do and they are scared.  How are the restaurants and the other locales supposed to verify the info you provide, unless that is what this new wonder app is for.  Of course, how long will it last.  Walked into the mall yesterday and the people ahead were just walking in without scanning the QR code and the security folks did not even make a peep, very few signing the papers on the table either.

I am starting to believe they have not one single positive idea between them all.

Completely out of their depth, but instead of looking at others who are trying to deal with the situation, they make up stupid rules and Laws such as this to make themselves look important.

7 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Wow, je suis maintenant un citoyen de second ordre car je n'ai pas pu me faire vacciner correctement. Maintenant, nous sommes confrontés à un choix difficile: respecter les normes locales et ne pas pouvoir voyager à l'étranger (par exemple Sinovac et AZ produit localement), ou attendre un peu Pfizer ou Moderna et ne pas être autorisé à aller dans des restos (et probablement des transports intérieurs) en Thaïlande .

And soon by road inter-Province  ????

1 hour ago, Anant72 said:

This is Absurdistan at its best/worst. So, one can dine in at a restaurant with no proof of vaccine until  October 1st: what about the next 3 weeks- no risk of getting infected? What about those who were vaccinated with one jab J&J vaccine ( like me, courtesy of the French Embassy?).

what clown is running this show?

Didn't you get a Vaccination Cert????

• Like 1

This news has to be linked to another news (probably more important) :

"The prime minister has called a meeting for 10th September to discuss the cancelling of the emergency decree and to use the Communicable Disease Act instead. In addition, the CCSA would be dissolved and their work handed over to the Ministry of Public Health"

Source : Thai News Report

AKA... the end ? No more emergency decree ? The end of the Covid circus ? Or a penultimate thai fip-flop "face saving" / "rebranding" operation ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

This news has to be linked to another news (probably more important) :

"The prime minister has called a meeting for 10th September to discuss the cancelling of the emergency decree and to use the Communicable Disease Act instead. In addition, the CCSA would be dissolved and their work handed over to the Ministry of Public Health"

Source : Thai News Report

AKA... the end ? No more emergency decree ? The end of the Covid circus ? Or a penultimate thai fip-flop "face saving" / "rebranding" operation ?

All hail the new Czar "Anutin"

7 hours ago, actonion said:

Not only the customers  need  to be checked the Restaurants need checking too... we went to an Italian Restaurant last Saturday evening, i ordered Spagetti Carbonara, when it reached the table the smell was so bad,  something  had gone  off, the  cook came to the table saying its not off, i invited her to smell it ..  she refused saying no need to smell i know its not off.. but refused to discount the bill

Italian restaurants in Thailand are usually a bad idea unless it's run by an Italian. I never complain about food in any restaurant as this makes them angry and they can spit on it before returning to you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anant72 said:

This is Absurdistan at its best/worst. So, one can dine in at a restaurant with no proof of vaccine until  October 1st: what about the next 3 weeks- no risk of getting infected? What about those who were vaccinated with one jab J&J vaccine ( like me, courtesy of the French Embassy?).

what clown is running this show?

They gave you a Vaccination Certificate... Confirmed...

5 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Italian restaurants in Thailand are usually a bad idea unless it's run by an Italian. I never complain about food in any restaurant as this makes them angry and they can spit on it before returning to you. 

That mayo in the salad wasn't spit.. :whistling:

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just tattoo the info on your forehead as well as a QR code they can scan as they take your temperature......starting to believe they truly do not want folks to move about yet, or maybe they do and they are scared.  How are the restaurants and the other locales supposed to verify the info you provide, unless that is what this new wonder app is for.  Of course, how long will it last.  Walked into the mall yesterday and the people ahead were just walking in without scanning the QR code and the security folks did not even make a peep, very few signing the papers on the table either.

How many masks did you witness?

I've played by the rules and my applicacation for the farang vaccination program was accepted two weeks ago. As yet I've had no appointment details emailed to me. It could be a long wait if or when I'm permitted to go to a restaurant in Pattaya. I'm 76 yo so I thought maybe I would be given some priority, maybe that was wishful thinking on my part. Stay safe all. 

So 3 weeks to vaccs all staff of every restaurant 

All in 3 week time 

The elderly get screwed again.

Focusing on restaurant staff A new project like Phuket sand box

i am screwed too 

My family and I registered and payed for Moderna. 

They have forgotten about that.

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Double vaccinated?  With what vaccines, LOL!  Where are they?  

Just had my second vaccination in Khon Kaen, first was Sino then 3 weeks later i.e. today had Astra, all free of charge in a very well organised and helpful do at Central Khon Kaen.
Documentation to prove vaccination.

• Like 1