Wasuthon is being deported back to Thailand by Danish authorities

webfact

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One is, she adopted him, that makes her a parent and her husband, in the circumstances, can reasonably be referred to as a parent, i.e. stepfather.

"the headline suggests deportation which I read as 'kept in custody until taken to the airport, asap".

Your "reading" of it like that was wrong, then.   

Denmark has decided to deport him but his family and lawyer is fighting it.

This could go on and on all day, but many TV members (and LFC fans) rarely let things drop. Luckily for me, MotoGP FP3 is about to start.

You said 'this boy's parents' which means two people. Your claim now is that it's one (adopted) and the husband of that adopted mother. ????????

parents / natural parents / legal parent ????????????????

Let's agree to disagree about what 'deported' means and when it can be used.

Enjoy the rest of your afternoon. ????

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, perconrad said:

Yes it is.

I don't think drenddy reads Danish news and I don't think he is Danish since most people are not like he suggest, but the government and the bureaucracy is.

I read danish news, though not gutter press.However, even the more ''serious'' newspapers, such as Berlingske or Jyllands - Posten, have the same attitude.

I see Denmark as a foreigner...And, no matter what you might say, the xenophobic(not racism, there is slight difference between these two terms) sentiment is deeply embedded in danish mentality.It is stricking to see, how much attention no-name right wing politicians/parties(whose names are irrelevant, as most of the users here don't know them) receive.

I repeat/translate what one of them said : ''the highest one can achieve, is to become a danisk citizen'', that says all.

Danes are <deleted>scared about outsiders.

17 minutes ago, 2long said:

You said 'this boy's parents' which means two people. Your claim now is that it's one (adopted) and the husband of that adopted mother. ????????

parents / natural parents / legal parent 

Yes, an adoptive mother is a parent in the eyes of the law.   If you're claiming that his stepfather is not reasonably seen as his father, you'd be much better off watching bike racing.

"parents / natural parents / legal parent".

Lack of legal understanding or semantics?  Parents, natural parents, adoptive parents are all legal parents.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

So plenty on here think the Danish authorities should make exceptions even when this boy does not meet the criteria?

They should ignore the rules and allow him special treatment?

Just like the Thai authorities do for us Europeans, eh?

They should ignore the rules. So where would you draw the line for ignoring rules? It is sad when it is about children. But a rule is a rule.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, drenddy said:

I read danish news, though not gutter press.However, even the more ''serious'' newspapers, such as Berlingske or Jyllands - Posten, have the same attitude.

I see Denmark as a foreigner...And, no matter what you might say, the xenophobic(not racism, there is slight difference between these two terms) sentiment is deeply embedded in danish mentality.It is stricking to see, how much attention no-name right wing politicians/parties(whose names are irrelevant, as most of the users here don't know them) receive.

I repeat/translate what one of them said : ''the highest one can achieve, is to become a danisk citizen'', that says all.

Danes are <deleted>scared about outsiders.

It sounds like you read Politiken and is Swedish.

Danes are not scared about foreigners wherever they come from, but they don't like when they don't behave themself.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Please remember that entering any country illegally, is illegal, whether asylum is being sort or not and the vast majority of illegal immigrants are not applying for asylum!   There is a legal way to seek asylum and it is not by sneaking in under the cover of night in a boat and disappearing into the community.

That is completely incorrect.

I am pleased you are not defending any human rights cases.

https://www.unhcr.org/en-au/3b66c2aa10

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2long said:

The word 'deported' to me suggests a punishment. From reading the article it looks like they just got their application denied.

I wasn't 'deported' from Australia when my residency application failed. I simply had to leave by a set deadline date.

Deported means expelled. He has been expelled. He may not have been cleanly put on a plane yet, but that may come.

You were given notice to leave...that's the same as expulsion, deportation. Had you not left before the stated deadline, you too would have been accompanied by at least 2 burly AFP types  onto a flight.

4 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I think he was using humour

There is enough seriousness without having posters put their depressing opinion

He must cut this to 30%. Too much morale...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, perconrad said:

It sounds like you read Politiken and is Swedish.

Danes are not scared about foreigners wherever they come from, but they don't like when they don't behave themself.

Yes, they are...And the way, they see themselves as so important on the world stage of geopolitics(the fact is, nobody gives a <deleted> about Denmark) and, sometimes, they take upon themselves the holy fight against a certain group of foreigners(i am not part of that group), it's hilarious.

I have never met a people with such inferiority complex, with a need to be validated, but paradoxally, so arrogant, thinking Danmark is the pinnacle of human achievment(many danes not being aware of that) towards everything that is not danish.

Edited by drenddy

9 minutes ago, Virt said:

Is it a problem with double sentences in speficic areas.

If it can keep people from doing criminals acts, i'm all for it.

Follow the law and you stay clear of trouble.

Is that so hard to understand?

The law of confiscating jewelry was implemented in 2016 .

Do you know how many jewelry that was taken from refugees from 2016-2019?

ZERO, so let's not blow this out of proportions.

It does not matter, whether they took money or not, what matters is that the elected Danish Parliament has passed the law and I have never seen many protesting against it.

That fact that you support a discriminating law, which gives double sentence to Ahmed, who lives in Vollsmose, and Jimmy low life Hell Angels gets half for the same crime, only because he has address in other non ghetto area, says a lot..And this is an endemic sentiment within danes.

Edited by drenddy

There are two things, I still remember from one of my first talk with a dane., when I first moved to Denamrk.

He asked me : ''Do you like Denmark?'', waiting anxiously for my answer, I could see his eyes, his half smile, expecting me to praise Denmark, but he has quite disappointed, when I said, that the country feels very boring and Copenhagen has a provincial feeling

He asked me : ''Do your people eat pork meat?''..This is how danes identify foreigners, speaks about the ignorance levels among ordinary danes.And, when they feel the need to become Western civilization's only defendant againt muslim invasion, they praise themselves with the fact that they love pork steak...

This is Danmark, folks.

All the glitzy-bitzy from documentaries is just propaganda.

1 hour ago, drenddy said:

It does not matter, whether they took money or not, what matters is that the elected Danish Parliament has passed the law and I have never seen many protesting against it.

That fact that you support a discriminating law, which gives double sentence to Ahmed, who lives in Vollsmose, and Jimmy low life Hell Angels gets half for the same crime, only because he has address in other non ghetto area, says a lot..And this is an endemic sentiment within danes.

Facts?

Hell Angels and similar groups are able to get double sentenced in Denmark as well.

It was first used in 2010 when 3 danish males from AK81 ( A HA supporter group) were double sentenced.

They were bodyguards for a Hell Angels member.

You can dizz Denmark all you want, but get your facts straight.

3 hours ago, 2long said:

Well, they're not his parents, but my point is only that the headline suggests deportation which I read as 'kept in custody until taken to the airport, asap.' Whereas it appears he has just had his application denied. To ME, this is not being deported until/unless the deadline has passed and the poor lad is in custody await his plane.

Yes she is his mother by law.  Chances are his real mother does not exist anymore.  The bottom line to this is teh Danish government has a problem with people coming into the country either illegally or seeking asylum and passed laws that are made to stop it.

Some paper pusher that can only read the rules and doesnot understand life has made a decision and hit the denied button striclty because he is Thai and not because he came to Denmark with his mother who is also Thai but because she contributes to the taxation they will leave alone for now.

Imagine what awaits him if he is sent back,

Thai public schools

Grandparents that can not afford an extra mouth to feed

Living in Thailand.

Solution seems simple 

If you are going to refuse him then refuse him after he graduates high school.  Then he can apply at universities and get a studetn visa to almost any country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, drenddy said:

There are two things, I still remember from one of my first talk with a dane., when I first moved to Denamrk.

He asked me : ''Do you like Denmark?'', waiting anxiously for my answer, I could see his eyes, his half smile, expecting me to praise Denmark, but he has quite disappointed, when I said, that the country feels very boring and Copenhagen has a provincial feeling

He asked me : ''Do your people eat pork meat?''..This is how danes identify foreigners, speaks about the ignorance levels among ordinary danes.And, when they feel the need to become Western civilization's only defendant againt muslim invasion, they praise themselves with the fact that they love pork steak...

This is Danmark, folks.

All the glitzy-bitzy from documentaries is just propaganda.

You sound like you have had a Danish wife/girlfriend who run away with all your money since all your vitriol spewing against the Danes just like some here on Asean Now against the Thai's when they have been snared by their Thai wife/girlfriend

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, perconrad said:

You sound like you have had a Danish wife/girlfriend who run away with all your money since all your vitriol spewing against the Danes just like some here on Asean Now against the Thai's when they have been snared by their Thai wife/girlfriend

Nah he is just mad because she spent all his money on pork ???? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Very surprising, when your neighbours make it quite easy.. I mean Sweden.

Sweden is not Denmark, but numerous Danes use Sweden as kind of refuge, stays there for about six months, and then use EU-rules to re-enter Denmark as family; also Germany is sometimes used.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Yes she is his mother by law.  Chances are his real mother does not exist anymore. 

I'm not denying for a second that the lady is his legal mother, and probably cares for him more than his natural mother did/does.

I was just biting at another member's post saying 'the boy's parents.'

She is his adopted (legal) mother, and that would make the Dane his adopted stepfather.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How can you disagree with my saying that immigrants to Denmark have to meet the country's immigration requirement?   They're not "impossible", as evidenced by the boy's mother being allowed to stay, i.e. she met the requirements.

Of course I can disagree with you, if I so wish - but I said was "Denmark sometimes asks for the impossible, Thailand don't". In the actual case the required documentation is "impossible" - according to what the Danish newspapers writes - that's why...????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, perconrad said:

Actually not.Fat, not feminine and drunken women are not my type.

I just love to tell danes, how they really are...Trust me, this is the view a large majority of foreigners in Denmark have about danes and Denmark.

Edited by drenddy

2 minutes ago, drenddy said:

I just love to tell danes, how they really are...Trust me, this is the view a large majority of foreigners have about danes and Denmark.

Strange, in all my 75 years I have never met any foreigners with that view about us Danes, so I don't believe you.

• Like 1

Just now, perconrad said:

Strange, in all my 75 years I have never met any foreigners with that view about us Danes, so I don't believe you.

Strange, I have not met many who don't describe the danes xenophobic feeling and arrogant attitude.But I only have been here 8 years.

11 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Strange, I have not met many who don't describe the danes xenophobic feeling and arrogant attitude.But I only have been here 8 years.

I don't understand why you and foreigners with your view of the Danes will live in Denmark. Why not move to a more welcoming country.

But perhaps it's the high taxes in Denmark that you like.

Edited by perconrad
Spelling error
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, drenddy said:

When I worked in management consulting for KPMG LLP in the US, I worked for a program manager who was Danish and he was the biggest PRlCK I ever worked for - no exaggeration.

I realize that may not be a reasonable or fair sample size, but I'm just saying...

Edited by DBath

21 minutes ago, perconrad said:

I don't understand why you and foreigners with your view of the Danes will live in Denmark. Why not move to a more welcoming country.

Yes, come to Spain! (If you can deal with the slowness of some of the bureaucracy. At least they seem to genuinely revere and treat older folks with the respect they deserve.

I don't know about you, but they really know how to enjoy life and that really appeals to me at this point in my life. And as long as you at least make some small effort to speak the language they will treat you fantastically (sorry my British friends, that last line is for you...????)

Edited by DBath

41 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Of course I can disagree with you, if I so wish - but I said was "Denmark sometimes asks for the impossible, Thailand don't". In the actual case the required documentation is "impossible" - according to what the Danish newspapers writes - that's why...????

What is the "required documentation that is impossible in this case"?   In the case of immigration rules, if it is not possible for an applicant to meet those requirements, that doesn't make the requirements "impossible", it just means that that individual could not meet them.   They may not be "impossible" to another applicant. 

Thailand does have requirements for immigration and if applicants cannot meet them it doesn't make them "impossible requirements".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, perconrad said:

But perhaps it's the high taxes in Denmark that you like.

This is the danish way...Is either total assimilation or get out.There is no introspection, nothing, but I understand why, it's because, like I said, danes are <deleted>scared of foreigners, there is this tribe mentality, everything from outside is dangerous.

Even the shaking hands and drinking Faxe Kondi(ie.lower version of Sprite) at citizenship ceremony it's so hilarious.

And the coming ''danish value test'' for foreigners applying for citizienship, it's as hilarious as it is offending...As if Denmark invented free speech and women emancipation and we, foreigners, need to be lectured about this.

Edited by drenddy