A user’s guide to Thailand’s new digital health pass

webfact

On 9/13/2021 at 5:12 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

"The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering. "

This happens again and again... the simple solution to fix this repeated issue - is to issue encourage and issue the Thai ID (for a fee of course) (with an indicator that it is non-immigrant, non-work permit) to anyone with non-immigrant visa (annual).  The ID can have a link to the passport which means anyone holding it can leave their passport at home rather than bringing it for ID purposes (hotels etc.). 

My Thai ID card cost 200 baht at my local Amphur.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:50 AM, nowhereman said:

The claim in this news is false. I've been fully vaccinated and downloaded Morprom application. No problems to register. When you get vaccinated you get your 13 digit code (it starts with 600000******) on A4 paper form and you simply enter it instead of Thai ID. It works. The problem is that no one has mentioned that when I got vaccinated. Lack of good instruction is in Thailand unfortunately usual.

tried it numerous times don't work, even with Thai wife help, i wasn't jabbed via mor phom or expatvac app but  via thailand intervac

36 minutes ago, steve187 said:

tried it numerous times don't work, even with Thai wife help, i wasn't jabbed via mor phom or expatvac app but  via thailand intervac

There is a lot of logistic confusion around this. Maybe the best way would be to contact 'Thailand Intervac' or just go to the place you were vaccinated. I am sure your data of vaccination is stored somewhere. Wish you best luck.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alyx said:

I am fully vaccinated but I still do not get the fact that all governments want to impose it to everyone. As for today, the percentage of persons fully vaccinated ( in Europe and soon in Thailand) has reached over 75%. A few more months 85/90 will be. Hence immunisation can be considered complete. Why forcing the few "resistants" into it? they take their responsibility and do not present a threat to the other vaccinated. And with so little people remaining they will not be a burden to hospitals, not withstanding the fact that hospitals will, at last, be able to take care of the more serious cases like diabetes, cancer and else, left on the roadside the past year or so

I agree with a lot of your points.

Congrats on being vaccinated.  I'm trying to get my wife vaccinated for a trip to the US in December.  Finding it difficult.  Only Sinovac mixed with Astra.  

Heres an interesting site with data all about COVID-19 below:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=OWID_WRL

Screenshot_20210914-085416.jpg

Just now, MrJ2U said:

Better hurry up.

Boosters are recommended after 6 months.

Couldn’t agree more …that being said it is recommended for vaccines used elsewhere …not sure about the ones used here 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I agree with a lot of your points.

Congrats on being vaccinated.  I'm trying to get my wife vaccinated for a trip to the US in December.  Finding it difficult.  Only Sinovac mixed with Astra.  

Heres an interesting site with data all about COVID-19 below:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=OWID_WRL

Screenshot_20210914-085416.jpg

Can't you get the Sinovac and/or vaccine for now, travel to the US and get two more shots. 

You would have to get a PCR test before departure (1 - 3 days I believe), and upon arrival last I saw the CDC recommended self-quarantine for 7 days and another PCR test 3+ days after arrival (there is no differentiation between vaccinated and non is there??). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Can't you get the Sinovac and/or vaccine for now, travel to the US and get two more shots. 

You would have to get a PCR test before departure (1 - 3 days I believe), and upon arrival last I saw the CDC recommended self-quarantine for 7 days and another PCR test 3+ days after arrival (there is no differentiation between vaccinated and non is there??). 

My wife won't touch Sinovac.

We're booked for Moderna for October.  But I am skeptical as they've ordered so few doses.

There offering Pfeizer for pregnant women but I had vasectomy.

Edited by MrJ2U

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

My wife won't touch Sinovac.

We're booked for Moderna for October.  But I am skeptical as they've ordered so few doses.

There offering Pfeizer for pregnant women but I had vasectomy.

Can't you find a doctor to give you a positive pregnancy cert ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Midwit said:

The real question that no one is asking is why?  Do you want to live your whole life downloading apps and presenting paperwork to do basic things?  Papers please to go eat dinner is not a world worth living in. We have been living under a system that demands you to wear a face mask while alone outside, in a car with another person (even if they are members of your household.  They forced businesses to close and continue to order you to be home by 9:00. All of this for a disease with a very very high survival rate. So when when Covid goes away what are the odds that all of these new controls will go away with it?  

The problem is hospitals are overwhelmed by Covid sufferers, many of whom are unvaccinated, and other patients waiting for an operation, a transplant or regular treatment have to wait: some may die because of that. So the disease may have a high survival rate but think about this. Think also about the dedicated but overworked and overwhelmed hospital staff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

It's even easier than that. When you get your second jab, you're given a certificate. In the upper right hand corner is a QR code. Point your lens at that QR code using any QR reader. Your pass pops up on your screen. Download it or save a screenshot. Done. 

I did that but i think its not enough as its just an computer generated image one that can be falsified easy. The app registration can't be falsified. So they might not accept your proof.

I got the app used the number. Had to wait some time for the SMS but it now works good.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:54 AM, IamNoone88 said:

This will not work as there is no reference to your ID card, which is what the airlines will check and then cross reference to the vaccination reference number. I suspect that the 13 digits are on the vaccination are only coincidence and offers no match to the ID being carried.

I used the pink ID card when I got vaccinated, and in my vaccination process (2nd dose) I was given a paper certificate identifying vaccines by lot# and date. The certificate used the same 13 digit # as my pink card, but my name and address was entirely in Thai. After getting jabbed and waiting the half hour to be observed for effects, I went back, said I needed something in English, and for my passport# to be included. 
A 2nd Cert was generated - including my name/ address in English, plus adding my passport #. The QR code is the same. I scanned both to my computer, inserted the English version into the back of my passport (the only time I'll need it is if I leave) and have the Thai version in a zip-lock bag for examination if needed.

As for the App - my phone is only used as a phone, not connected to the internet. Can a person log onto MorProm via computer, and get the image to store on their phone that way? Hmmmm?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, canthai55 said:

Mine is in English

I think the whole list of problems stems from a lack of a unified system.

Wall of Chiang Mai gave me one number, vaccine at McCormick uses another, Pink ID card uses another. All 13 digits

If all were tied to the one number it would make it seamless.

Still can't get the OTP - used all 3 13 digit numbers, would not accept Pink ID card but others went thru.

Tried again today

13 digit given on Wall of CNX - did not work

13 digit on the Vaccine Form received at McCormick Hospital after second dose - worked.

Had to uninstall Mor Prompt and reinstall to enable me to input the different number

On 9/13/2021 at 5:12 AM, bkkcanuck8 said:

"The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering. "

This happens again and again... the simple solution to fix this repeated issue - is to issue encourage and issue the Thai ID (for a fee of course) (with an indicator that it is non-immigrant, non-work permit) to anyone with non-immigrant visa (annual).  The ID can have a link to the passport which means anyone holding it can leave their passport at home rather than bringing it for ID purposes (hotels etc.). 

Isn’t that, kinda, what the pink ID card is for?

On 9/13/2021 at 8:11 AM, Crossy said:

That's the Vaccination Certificate, the Digital Health Pass says "Thailand Digital Health Pass" at the top, the big QR code leads to the certificate you show.

Do you have the Morprompt app on your device (Android only it seems)?

The Vaccination Certificate I received via "Line" shows all the correct vaccine information but not my name and personal details. Is this certificate linked to the Digital Health Pass which I have not tried to initiate yet?

Thank you

20 minutes ago, bdenner said:

The Vaccination Certificate I received via "Line" shows all the correct vaccine information but not my name and personal details. Is this certificate linked to the Digital Health Pass which I have not tried to initiate yet?

Thank you

Yeah, just checked mine, going via the QR on the Digital Health Pass it has a certificate number but not my name.

21 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, just checked mine, going via the QR on the Digital Health Pass it has a certificate number but not my name.

Same here.

Has Certificate Number, also vaccination dates and vaccine type, with what I think is probably the batch number.

No personal information at all.

20 minutes ago, doctormann said:

I don't know, how many doses in a batch and what is the shelf life?

I know a lot of people didn't bother but I photographed all my documentation during the 30 minute observation period. Attached is the sticker which came off the syringe.

Exp 2021-11 = I assume that is if the viles are kept at -70 Deg C

On the right shows the time and date the vile was decanted to the syringe

It expires 6 hours later, I was vaccinated at 13:28

Jab Details.jpg

57 minutes ago, bdenner said:

I know a lot of people didn't bother but I photographed all my documentation during the 30 minute observation period. Attached is the sticker which came off the syringe.

Exp 2021-11 = I assume that is if the viles are kept at -70 Deg C

On the right shows the time and date the vile was decanted to the syringe

It expires 6 hours later, I was vaccinated at 13:28

Jab Details.jpg

That LN - lot number/batch number - is exactly the same that is on my certificate.

Where were you jabbed?  I was done at Central Festival, Pattya, on 19/08 and 09/09.  Seems that we were all done with the same batch.  Maybe the Pfizer donation that came from the USA, which I'm assuming is what we received, was just one lot/batch or maybe it was split and different batches went to different vaccination centres.  

Anyway, the shelf life, while refrigerated, seems to be several months - just a few hours once out of the fridge though, which is what you would expect.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:19 PM, Caldera said:

Praise where praise is due. I just had my 2nd jab and my Mor Phrom app can now be used to show my "Digital Health Pass". Name, passport number, QR code - should be easy to check and to validate if and when needed.

Got my 2nd AZ shot yesterday at Medpark and within a couple of hours the Vaccine Certificate and Health Pass were both in my Mor Phrom app ok...

NOTE!!!!

Take a screenshot of both.

I've then kept a copy of both those screenshots (tidied up to remove borders) in a folder on my phone - and also added both in the phone's Notes App.

Any app issues or unable to access internet for whatever reason (e.g. when travelling) will be not a problem.