A positive story about buying a house in Thailand

interesting case thanks. can never be sufficient detail here of course. house is Detached ? Common Facilities ( Mng. Co.) or Independent ? suppose you have majority company voting rights without which, and without lease, you would have handed over your 6 million / house to thais. under company which you know is technically illegal. also you had no Architect to customize the Basic Plan and manage Developer Build Inspect Payments. Surely should have had Progress Stage Payments rather than 50% Upfront ? first time hearing about buying Off Plan with Foundations & Walls already completed ! your choice of Pattaya ….. considered Phuket or too expensive ?

most interesting & bow to your prior house project experience ! glad it worked out well……

In 2006 I bought 10 mill. Leasehold Off Plan Phuket Pool Villa ; Four Story Semi Detached Townhouse inc. Separate Ground Apartment, with Common Owner Managed Area & Facilities. Intended Resale Investment but ended up Renting / Living here ever since Completion. Relied on Proven Developer & their Builder with no Architect.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

interesting case thanks. can never be sufficient detail here of course. house is Detached ? Common Facilities ( Mng. Co.) or Independent ? suppose you have majority company voting rights without which, and without lease, you would have handed over your 6 million / house to thais. under company which you know is technically illegal. also you had no Architect to customize the Basic Plan and manage Developer Build Inspect Payments. Surely should have had Progress Stage Payments rather than 50% Upfront ? first time hearing about buying Off Plan with Foundations & Walls already completed ! your choice of Pattaya ….. considered Phuket or too expensive ?

most interesting & bow to your prior house project experience ! glad it worked out well……

In 2006 I bought 10 mill. Leasehold Off Plan Phuket Pool Villa ; Four Story Semi Detached Townhouse inc. Separate Ground Apartment, with Common Owner Managed Area & Facilities. Intended Resale Investment but ended up Renting / Living here ever since Completion. Relied on Proven Developer & their Builder with no Architect.

Detached house with pool and covered terrace on a project with facilities and security. I have 100% of the voting rights the others have zero. No architect needed as it's a house on a gated project that is already more than half finished and sells 4 types of houses with minor changes if you want them. 50% was paid when the land was there (of course) and the house was already in progress. The other 50 at full completion. Phuket too expensive and my TGF got sick from driving up and down the hills all the time. Hua Hin too boring (sorry, taste), Samui to remote and Chiang Mai has no beach.  

Good that you had a positive experience in Phuket ???? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhatsNext said:

Of course they are aware , it's all over thailand. Of course they can stop it at any point, but they have failed to do so the last 30 years. 

There is a yearly fake report being made by the accountant, or real if you want to, i can rent my house from my company and everything will be real. Up to you.

So a bit of a gamble, with false documents. Hmmm.

Reminds me a bit about that cop who has millions $ stashed, made from luxury car seizures. But, like you say, up to you...????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I recommend you read up on how houses are "owned" in thailand under the current rules. There are no false documents. If everything comes falling down it will be for all foreign "home owners" in thailand, not just for me, and will cause such a problem that they'll never do it. If they do, no problem transfer house to TGF of choice, lease back. 

You quoted false company documents, that must be an offence, surely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Yeah this is thaivisa, of course i expected the wall of negativity to come rolling in, enjoy yourself ????

Sorry, but it is not negativity, I am asking questions responding to your words, if I have hit a nerve I am really sorry, I will leave your thread.....????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

i have to say that i was pleasantly surprised by the quality and workmanship of the building company that was constructing the entire project.

Can you say which company - may be useful to others?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, but it is not negativity, I am asking questions responding to your words, if I have hit a nerve I am really sorry, I will leave your thread.....????

No nerves hit or anything, but indeed as TOPT said, this has been done to death for many years now, starting the same discussion again is counter productive. No hard feelings from me though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Do you find you travel to Bangkok at all for anything or are you totally happy living in Pattaya?

Yes i/we regulary go to bangkok as this is where her family lives and i enjoy the malls, the big city feel as well. Actually have been thinking before about moving to BKK in the IconSiam towers, but i would miss the ocean too much. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Yes i/we regulary go to bangkok as this is where her family lives and i enjoy the malls, the big city feel as well. Actually have been thinking before about moving to BKK in the IconSiam towers, but i would miss the ocean too much. 

May I ask how are you finding the travel to Bangkok? I assume you go by car?

2 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

May I ask how are you finding the travel to Bangkok? I assume you go by car?

Sure ! i have a car (on my name) since about 3 years, the travel is pretty quick on the tollway number 7. Haven't been going too much though because of the covid situation. Not afraid of the virus, but not looking for it either. I mean this for malls, outside there is no risk as far as i am concerned. 

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

A couple of things that you might have overlooked and I am talking from experience. // 

Thanks for your honesty, i am aware of the problem with the expired ID cards as well. I am relying in part on the proven honesty of my TGF with her earlier relationship before me. Plus a minimal hope of the thai government making the 8 million "visa" a reality in the future (8 million investment and you can own land/house). Also the 5.1 is a write of in about 8 years for me. 

If you or I really can't sell for whatever reason, you can always rent out, i know that's pretty hard in covid times but later should be possible. Good luck to you.

*edit* in your case with the court and so on, i would hire a private eye to find her, and ask for the ID card with cash if needed. 

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 2