Thai Govt hopes tourism can be revived as COVID subsides

snoop1130

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'd like to travel domestic but still waiting for my appointment that finally comes on the 12th for Pfeizer.

My wife is waiting for the Moderna we've booked and paid for months ago. Now that's only 1.95 million doses.

Like many Thais she doesn't want to take Sinovac so we're waiting for something more suitable.

Why pay for something that is free ? It's all about the money.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Umm, let me think…

Pfizer’s not the be all and end all. In fact I hear there can be heart issues while efficacy also drops off. But as with an expensive handbag, you pay more so it has to be better right. Nowt as queer as folk. 

Its free.

If you lived in Thailand you may have heard about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stanaris said:

Simple way of getting more tourists.  Open Thailand to all double vaccinated visitors who are willing to come here.  NO Quarantine and No tests, just come and enjoy a relaxing holiday. Allowing alcohol sales and consumption would be good too.

Ideally prefaced with preparing the population with an effective and quality vaccine. But, this is Thailand, so Sinovac all round.

Edited by Karma80

11 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I began to learn Spanish today, will go check Colombia. Most beautiful girls are in Medellin. No vaccination required, no pcr tests, no nothing invasive. The old normal just the way i like it. F these new “normal” dictators! There are still sane countries in the world.

As Arnold would say "Hasta la vista, baby"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

So, with tourism ready "to be revived" one of the country's top policemen stands up and threatens anyone who arranges or takes part in a party in which alcohol is served, with arrest and imprisonment!

I just don't know whether to laugh or cry

He's hoping to be  next prime minister maybe

8 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

Singapore has ~1/7 the infection rate of Thailand in the last 7 days; that is a pretty good attestation to the efficacy of the vaccine.

Israel’s 63% vaccination rate was initially admirable, but few consider that a sufficient number today; the consensus seems to be closer to 80% with issues remaining when you get outbreaks among ineligible groups.  

yes your quite correct.look at worldometers deaths per mill,both are small in comparison to USA and other countries in europe as israel and sing are highly developed countries japan  and s korea are similar too.thailand wont get out of the hole its dug itself unless it vaccinates with a jab that works against indian variant.chinese ones are much  less effective against delta than az moderna and pfizer,these are thin on the ground,why?corruption and political game plan from the generals to put thaland firmly in the china orbit so they continue rule,all this is quite obvious.will the country fully ever recover?i doubt it.the thai in the street is mostly oblivious to most of what going on around him but even they are waking up and can see the picture more clearly,will they do something about it,i doubt it in sufficient nos.i hope people do change this corrupt,fascist version of feudalism as that is the real way forward.a better deal for all.not just the corrupt cops and govt  nor the gods from on high

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

70-80% percent of vaccination rates will get rid of quarantine.

And this is maybe the idea behind the single vax only policy that appears to be happening at the moment.

BS trying to baffle Brains.

Yesterday, Tewasilp of the CCSA stated that Thailand was well on the way to " Herd immunity ".

He stated that Thailand had now vaccinated 50 % of the 70 Million Population with a single Vaccination.

Duhhhh !

It will take a lot more Vaccinations, with only 12 % of the population having received 2 shots of any Vaccine at all to reach " Herd Immunity " which now seems to be as high as 80% plus due to Delta.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

I began to learn Spanish today, will go check Colombia. Most beautiful girls are in Medellin. No vaccination required, no pcr tests, no nothing invasive. The old normal just the way i like it. F these new “normal” dictators! There are still sane countries in the world.

Despedida

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Umm, let me think…

Pfizer’s not the be all and end all. In fact I hear there can be heart issues while efficacy also drops off. But as with an expensive handbag, you pay more so it has to be better right. Nowt as queer as folk. 

Sinovac is not cheap.  Do some international price per dose investigating.  The Chinese may call it "good will" but ..... you don't charge the customer top dollar for a product and then claim "good will"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Umm, let me think…

Nowt as ill informed as some folk (see mirror for clarification) ..

• Like 2

Just a bit of practical thinking. Due to various reasons all born out of the pandemic, Thailand will not have many tourists for the rest of this year and well into next. International tourism is going to take a fair while to crank up. Its just not the case that Thailand drops most of the incoming restrictions today and large numbers will be here tomorrow. I suspect that the whole thing will be a drip feed as more and more countries open up, green lists etc. This one is well down the queue with its tardy vaccinations and chaotic rules. Sure the single male demographic may just jump on a plane but not to see shuttered bars. Also expect a few snags along the way as outbreaks occur. I know there is a lot of pent up demand in Australia, people have holidays owing to them but as they plan in advance most holidays for the next 6 months are local.

• Like 2

Complete mishandling of the situation along with massive shut downs lending itself for the moment nothing to come back to will seriously hamper the tourism comeback. Along with the flip flops and what's good this hour is obsolete later has shaken tourist confidence significantly. You may open borders but with quarantine requirements and expenses along with not enough open and the threat of things closing right on peoples noses at anytime has definitely left it's mark. Thailand you're in for a long haul.

• Like 1

Won't be many tourists coming for the high season especially from the UK 

With the restrictions in place Covid paperwork quarantine ect plus the hassle of quarantine travelling back  to the UK

Now reading Covie certificate or checks required before entering restaurants  when Bangkok opens next month properly same Pattaya

Hua Hin ect no mention of bars clubs open  ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

It's too early to open up.

Just look at the rising daily cases in Singapore and Israel where most are already vaccinated, something is wrong. Fully vaccinated figures below.

Singapore - 80%

Israel - 63%

The world might have to come to it's senses, viruses mutate, and what you point out is happening in other well vaccinated countries. I have even read articles that blame those who are anti vaccine for this.

Vaccines are not stopping covid, just alleviating the symptoms at present.

NZ did not control the first or the second outbreak with vaccines it was achieved with social distancing and lockdowns.

The third outbreak (delta) has nearly been contained down to around 20 cases per day now, but again vaccines did not achieve this , it's been lockdown and social distancing again.

Some of the spreaders in this latest outbreak had been fully vaccinated using Pfizer(NZ only uses Pfizer).

So what is the world going to do? shoot everyone a third time? a fourth time???

Are we going to stay locked up, the worlds economy strangled, airlines ruined, everyone mandated to get a jab of experimental or FDA approved vaccines, get a vaccine passport, do not pass go without one, for vaccines that are not stopping covid, YET, thats a big yet, and so far the world is not preventing spread.

India and Brazil have had great success with Ivermectin, for improving recovery of infected covid patients, but the WHO does not want to know about it.

Russia is in the process of phase 2 trials For MIR 19, which is looking like a winner as a medication inhaled that is supposed to knock covid in its' tracks, we will have to wait for the outcome of this, but ,it looks like the world will have to take a different approach to covid, India is saying this, look after the people over fifty with vaccines to reduce the impact of infection, and the rest will probably  develop herd immunity, which is already developing in over 67% of the Indian population so far.

Does big pharma think that the world according to Jabba, will be the new world, it is frightening, at the least.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'd like to travel domestic but still waiting for my appointment that finally comes on the 12th for Pfeizer.

My wife is waiting for the Moderna we've booked and paid for months ago. Now that's only 1.95 million doses.

Like many Thais she doesn't want to take Sinovac so we're waiting for something more suitable.

Speaking of Moderna, My girlfriend and I were at the hospital the other day in Loei and saw a line for Moderna jabs. My girlfriend asked if this was for second shipment next year. We were told this was for the October shipment that has been moved to between Jan- March 2022 .