Where to live? Pleonchit/Nana/Asoke/PhromPhong/Thonglor/Ekkamai/Onnut

dj230

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

When we moved, I identified the area (down to 2-3 specific sois) I wanted to move to (Ploenchit) and spent a week walking around and going into the juristic offices to see what was available. It was much better than relying on out-of-date information online or agents. Eventually I found a great low-rise condo right next my kid's school and a short walk to work for me.

In my opinion you need to put in the legwork and physically look at buildings and units.

I think I agree,

I was way far out from central bangkok so I didn’t really have the time to keep going to central bangkok but that would have been the optimal thing to do. 

I settled on pleonchit for now, mainly because the condo was one of the only ones with their gym open. Area is quite nice and everything is new/modern which is a plus, very quiet and isn’t crowded. Once things open up I’ll see if it’s worth moving. Asoke would have been my next option but it’s a bit crowded and older. 

One con about living in pleonchit is it’s a bit less convenient, I think chidlom or Siam would have been better, but not many new condos in that area.