What do you do to pass the time during covid?

DBath

12 hours ago, papa al said:

papa (old & fat) got covid July 23.

Took 20mg Ivermectin right away.

Enjoyed very speedy recovery.

Back to riding dirt bike in 1 week.

Ivermectin is the real deal people.

Well done,  glad you're OK. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Maybe illiterate members should be amputated?

Sphincters in the human body.

Well…thank you for that info. After reading that, I guess I’m no longer illiterate….

You should be proud of yourself for knowing so much about the subject. 

BTW, I would prefer to be illiterate regarding sphincters, as opposed to being someone who spends most of their time scratching them. 

13 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Reading, reading, reading ...

After 40 minutes gym in the morning (3 or 4 times a week, always aiming for 5 but haven't yet managed that since we arrived back from Oz in late 2015).

Making lists of things to do - both at the family farm and here around the house. Unless I push, nothing here gets done. All at the farm. (Funny that.)

Modifying the lists of things to do, pushing back the dates. Endlessly.

Currently: Beginning to gather my strength for the annual renewal horrors, and saving my shekels for the mandatory health insurance. B/f always needs more cash for the 3rd house we're building at the farm ...

Kudos on the exercise routine. I was doing well with that also, lost over 100 lbs over the last year or so. Was doing a lot of sit-ups and weight training, but recently started doing planks again and have been having back spasms. I had them before and suspected the planks were causing it and laid off them for a while, but the spasms returned within 3-4 days of starting back up with them, so pretty much confirms I’ll need to choose a different exercise for the lower stomach. Some research seems to indicate a herniated disk is the culprit.  

Am still able to walk 3-5 miles per day, but can’t do much else until the back pain subsides. 

Old age really sucks sometimes, but will just have to keep fighting through the occasional aches and pains!! ????

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DBath said:

These are no doubt very, very difficult times for all of us.

No, not at all. Life's hardly changed at all in rural Issan. Stick a mask on when I go to Big C or 7/11 and that's about it. I'd hardly call that 'difficult times' (although I always mumble about it underneath my breath)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

These are no doubt very, very difficult times for all of us. What do you do to take your mind off all the chaos and escape the whole topic of covid?

[/quote]

Well, can I politely suggest that your above assumption is incorrect.  For some (many?) of us, life has little changed.  I live in north Laos, and the only change in my life is to heed the various rules about wearing a mask etc when visiting the shops.  There is no chaos, and my online job continues as before. One of the few downsides is that I'm unable to go shopping in Bangkok...

It’s same for me, but psychologically speaking, there is that cloud that seems to be hanging over many people as to what is the future going to hold and worrying about family and friends. So my point was more aimed at that aspect of it. 

Nothing has really changed for me and my wife, we have not changed our routine, except for retiring and moving to Thailand for 1.5 years. We’re in Spain now, but we rarely go out, except to go on our daily long walks, but we avoid other people for the most part. My wife is an astounding cook, so we literally never eat out; we eat healthy and exercise and read and study Spanish. 

Only thing that bothers me is having to wear a damned mask, washing our hands more frequently and applying hand gel often. Other than that, not much has changed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbudd said:

Now retired and quite happy to start the hobby's I never had time for in the past

Built a wood lathe and practice turning

Started wood carving both large and small

Couldn't get proper tools for carving so built a forge to make my own

With that and the garden and orchard,never a dull moment

Fah & Tiki.JPG

MyTotem.jpg

Nice totems! (or are they called something else there in Thailand?)

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'm writing a book.  It's called "C....s I have met".  Not surprisingly, everybody I know features in it.

That’s funny, but I thought it was spelled with a ‘K’????

(There a hilarious video someone posted here once about that, wish I could find it…)

One thing I don't do is engage with anyone in any conversations that entails me listening to another wax idiotically that vaccines are "BAD for you ... ok" (Mr 'teacher' Garity voice from South Park), that its a vast conspiracy to furtively implant some tracking device or mind control gene, that vaccines are actually a world wide cabal-plan to turn us into mindless robotic idiots (I'm already well on the way to that thank you very much!), that listening to scientific facts makes me a weak <deleted> (code for a decent non-white supremacist non racist bar-steward).

If I follow this simple intention each day I have very pleasant days enjoying my garden, the empty gorgeous clean Phuket waters, driving and riding about on almost empty roads, and due to the extreme hardship of many, many Thai locals I get heaps of opportunity to act in kind and generous ways with many about the place which is one of life's greatest gifts and graces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Have kids.

You'll wish you had more time.

Thanks, but I’ve “done my time and paid my debt to society” in that regard. I raised 3 of them. 

Now I’m just going to try to enjoy my time as best I can. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DBath said:

Thanks, but I’ve “done my time and paid my debt to society” in that regard. I raised 3 of them. 

Now I’m just going to try to enjoy my time as best I can. 

3?

You deserve it.

• Thanks 1

Having retired to Thailand from the US in 2011 my Covid schedule has pretty much remained the same. Morning toilette, checking/answering email/FB entries. Eat breakfast while watching PBS Newshour/BBC/CNN. Upstairs to office recliner where i spend time reading on a broad range of topics which interest me. By 10-11 if shopping/medical checkup is called for, we usually are out to 2-3 in the afternoon. Lunch out or back at home. Shower. Back to the office. If the mood strikes, I delve back into my genealogy research to add to my documented family tree. Potential additional reading tied to the genealogy. Take a break to read, add to Asean Now/Flipboard/Quora topics. Current evenings have been focused on re-watching, "The West Wing". Otherwise, hundreds of favorite movies to watch. And so it goes ...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

3?

You deserve it.

Well, they were all boys and I’ve heard boys are easier…

I’m pretty certain my hair would be completely white or totally gone, had I been ‘blessed’ with daughters!!

22 minutes ago, DBath said:

Well, they were all boys and I’ve heard boys are easier…

I’m pretty certain my hair would be completely white or totally gone, had I been ‘blessed’ with daughters!!

I've got a 7 year old daughter and 2 year old son.

I also have white hair now.

Thankfully its not gone yet.

They are so funny.  The thing kids say at this age are priceless.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Thanks 2