A user’s guide to Thailand’s new digital health pass

webfact

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Maybe you got Pfizer? 3 weeks after 2nd Sinopharm is still yellow. Maybe depends on vaccine received...

Nope, Az x 2. 

#1 at Siriraj then organised #2 at Bang Sue coz Siriraj were uninterested in sorting out a sooner jab than the 16 week appointment they originally gave me (that was the government mandated delay at the time).

4 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

No. I was vaccinated in a vaccination site - no hospitals for the poor Sisaket folk. You have no idea have you?

I was also vaccinated in a vaccination site. Had to fill in a form with name, address, telephone  number, and provide copy of passport pages. Was given a small yellow card with the 13 digit number and date fo next appointment.

I was also told that two weeks after second jab I need to call the government hospital to make an appointment to pick up my vaccination certificate.

If the vaccination site you used was run by the government it might be worth asking your local Tessaban where you can get your vaccination certificate. Then you might at least have somewhere to call to check your details.

I also do not receive the OTP sms.  Have tried 4 times.  Can't read the Thai message that appears after about a minute of waiting.  ID code and phone number are those registered on the piece of paper given to me when I got my first jab.

Edited by pollyog
changed info

10 hours ago, webfact said:

the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering.

Nope.... I have Thai ID. Subscribed, and deleted app cause <deleted>. recently re-installed, and cant reset password

Wife same issue

MorMaiProm app

Edited by skippybangkok

3 hours ago, Kirb46Lam said:

So what do the people who have paid for and registered for Moderna do? 

Wait in our houses until some time next year when it starts to become available

That doesn't bother me so much I get food delivered via a cold box delivery

Just have to do 90 day reports and that is all

Family is different though they have registered and paid for Moderna. 

Seems like this was relatively first up on offers of vaccines earlier this year now it is last. 

You don't hear much about it in the news I read about Moderna once twice so far being available early sometime next year. 

Many of us paid for Moderna and then gave up, and got something else. After that ping pong started of how many they would import and who would get what, I just chose not to wait for it as I lost all confidence in it. If you get a chance to grab something else, take it and use Moderna as a booster later.

image.png.f9c9e9396613de47692a8a79aa0712dc.png

Blue column is first shot, yellowish orange is second shot, then the third column is how many moderna shots you would need as booster after that (last row is not received any), then in last column you have how long to wait. Most are > 1 month, 1x AZ is > months, 2x AZ or Sinovac+AZ is between 3 and 6 months (with recommendation of 2nd generation Moderna vaccine).

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

"The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering. "

This happens again and again... the simple solution to fix this repeated issue - is to issue encourage and issue the Thai ID (for a fee of course) (with an indicator that it is non-immigrant, non-work permit) to anyone with non-immigrant visa (annual).  The ID can have a link to the passport which means anyone holding it can leave their passport at home rather than bringing it for ID purposes (hotels etc.). 

Correct. I have tried twice in the last 4 years (pre-covid) to get both a yellow book and pink ID card, refused with a shrug - not for farang, migrant only. The boss at our local amphur is a bit of a donkey on even basic requests. Refused the wife a birth ccertificate copy after making her jump through many hoops. It would make life simpler for them and us if we all had a card.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Nope, Az x 2. 

#1 at Siriraj then organised #2 at Bang Sue coz Siriraj were uninterested in sorting out a sooner jab than the 16 week appointment they originally gave me (that was the government mandated delay at the time).

Good to know this. I am waiting for second AZ, but saw another person's app who got second Sinopharm about 20 August and it's still yellow.

6 hours ago, nowhereman said:

When you get vaccinated you get your 13 digit code (it starts with 600000******) on A4 paper form and you simply enter it instead of Thai ID. It works.

Not always.

My Wife (Thai) has 'no records found', and we both got vaccinated at a local walk in at the village hall. All handwritten paper procedures. Now I have to track down my 13 digit number, which will draw more blank looks I am sure.

6 hours ago, nowhereman said:

The claim in this news is false. I've been fully vaccinated and downloaded Morprom application. No problems to register. When you get vaccinated you get your 13 digit code (it starts with 600000******) on A4 paper form and you simply enter it instead of Thai ID. It works. The problem is that no one has mentioned that when I got vaccinated. Lack of good instruction is in Thailand unfortunately usual.

I downloaded the app. I have been vaccinated and I located this 13 digit number on my vaccination form and it still will not allow me to register on the Mor prom app.

So, it isn't working in my case at least.

16 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Yes, I installed it, just that I do not receive the OTP that it says it sent me.

If you get message that your records don't exist or phone number is incorrect, etc. it might be worth reaching out to place (hospital?) where you got the shot, and ask them to update your record. It's their job to do it. Mine is from Lat Phrao hospital and while I don't know when they did it, when app was installed, data was in it.

Of course it's possible they mistyped your phone number or something like that. It could also be system error for OTP system. Try again later. They are not charging you for SMS anyway, possibly just a delay from high number of messages in queue. It is also possible (if you have Android 10 or newer) that there is an app to filter out messages on your phone (like spam messages). Check if it got caught there. Some of my OTP got trapped in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cormanr7 said:

No it accepts the 13 digit ID given on the 'next appointment' slip after the first dose. The app will install, show data for your first shot and also show details of your next appointment.  That is how I (and many others) found out that my second shot had been advanced one week (never received mail or SMS). I am not sure how fast data are uploaded to the app, but in the case of my second shot, I checked after ca 24h and it was all there. 

my mistake - thanks for correcting it !

6 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

So what if you got your vaccination overseas ?  Or will you have to get again in Thailand ? 

I would not be surprised at all.

Tourists will arrive from every country in the world and find they're banned from going anywhere. Such success is coming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Maybe you got Pfizer? 3 weeks after 2nd Sinopharm is still yellow. Maybe depends on vaccine received...

No. Many Thai people and foreigners who got Sinovac got green, I checked with them ,during last few days.

Sinopharm is approved in Thailand.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-national-news/thailands-government-ponders-color-coded-vaccination-cards/

The yellow cards identify their holders who have been cured of Covid-19, whose immunity against the virus has been naturally developed.

Edited by EricTh

8 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

"The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering. "

This happens again and again... the simple solution to fix this repeated issue - is to issue encourage and issue the Thai ID (for a fee of course) (with an indicator that it is non-immigrant, non-work permit) to anyone with non-immigrant visa (annual).  The ID can have a link to the passport which means anyone holding it can leave their passport at home rather than bringing it for ID purposes (hotels etc.). 

I just use my Thai driving licence, it's accepted by hotels, banks, post office etc.

50 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I downloaded the app. I have been vaccinated and I located this 13 digit number on my vaccination form and it still will not allow me to register on the Mor prom app.

So, it isn't working in my case at least.

Try to reset your phone and enter your details again. That's what happened to me, maybe it will work. But don't forget to enter OTP code which you will receive SMS in your phone. I think this app is not very reliable, so try few times.

4 hours ago, Taccos said:

I tried to register with the 13 digit code which was accepted. However, I am still waiting for the SMS code to complete the registration. Shouldn‘t it come instantly?

I'm at the same spot, took about 5 trys to get to the second step.

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

This will not work as there is no reference to your ID card, which is what the airlines will check and then cross reference to the vaccination reference number. I suspect that the 13 digits are on the vaccination are only coincidence and offers no match to the ID being carried.

But the vaccination card states your name and passport number, which should be the same as the ID you are travelling on?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nowhereman said:

Yes, that's the code I am talking about. Starts with 600000 followed with 6 more digits. (example 600000123456). When you register you enter this code as Thai ID and enter your own password and few personal details like your phone number ect, then you get OTP code by SMS on your phone, enter that and you're ready to go.  

The Famous Yellow book has a 13 digit number  that's what we used to Register to Get the Jabs.

2 hours ago, Thaifly88 said:

This is incorrect, the app only accepts the 13 digit ID which is given to you after your second dose - nothing to do with Thai ID cards or passports. Once you enter the 13 digit ID it will produce a PDF titled Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination which will display your passport details separately.

No, it accepts the 13 digit code after the first vacc and shows the detail of your first vacc.

• Like 1