Residence Certificate - Need to get the "Landlord household book"

Hello again ???? 

I would like to make my Thai driver license. HuHu .. ???? Therefore I need the "Residence Certificate"

For the "residence certificate" the immigration bureau needs the "Landlord household book" !?

I'm a little bit confused about the Landlord household book what I have read so far online. I'm not the owner of the condo so I have to ask my Landlord about his "household book"?

And it must include my name? Must he apply for it to get me into this book? Or do I need to apply it for myself? 

Sorry , I never dealt with the "household book"  (Tabien Baan) and what I've read so far online it doesn't seems to be so easy?

Thank you very much

Thank you for you answer. 

No I don't have a work permit. I don't know if he got me registered in the TM30 system. I might be required? But I have to ask him. 

Would it be difficult for him to get my name in his household book? I see there is a yellow book especially for foreigners. But the process of getting it seems a little bit complicated. So if he refused to work with me to get one, or he don't know what to do, I cannot get the "residence certificate"  right?  sad.  

26 minutes ago, bestie said:

And it must include my name?

No

They simply want it as evidence that you are staying there legally, doesn't matter if nobody is registered in it.

You should have gotten the house book copy already when you signed the rental contract, together with a copy of the landlord's ID card (immigration probably also wants this)

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jackdd said:

No

They simply want it as evidence that you are staying there legally, doesn't matter if nobody is registered in it.

I was hopping to get this answer. Thank you so much. ????So I only need his household book without my name. That's great. I'm excited to make my drivers license. I will ask him tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Let's make this easy. 

Do a TM-30, ( if one has not been done you face a fine ) signing as POSSESSOR.  Back up your claim with: Rental agreement, utility bills and deposit receipts and 90 day report.  If you have mail in your name, take also. At least 2 PP size photos. ( have done 3 TM-30's with no problems the above way - it ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT THE IO WANTS ) Certificate of Residence was also issued at no cost - had to wait 3 days for current one. ( have heard of costs of 300 - 500+ THB)

OP, it wil come down to your local immigration office. 

Some offices will give out a Res Cert if you have a pulse, others may want to see a TM30 or long stay visa.

If you are on a long stay extension, doing 90 day reports etc, its probably just a matter of turning up and getting a Res Cert.

Most immigration offices that enforce a TM30, also want it for visa extensions, 90 day reports etc.

If a TM30 is required, its usually a matter of getting the landlord to do it, or doing it yourself as the possessor of the property. There are lots of TM30 threads, and different requirements, to do one, from office to office.

Foreigners cannot be registered in blue books, only Thais can.

Edited by Peterw42

You do not need to be in the tambien ban(housebook). You only need to show a copy of owners tambien ban and his/hers ID.

Also.. The most important. You need the rental contract. 

That should suffice.

If not... Stay one night in a hotel and use that address.

Just my opinion and experience especially when it comes to renting.  The question is never asked until the rent contract is signed?  Many locals renting have the money to buy and want to rent but all they want is the cash don't we all?  The question is never asked whether the owner will help you if necessary with any Immigration obligations particularly giving you a copy of blue book or whatever color one want to call it ownership book. Many owners renting are scared and will not help you because they think they will have to pay taxes the only business I know that does TM-30 are the hotels or resorts?

I have everything under my wife name, before I made addition copies for future use I had her sign the one copy also made a copy of her I.D. card also with her signature. When the TM-30 got popular a number of years ago when I needed to renew my license prior I was told I needed to register for the TM-30 just gave a copy front page and I was done.

As noted you don't need to have your name added just get a copy and have them sign personally I would see if I could get a copy sign of their I.D.  just tell them it is a requirement for you to rent and stay and you will do all the work.

Years ago I purchased a small Condo, after renovation I decided to rent it out I kept it vacant until I found the perfect tenant I reduced the rent and undercut I wanted a long term rental who wasn't a pack rat part of my rental agreement if he couldn't I would help him with any immigration needs that included providing him with ownership paper for the TM-30 or I will do it myself for him. The renter using Thailand as a based came and went at times out of the country so I showed him once thereafter he did it on his own after a number of years he loved the place so much make me a decent offer to buy.

It really is a easy process there isn't really anything to hide good luck!

On 9/11/2021 at 9:28 PM, Tropicalevo said:

If you have a work permit - that would do the job. Your address is in there.

If your landlord has registered you in the TM 30 immigration system, then you could use that. Immigration would be able to see your details.

Landlord registering anything on TM30 ....... just made my day! I know of landlords who lost their alien tenants over their non-compliance to TM30 as even Thais (as landlords) consider it a hopeless joke, when possibly millions of Thais do not live at the address they are officially registered! 

On a more constructive note, ask the Landlord for the copy; assuming that you have a rental contract. If you do NOT get the house register copy, then inform the immigration accordingly and give them the landlord's phone number .......... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

then inform the immigration accordingly and give them the landlord's phone number .......... 

Yep always have the Landlords phone number, (they normally insist on this when doing a TM30 yourself) if he won't give you a signed copy of book and  his ID they will phone him. 

• Like 1