The Surprisingly Strong US Supreme Court Precedent Supporting Vaccine Mandates

gargamon

17 hours ago, cdemundo said:

That is not what you claimed.  

Now you reply to my eyeball by saying there is "enough of a risk" to take precautions.

I rolled my eyes when you said the COVID vaccine in contrast to smallpox vaccine, does not work.

Not the same thing.

I didn’t say the covid vaccine doesn’t work, I said that unlike the smallpox vaccine, which prevents infection completely, the covid vaccine does not completely eliminate the possibility of infection, or transmission to others. 

If the risk of vaccinated people spreading the disease to others is so low, as the peer-reviewed study posted in this thread is claiming, then why are the experts still worried about vaccinated  people walking around unmasked? 

I’m not making any claims here, I’m just questioning the inconsistencies that I see in the information that is being presented to me. 

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

What less popular expert are you referring to?

Few experts are on TV. With the exception of Fauci. TV isn't the best place to get expert opinions.

Why bring up nazis? Bizarre.

How about the experts at the WHO who have been saying for a long time that lockdowns are a destructive and unsustainable strategy that should only be used under the most extreme circumstances? Why aren’t Australia and NZ listening to their advice? 

I brought up Nazis because thats what you get called nowadays if you disagree with certain people’s political beliefs, similar to the way that you called me a denier because I disagreed with your opinion on covid, despite the fact that I have never denied covid on this forum or anywhere else. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

How about the experts at the WHO who have been saying for a long time that lockdowns are a destructive and unsustainable strategy that should only be used under the most extreme circumstances? Why aren’t Australia and NZ listening to their advice? 

I brought up Nazis because thats what you get called nowadays if you disagree with certain people’s political beliefs, similar to the way that you called me a denier because I disagreed with your opinion on covid, despite the fact that I have never denied covid on this forum or anywhere else. 

Please give a link to these experts. But yes, lockdowns are destructive. As is the virus. No easy answers.

As for OZ and NZ. Lots of good reports out there describing why they are where they are. Again, no easy answers and hindsight is always 20/20.

I'd never call anyone a Nazi. Never. Terrible thing to do.

30 minutes ago, Ryan754326 said:

I didn’t say the covid vaccine doesn’t work, I said that unlike the smallpox vaccine, which prevents infection completely, the covid vaccine does not completely eliminate the possibility of infection, or transmission to others. 

If the risk of vaccinated people spreading the disease to others is so low, as the peer-reviewed study posted in this thread is claiming, then why are the experts still worried about vaccinated  people walking around unmasked? 

I’m not making any claims here, I’m just questioning the inconsistencies that I see in the information that is being presented to me. 

Simple. Vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. Low, yes. But still possible and were still in the middle of a global pandemic!

Best to be safe than sorry.

23 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Please give a link to these experts. But yes, lockdowns are destructive. As is the virus. No easy answers.

As for OZ and NZ. Lots of good reports out there describing why they are where they are. Again, no easy answers and hindsight is always 20/20.

I'd never call anyone a Nazi. Never. Terrible thing to do.

Easy to Google the WHO position on lockdowns, but here you go.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/15/lockdowns-should-be-last-resort-whos-europe-chief-says.html

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/12753688

Can we agree that Australia, with the military patrolling the streets, is in a state of “full lockdown”?

I’m glad you’d never call anyone a Nazi, but can you also stop calling people covid deniers? (unless, of course, they actually deny covid).

It’s an annoying thing to do. 

Edited by Ryan754326

55 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Simple. Vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. Low, yes. But still possible and were still in the middle of a global pandemic!

Best to be safe than sorry.

Being safe is great, but at some point we have to accept that life comes with risks and let people get back to living like normal human beings.
If a 1 in 5000 chance of spreading the virus is not an acceptable level of safety, then what is?

6 minutes ago, Virt said:

I'm just happy to live in a country where 96% of all people above age 50 has been vaccinated.

That means that as off today we have no restrictions what so ever.

None, Zero, zilch and the last couple of months we had very few resttrictions, and no spikes because of that.

The government also cancelled their emergency law, which for example means they can't make masks mandatory anymore.

Are we covid free?

Not by a long shot ( 557 positives yesterday amongst 57.000 PCR tests in a country with 5,8 mill and 132 hospitalized) , so the winter will be a perfect test for us.

Can we go through winter with so few people being sent to hospitals, that it's just like a normal flu epidemic?

Will it mostly be the unvaccinated that will get hospitalized?

Time will tell, but i can tell by articels from other european countries, that they are surprised to see Denmark back to normal so soon.

Excellent news. 

Well done Denmark, science, health care services and social responsibility hand in hand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ryan754326 said:

Easy to Google the WHO position on lockdowns, but here you go.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/15/lockdowns-should-be-last-resort-whos-europe-chief-says.html

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/12753688

Can we agree that Australia, with the military patrolling the streets, is in a state of “full lockdown”?

I’m glad you’d never call anyone a Nazi, but can you also stop calling people covid deniers? (unless, of course, they actually deny covid).

It’s an annoying thing to do. 

The first article is from a year ago. Lots has changed since then. But yes. Lockdowns should be a last resort.

Military patrolling the streets? Considering how many deny this pandemic. Perhaps it's a good thing. You are aware of how the virus got out in OZ? Don't think so.....

On 9/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, internationalism said:

When I go for any vax at travel clini, there is always doctor's interview with careful notes being taken down for medical history.

When I went for my flu jab, there was no interview, no Dr, and no notes taken. I did have to wait 30 minutes after the first one.

When I was "vaccinated" for mumps by being put in close contact with an infected friend ( by my parents ) they didn't take any medical advice, and no medical staff involved.

What may happen in one country, is not indicative of what happens elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, Ryan754326 said:

According to a study posted on another thread, that is the probability of a vaccinated person spreading covid to another. 

There's an old, but definitely not tired,  saying "Give a fool enough rope, soon enough he'll end up hanging himself." Case in point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1