Dying to re-open: Phuket business leaders push for Dec 1 full re-opening

webfact

5 hours ago, stigar said:

OMG.Well..im not going to thailand...VIETNAM here i comes..beer in Bangkok 220 bath..vietnam 22 bath..

even i dont fancy vietnam girls im going there 

Sorry, you're not going to Vietnam, not for a long time yet. I live in Saigon and haven't been allowed to leave the house for three weeks now, and the last time I was able to go to a supermarket was on 8th July.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, samjaidee said:

Sorry, you're not going to Vietnam, not for a long time yet. I live in Saigon and haven't been allowed to leave the house for three weeks now, and the last time I was able to go to a supermarket was on 8th July.

Vietnam is open in october.Im from norway means its allowed for me to go there.

6 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Flu ??? Have you missed the part where all those virologists and friends said flu doesn't exist anymore and has magically disapeared . Everything is covid . 

Flu has “ disappeared” as you say because we’re all wearing masks and have been in lockdown after lockdown for the second year ! Flu jab soon out here in Eu/ UK and they’ve said it’s very important we all get the jab. .They are working on a way to incorporate into the COVID vaccin , but not sure where it’s at yet. Flu still exists.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaiHard said:

Israel has the highest percentage of vaccinated people and a huge number of covid cases (per capita one of the highest in the world) and the UK is running @ 39,000 new cases a day, USA 177,000 and even Australia has a rapidly increasing number of cases - 1,800 today - up from ~30 a day just before they brought in their 'stasi' style lockdown. Meanwhile Denmark and Sweden have now fully opened up. Do you honestly believe covid will go away? It's with us now, it is probably in pigs, bats and birds now, and will eventually mutant into flu/common cold. So impoverishing people, with the attendant problems such as crime/suicide/despair, just to keep you happy may not be feasible.

I agree with you but Israel does not have the highest percentage of vaccinated people, not even close.

• Like 1

I doubt that Vietnam is all that open. There would be advertisements all over the place if that

country was open.  Thanks samjaidee, if you live in Saigon, you would know more than most of

us.  My Vietnamese family members all say to wait until next Winter to try go to Vietnam for a holiday.

Geezer

15 hours ago, geisha said:

Flu has “ disappeared” as you say because we’re all wearing masks and have been in lockdown after lockdown for the second year ! Flu jab soon out here in Eu/ UK and they’ve said it’s very important we all get the jab. .They are working on a way to incorporate into the COVID vaccin , but not sure where it’s at yet. Flu still exists.

Ofcourse it does still excist i never said it didn't , the virologists and friends said it didn't excist anymore at the beginning of covid outbrake so they had a reason to call everything covid and scare people even more . 

5 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Ofcourse it does still excist i never said it didn't , the virologists and friends said it didn't excist anymore at the beginning of covid outbrake so they had a reason to call everything covid and scare people even more . 

Nonsense, except maybe in your mind.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

And it's nonsense in only your mind . Or you think everybody agrees with you ?? Look it up , when covid first broke out they said flu dissapeared . 

So the virologists claimed a virus disappeared. ????

They are NOT looking at a combined Flu/Covid Vacc...,

They ARE looking at giving a Covid jab/booster to people who receive free flu jabs in UK (medically at risk) still being considered at moment (Dr Chris Smith UK Virologist - BBC)

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

So the virologists claimed a virus disappeared. ????

Basically yes it did for a long period of time in the midst of the pandemic and lockdowns, although it’s starting to return again now. Just google “why did flu disappear” first page will give you enough credible links and the reasons.

8 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

This is what the discussion is about.

39 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Basically yes it did for a long period of time in the midst of the pandemic and lockdowns, although it’s starting to return again now. Just google “why did flu disappear” first page will give you enough credible links and the reasons.

So yes, glad you agree that the claim made "the virologists and friends said it didn't excist anymore at the beginning of covid outbrake so they had a reason to call everything covid and scare people even more . " is nonsense.

Edited by stevenl

On 9/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, stigar said:

Vietnam is open in october.Im from norway means its allowed for me to go there.

That would be true if you considered the island of Phu Quoc to be all of Vietnam. The entire country will remain closed to tourism with the exception of Phu Quoc, which will open under a trial 6 month test.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:24 AM, DaiHard said:

Israel has the highest percentage of vaccinated people and a huge number of covid cases (per capita one of the highest in the world) and the UK is running @ 39,000 new cases a day, USA 177,000 and even Australia has a rapidly increasing number of cases - 1,800 today - up from ~30 a day just before they brought in their 'stasi' style lockdown. Meanwhile Denmark and Sweden have now fully opened up. Do you honestly believe covid will go away? It's with us now, it is probably in pigs, bats and birds now, and will eventually mutant into flu/common cold. So impoverishing people, with the attendant problems such as crime/suicide/despair, just to keep you happy may not be feasible.

As time goes on and more people become vaccinated, the number of "cases" will have less significance and the number of hospitalizations and deaths will become the main area of focus. As you say, Covid in some form will be with us for a very long time as long as vaccinations do not stop the transmission of the virus.

With influenza, the number of infections (e.g. "cases") each year isn't tracked or regarded as important, even though in the US, 30,000 to 60,000 deaths per year were attributed to influenza in the years prior to Covid-19.  Covid-19 and influenza are somewhat alike in the fact that they mutate over time and available vaccines help to reduce serious illness, however they do not stop transmission of the virus throughout the population. Given enough time, and enough of the population receiving effective vaccines, I'd expect Covid-19 to track somewhat similar to influenza in terms of serious illness and deaths year after year.

As for non-human infections, zoos in the US are already finding Covid-19 infections in some of their animals.

On 9/11/2021 at 2:46 PM, 2long said:

I REALLY hope that most of the country can be open without quarantine, and with bars and nightlife available, by December 1st at the latest! ????????????????

If this doesn't happen, imagine the lost revenue for westerners wanting to come for Christmas & New Year. ????

Well you will have to hope that these tourists are prepared to pay thousands of dollars for testing in Thailand and many more thousands for flights and MIQ when they return home. 

54 minutes ago, DrDave said:

As time goes on and more people become vaccinated, the number of "cases" will have less significance and the number of hospitalizations and deaths will become the main area of focus. As you say, Covid in some form will be with us for a very long time as long as vaccinations do not stop the transmission of the virus.

With influenza, the number of infections (e.g. "cases") each year isn't tracked or regarded as important, even though in the US, 30,000 to 60,000 deaths per year were attributed to influenza in the years prior to Covid-19.  Covid-19 and influenza are somewhat alike in the fact that they mutate over time and available vaccines help to reduce serious illness, however they do not stop transmission of the virus throughout the population. Given enough time, and enough of the population receiving effective vaccines, I'd expect Covid-19 to track somewhat similar to influenza in terms of serious illness and deaths year after year.

As for non-human infections, zoos in the US are already finding Covid-19 infections in some of their animals.

Cats can get it, but I don't hear of cats dying all over the world 

India is down to 33000 infections a day now with a 97.45 recover rate, India today news. 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, DaiHard said:

Constantly counting "Cases" is just scare-mongering and feeding the media frenzy. The majority of "Cases" are asymptomatic. The more "testing" you do the more "Cases you will find......

What is much more important is the number of actual hospitalizations, and of course the number of deaths.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

So yes, glad you agree that the claim made "the virologists and friends said it didn't excist anymore at the beginning of covid outbrake so they had a reason to call everything covid and scare people even more . " is nonsense.

With that context then certainly I agree with you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevenl said:

I do i just stated facts and say that we cannot blindly follow everything these virologists say . But what you try to say that what i say is nonsense is not treu . The claim I made is treu about what virologists where saying so don't say i talk nonsense . 

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I do i just stated facts and say that we cannot blindly follow everything these virologists say . But what you try to say that what i say is nonsense is not treu . The claim I made is treu about what virologists where saying so don't say i talk nonsense . 

They never had a reason to call everything covid as you claim. So yes, you were claiming nonsense.

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

They never had a reason to call everything covid as you claim. So yes, you were claiming nonsense.

Ok stevenl ,alknowing eye in the sky . Whatever . Virologists not having a reason ?? What about scaring people to make sure they would stay home ?? You do know who pays those virologists that are always in the "media" right . But anywho , agree to disagree about your nonsense spouting . How do you feel when i tell you you are talking nonsense. To call something nonsense you have to back it up , don't think you can keyboard warrior . 

• Sad 1

On 9/11/2021 at 9:37 AM, DaiHard said:

And have good stocks of Hydroxychloraquine, Azithramiacian and Ivermectin on hand (together with daily zinc tablets) as prophylactics. [I can't be bothered looking up the correct spelling]

Nor bothered to get serious medical advice it would seem.

On 9/11/2021 at 2:18 PM, Deli said:

You missed clearly where the majority of latest cases have been occuring. Nothing to do at all with tourism but with HUGE failure of the Governor. Again. 

Ha ha I'm still laughing , the vaccine arrives all over the planet millions get vaccinated and the amount of infected people goes up not down , when are people going to wake up and realise the vaccine can't be working or is it that the vaccine is the reason for an increase of infections . Ho hey carry on , oh it can't be the vaccine can it ?

• Sad 1