Customers will need to be double vaxxed or have negative ATK result from October to use restaurants

webfact

On 9/6/2021 at 9:13 AM, actonion said:

Not only the customers  need  to be checked the Restaurants need checking too... we went to an Italian Restaurant last Saturday evening, i ordered Spagetti Carbonara, when it reached the table the smell was so bad,  something  had gone  off, the  cook came to the table saying its not off, i invited her to smell it ..  she refused saying no need to smell i know its not off.. but refused to discount the bill

I hope you did not pay it. I would have just walked out.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

The restaurants have been given the unenviable requirement to enforce these regulations. You have been given no authority whatsoever, just assumed it. Take your attitude elsewhere. 

Hey fair is fair, I would not feel safe eating at a restaurant unless I saw the manager the cooks the waitresses the hostess and the cleaners vax papers......And I also would want to see the papers on their air cleaner to  make sure everything is on the up and up...... You cant be to safe these days....I am just a real stickler for details.....

Or they can just let me sit down and eat, then I wont give a rats azz about any of this... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Italian restaurants in Thailand are usually a bad idea unless it's run by an Italian. I never complain about food in any restaurant as this makes them angry and they can spit on it before returning to you. 

Which one? Give us a clue if not the name.

I am so confused. 13% of the population are eligible to eat outside their home if they have double vaccinations. What about J&J vaccinated folks? They are ineligible. What about double jabbed CPvac? Aren't the military gov't giving a 3rd jab to some cos of it's ineffectiveness? Surely those can never be allowed into a restaurant. How many does this leave? 5%?

Edited by bang saen guy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Seeall said:

heard NOR got hit hard with cases....

Yes thats true..anyway its among the wery young ones.WE staty vaccine age 12-15 now.The goverment doesnt worry because the people who stay in hospital is low.This new cases is from the students because unyercityes open agan and this student party alot.

24 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Hey fair is fair, I would not feel safe eating at a restaurant unless I saw the manager the cooks the waitresses the hostess and the cleaners vax papers......And I also would want to see the papers on their air cleaner to  make sure everything is on the up and up...... You cant be to safe these days....I am just a real stickler for details.....

Or they can just let me sit down and eat, then I wont give a rats azz about any of this... 

They can put a placard on the wall somewhere showing they comply....remember, like the 'Clean Food Good Taste'  signs. they all got.....you can put a 'vaccinated' badge on. Anyhow, get real, we both know it isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, James105 said:

Crikey, the government must really hate restaurants and restaurant owners/staff here to want them to fail so much.    What's the betting they still don't allow alcohol with a meal even after the all the hoops the restaurant/customer has to jump through after this.    

If foreigners are the ones (through no fault of their own) who are lagging behind the Bangkok Thais in terms of being double-vaxxed, then the brunt of the force of this 'three pronged' strategy is going to be felt by the restaurants that predominantly cater to foreigners, perhaps.

Soi 4 being just one example of many.

So maybe the gov't have a secret 'round table' plan to rid the city of the heritage western pub/bar culture.

Run them out of business and then develop more SEAsian types of establishments.

Ushering in a new era.

All that will be left is memories.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:13 AM, actonion said:

Not only the customers  need  to be checked the Restaurants need checking too... we went to an Italian Restaurant last Saturday evening, i ordered Spagetti Carbonara, when it reached the table the smell was so bad,  something  had gone  off, the  cook came to the table saying its not off, i invited her to smell it ..  she refused saying no need to smell i know its not off.. but refused to discount the bill

BOYCOTT  that resto. but be careful .... they can sue you and put you in jail for " false accusation & defamation "  ....

Edited by kg1947
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, thetravelbee said:

What proof of vaccination can be used for those vaccinated abroad? I have a vaccination certificate from france as well as the EU vacation certificate. Are those of any ise in Th?

I went with a couple of mates who were collecting their 'vaccine passports' here in Chiang Mai. I asked if I could get one having been double jabbed in the UK. Got a polite No.

Does anyone else think this is crazy?  I mean here we are, Sept 01, 2021 the restaurants, barbershops, and other facilities  have opened  and are not required any special proof to enter and use facilities, so what this means is that for 30 days(All of Sept) anyone regardless  of Covid history,  Vaccinated,  or antigen test can enter and use these facilities,  but as of Oct 01, test, and proof are required!  Is this silly and ludicrous on another level?  So all month long people may be exposed prior to 01 Oct, but Come 01 Oct these news requirements will wipe away any exposure from Sept, and will make it safe.  How does any one with a brain think that starting requirements a month after already being open will make a difference.   How do the decision makers not know they are being laughed at by the world.  I mean lets analogous this.  Lets say we have a Dam and the dam holds back contaminated water.  But the powers that be decide to open the gates on 01 Sept, and let it run for a month.  Thats a lot of contaminants pouring through the gates.  But then on 01 Oct the powers that be decide  to restrict the contaminated  water, and let only clean water enter the reservoir,  and mix with the contaminated water thats already poured in all month.  Now once again you have contaminated  water on both sides.  You cant go backwards.  To implement  restrictions a month after opening and contamination continues,  is just... whats the word I'm looking for... omg.. really.  Where's the real scientist  and educated leaders?  Can you imagine  what other countries and world leaders must be thinking watching this comedy  unfold?  I will be surprised if shows like SNL don't make fun of this brain child.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

But you'll eat at these facilities  during the month of Sept when there is no requirement?

8 hours ago, rocky123 said:

I will starve before taking their jab. OUR freedom is eroding piece by piece each day. Why are so many so compliant with this genocide, thats hidden in plain sight ? ENOUGH !!

Yeah!  If you catch the VID Mr. Anti Vaxxer,  youll probably  be one of the 99% at a hospital dying from it wishing you had taken the simple vaccine.  99% of the people in hospitals dying from COVID are the ones not vaccinated  or who refuse to get vaccinated.   It's silly... you have a life preserver to keep you from drowning, but you refuse to take hold becuse you feel its not your choice.  The virus can only mutate  when it enters a non vaccinated person.   So any person not wanting the vaccine is endangering  the grater good.    You have to break an egg to to make an omelet.  Anti vaxxers are the egg and need to be do whats right for the greater good, vs their feeling hurt

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 9:44 AM, khunphil said:

If France, the India AZ (used in Thailand) is not recognized, at least in last July.

I am not sure here they use the Covidshield (which I assume is what to mean by India AZ). And it is btw accepted in France for the pass.

(here the list)

19 hours ago, kg1947 said:

BOYCOTT  that resto. but be careful .... they can sue you and put you in jail for " false accusation & defamation "  ....

Yes as we read not so long ago,  false accusations  even though true...