Non O visa immigration question?

22 hours ago, raptorea said:

How is immigration currently handling the people on non o visas that can no longer do border runs every 90 days due to the country being locked down? Thank you

The intended group for multiple entry Non O visas was individuals making frequent visits to Thailand, not those trying to live permanently in Thailand by doing border runs every 90/150 days. Those using multiple entry visas to stay here were mostly tolerated, but most in immigration considered it a misuse of such visas.

As such, Immigration currently considers:

• those wanting to make multiple visits to Thailand will need to comply with the current rules involving Certificates of Entry and other inconvenient requirements;
  • those wanting to spend time in Thailand without leaving should use extensions, as has always been immigration's preference.

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The intended group for multiple entry Non O visas was individuals making frequent visits to Thailand, not those trying to live permanently in Thailand by doing border runs every 90/150 days. Those using multiple entry visas to stay here were mostly tolerated, but most in immigration considered it a misuse of such visas.

As such, Immigration currently considers:

• those wanting to make multiple visits to Thailand will need to comply with the current rules involving Certificates of Entry and other inconvenient requirements;
  • those wanting to spend time in Thailand without leaving should use extensions, as has always been immigration's preference.

I was actually advised by mu imigration, to get 12 month non-O multy in Laos, and do borderrun ewer 90 days. (this was ofcause before covid). It was not my idea, but I did it because of the advise from my imigration. ( the borderrun, after alle, only took 1 houer ewery 3 month)
Now I am, for the time beeing, on Covid extentions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

I was actually advised by mu imigration, to get 12 month non-O multy in Laos, and do borderrun ewer 90 days. (this was ofcause before covid). It was not my idea, but I did it because of the advise from my imigration. ( the borderrun, after alle, only took 1 houer ewery 3 month)
Now I am, for the time beeing, on Covid extentions.

Obtain a 12 month extension based on marriage. Not a difficult option. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A very difficult option if you keep your money in your home country like I do and only keep enough here for living expenses. Yes, I can afford to do the money in the bank method, but I don't have the temperament to deal with some of these power tripping IOs you have to deal with involved in the Marriage exts. Also, Thailand especially under Military Rule which it is most of the time, is far to unstable a country to trust it with your life savings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Life savings??.

400k tied up for couple of months and then live off it. 

Heck that's about 12,000usd.

If that's your life savings then heaven forbid.

It is not my life savings exactly, but I could not afford to just walk away from it, I have met a few retirees over here who could not afford the 400.000 or 800.000Bt in the bank and just use agents, but in my case I can afford it, I would leave the country if ever the money in the bank method was the only way to stay here.

39 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It is not my life savings exactly, but I could not afford to just walk away from it, I have met a few retirees over here who could not afford the 400.000 or 800.000Bt in the bank and just use agents, but in my case I can afford it, I would leave the country if ever the money in the bank method was the only way to stay here.

The 400k for the marriage visa/extension can be spent as soon as you get the visa/extension unlike the retirement one where no money can be withdrawn for 3 mths after, and must keep 400k all year.  So are you married or not ?

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

In my case it just absolutely makes zero sense to fool around with immigration, parking 800K that ends up costing me 6000baht/month as long as I choose to be here. ( For those who don't understand that's 4 1/2 ice cold Leos' everyday for as long as you live here). An agent is money well spent. It would be different if it bought me permanent residency instead of throwing money a parking meter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you have a ME (marriage) ? 

Best option would be to apply for 12 month extension based on marriage. Has financial requirements.

The other option is 60 day covid extensions.

also a 60 day visit Thai wife extension is possible one time per entry, but do 60 day covid extensions until they are stopped

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Requires more paperwork than covid extension and think for the 60day to visit wife, she needs to attend imm with him?.

Might be best to keep the extension for visit 'up his sleeve' 

Imm might make him use it before covid extension in any event.