Used Motorcycle Websites

dsmiththailand

1 hour ago, dsmiththailand said:

Is there a way to double check the number?

No, you can never be 100% sure, however a few things can minimize the risk of tampering.

1: Is there a service book provided with the bike? In there are, you can check at which date the bike was serviced and at xxx km's. This is the best indicator, a dedicated owner will always keep the book updated.

2: The less owners the better, see above.

3: General appearance of the bike, if it looks haggard the owner is likely not taking good care of his bike. Foot rest/handle grips very worn on a low km bike! Alarm bells going off and so on.

4: I would be very reluctant buying a bike from a 2nd hand dealer unless he have the service book, no service book; alarm bells going off.

5: I heard that the green book will have accidents entered in the back, something to check.

I bought my big bike from an expat here in Pattaya, I could see within 5 min that he was a dedicated owner, service book in order off-course.

• Thanks 1

I bought a big bike at one of the second hand guys in Bangkok. The service book was there but never used. Still in it's plastic folder the same as manual. A 2018 with 12,000km, good amount of special extras and the guy had all the original parts. It looked brand new. You know it's a gut feeling you have, for me anyway. Saw another guy's bikes as well, one had a dead battery and he knew I was coming. When you see a 3 yr old bike with only 2000km I get uneasy. 

Took it to the Triumph dealer in Pattaya for oil change and to generally check it out. All good.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Thanks 1