A user’s guide to Thailand’s new digital health pass

webfact

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Hilarious, just as they scrap a similar proposed system in the UK

Oh?  Since when is the UK a model for effective public health in the pandemic?

Covid deaths per hundred thousand

UK                                                      201.2

Thailand                                             20.36

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Edited by cmarshall
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fangless said:

Where do you download it.

No link provided in either the OP or the linked article to take you to the Official site rather than looking up and downloading a rogue app from some similar sounding fake site!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mor.promplus&fbclid=IwAR3YWr2FhDDj5txfQnVIF_UCxQkKixbNrAg9GUC81HbGL3ibkyUkYIf8KdM

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

"The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering. "

This happens again and again... the simple solution to fix this repeated issue - is to issue encourage and issue the Thai ID (for a fee of course) (with an indicator that it is non-immigrant, non-work permit) to anyone with non-immigrant visa (annual).  The ID can have a link to the passport which means anyone holding it can leave their passport at home rather than bringing it for ID purposes (hotels etc.). 

You speak wisdom and common sense! Thats why they won't implement it here!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nowhereman said:

The claim in this news is false. I've been fully vaccinated and downloaded Morprom application. No problems to register. When you get vaccinated you get your 13 digit code (it starts with 600000******) on A4 paper form and you simply enter it instead of Thai ID. It works. The problem is that no one has mentioned that when I got vaccinated. Lack of good instruction is in Thailand unfortunately usual.

agree you need the 13 digit vaccination code

Hopefully as this rolls out this will encourage people to get vaccinated.

It may not be perfect.  This nudge is needed for people who for some reason or conspiracy theory are not inclined to be vaccinated.

Now all Thailand needs is quality vaccines.  Sinovac is a major stumbling block as many Thais don't trusted it.  

For good reason.

4 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

"The pass can be downloaded via the Mohpromt application. However, the app currently accepts only 13-digit Thai ID numbers, meaning expats may have difficulty registering. "

This happens again and again... the simple solution to fix this repeated issue - is to issue encourage and issue the Thai ID (for a fee of course) (with an indicator that it is non-immigrant, non-work permit) to anyone with non-immigrant visa (annual).  The ID can have a link to the passport which means anyone holding it can leave their passport at home rather than bringing it for ID purposes (hotels etc.). 

Oh, you mean the Thai authorities finally making things easier for the tens of thousands of expats legally residing in their country? Fat chance. 

34 minutes ago, Taccos said:

I tried to register with the 13 digit code which was accepted. However, I am still waiting for the SMS code to complete the registration. Shouldn‘t it come instantly?

I tried 3 times to get the OTP, it says it was sent. I still have not received it

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

To much thinking involved and not enough tea

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

a very recent u turn, ministers were talking it up a few days ago. i'm sure the government here is capable of doing similar once the reality and practicality dawn...

And once again foreign residents not considered, 

Thailand didn't seem to have received the news yet that vaccinated can be just as much - if not more - infectious as unvaccinated people, and they can carry a MULTIPLE of the viral load than unvaccinated. After all, that's the reason why Israelis have seen an enourmous spike in infections despite even being *triple* vaccinated, or why England dumped all plans for a 'vaccination pass' just yesterday...

What's exactly the purpose of this 'pass' - to give these people a false sense of security and make them super-spreaders, so that even the healthy get infected?

I'm not afraid of this virus as I don't belong to a risk group, but I don't want to be treated like a second-class person although I am HEALTHY while others may very well NOT! ????‍♂️

Edited by pepi2005
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, futsukayoi said:

So all the sandbox tourists who were vaccinated overseas will be unable to fly, go into restaurants etc.  That should get them flooding in.

No. We were all required to download and activate an app before clearing immi in Phuket. Has your pic and a QR code. Had to check-in at hotel once/day by letting them scan the QR code. They also asked to scan it flying over to U Tapao from Phuket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

This is incorrect, the app only accepts the 13 digit ID which is given to you after your second dose - nothing to do with Thai ID cards or passports. Once you enter the 13 digit ID it will produce a PDF titled Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination which will display your passport details separately.

3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I tried it with my 60000 number - it said my phone number was not registered with health dept. Do not too quick to praise this.

Ring up the facility that administered your vaccination. Quote your Vax ID number, and ask them to add your mobile phone to the associated data.

The information required for using the Mor Prom app is:

1) 13 digit Vax ID or 13 digit Thai ID

2) your mobile phone number

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nowhereman said:

The claim in this news is false. I've been fully vaccinated and downloaded Morprom application. No problems to register. When you get vaccinated you get your 13 digit code (it starts with 600000******) on A4 paper form and you simply enter it instead of Thai ID. It works. The problem is that no one has mentioned that when I got vaccinated. Lack of good instruction is in Thailand unfortunately usual.

Not false for me! I have tried every avenue. It appears that somewhere along the endless paperwork someone entered my details incorrectly. They cannot (or will not) issue me any proof of vaccination. They will not let me get vaccinated again as they have my records- they say.

The logical suggestion; that if they have records to say I was vaccinated then they can issue me a certificate, is met with blank stares and "computer says no".

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Thaifly88 said:

This is incorrect, the app only accepts the 13 digit ID which is given to you after your second dose

No it accepts the 13 digit ID given on the 'next appointment' slip after the first dose. The app will install, show data for your first shot and also show details of your next appointment.  That is how I (and many others) found out that my second shot had been advanced one week (never received mail or SMS). I am not sure how fast data are uploaded to the app, but in the case of my second shot, I checked after ca 24h and it was all there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Midwit said:

The real question that no one is asking is why?  Do you want to live your whole life downloading apps and presenting paperwork to do basic things?  Papers please to go eat dinner is not a world worth living in. We have been living under a system that demands you to wear a face mask while alone outside, in a car with another person (even if they are members of your household.  They forced businesses to close and continue to order you to be home by 9:00. All of this for a disease with a very very high survival rate. So when when Covid goes away what are the odds that all of these new controls will go away with it?  

Right, and you can check the likely risk you have from Covid here: 

https://qcovid.org/Home/AcademicLicence?licencedUrl=%2FCalculation

I have a 0.0044% chance of dying of Covid and a 0.053% chance of going into hospital.....