Thailand reports 14,029 new COVID-19 cases, 15,742 recoveries, 180 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

Details of the two deaths in Phuket yesterday:

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/2-new-covid-19-deaths-in-phuket-only-15-of-hospital-beds-open

One lady , 65, high risk, only had one jab.  The other 70 year old man vaccinated with AZ but with pre existing heart condition and a smoker. 

85% hospital bed occupancy with only 3% classified as red patients with serious infection. 

HOSPITAL BEDS
DESCRIPTION TODAY CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY
Total hospital beds in Phuket 2,442 +81
Occupied hospital beds 2,067 +104
Available hospital beds 375 -23
Hospital bed occupancy rate 84.64% +1.5%

CONDITION OF HOSPITALISED PATIENTS
DESIGNATION DESCRIPTION TODAY CHANGE SINCE YESTERDAY
RED PATIENTS severe Covid-19 infections 34 0
YELLOW PATIENTS moderate Covid-19 infections 338 +1
GREEN PATIENTS mild Covid-19 symptoms 691 +17

Edited by Kadilo
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A user’s guide to Thailand’s new digital health pass

The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-users-guide-to-thailands-new-digital-health-pass/

Thats handy, so until its upated us foriegners can't eat at resturants from 1st Oct or board a domestic flight

• Like 1

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health has revealed that the main COVID-19 vaccine regimen for Thailand from now on will be the combination of Sinovac and AstraZeneca.

Department of Disease Control (DDC) Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong said the change for Sinovac as the first shot and AstraZeneca as the second is to speed up vaccinations. The AstraZeneca-AstraZeneca formula requires triple the waiting time between shots, at 12 weeks, compared to four weeks for the Sinovac-AstraZeneca regimen.

https://www.facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158248433687050/

17 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health has revealed that the main COVID-19 vaccine regimen for Thailand from now on will be the combination of Sinovac and AstraZeneca.

Department of Disease Control (DDC) Director-General Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong said the change for Sinovac as the first shot and AstraZeneca as the second is to speed up vaccinations. The AstraZeneca-AstraZeneca formula requires triple the waiting time between shots, at 12 weeks, compared to four weeks for the Sinovac-AstraZeneca regimen.

https://www.facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158248433687050/

My wife just got an sms she's booked in for an AZ vaccine booster next week, she had 2 shots sinovac in one of the first groups this year in Phuket. Seems like they are boosting everyone up in Phuket now not just frontline workers or elderly.

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats handy, so until its upated us foriegners can't eat at resturants from 1st Oct or board a domestic flight

If you got your vaccine here your certificate or some paperwork should have a 13 digit number on it starting with 600.   That’s the one you need to use with the app for the ID number.  Not sure what people need to do if they got their vaccine overseas though.  

• Like 1

When the number of Thai people who have had their 2 shots is 75 percent, including

teens and children, only then we should be satisfied. Only then the number of people getting sick and dying will

become less. Only then the General PM and his gang can start to brag that they have finally gotten the

Thailand population mostly vaccinated.  In the year 2022, I hope the vaccine program is finally successful.

Geezer

18 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

When the number of Thai people who have had their 2 shots is 75 percent, including

teens and children, only then we should be satisfied. Only then the number of people getting sick and dying will

become less. Only then the General PM and his gang can start to brag that they have finally gotten the

Thailand population mostly vaccinated.  In the year 2022, I hope the vaccine program is finally successful.

Geezer

The data is showing that the numbers getting infected  on a rolling 7 day average are already “becoming less.”

The vaccine program will have reached the “magic number” of 70% population double jabbed by end of this year (or probably sooner) 

Edited by Kadilo

7 hours ago, James105 said:

If you got your vaccine here your certificate or some paperwork should have a 13 digit number on it starting with 600.   That’s the one you need to use with the app for the ID number.  Not sure what people need to do if they got their vaccine overseas though.  

Yes thanks, I never got a number on my first shot but on Saturday I'm returning for the second so if its not given to me I'll ask about it.

COVID-19: Thailand reports 12,583 new coronavirus cases and 16,304 recoveries

COV13.JPG

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Monday (September 13) reported 12,583 new COVID-19 cases, 16,304 recoveries and 132 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1231297-covid-19-thailand-reports-12583-new-coronavirus-cases-and-16304-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin