A user’s guide to Thailand’s new digital health pass

webfact

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

If you get message that your records don't exist or phone number is incorrect, etc. it might be worth reaching out to place (hospital?) where you got the shot, and ask them to update your record. It's their job to do it. Mine is from Lat Phrao hospital and while I don't know when they did it, when app was installed, data was in it.

Of course it's possible they mistyped your phone number or something like that. It could also be system error for OTP system. Try again later. They are not charging you for SMS anyway, possibly just a delay from high number of messages in queue. It is also possible (if you have Android 10 or newer) that there is an app to filter out messages on your phone (like spam messages). Check if it got caught there. Some of my OTP got trapped in there.

Thank you

I entered the 13 digit password as was on my vaccination card and it doesn't work at all. It says in Thai ' not registered '

I entered my pink ID card it it gets me to stage 2 but no OTP arrives.

Tomorrow I got to the city for second Pfizer dose and will take the Phone with the installed app and show it to them at the health centre to see if they can cast any light on it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EricTh said:

No. Many Thai people and foreigners who got Sinovac got green, I checked with them ,during last few days.

Sinopharm is approved in Thailand.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-national-news/thailands-government-ponders-color-coded-vaccination-cards/

The yellow cards identify their holders who have been cured of Covid-19, whose immunity against the virus has been naturally developed.

OK, so maybe it's just a delay. But my friend's status nearly a month after second jab of Sinopharm is still yellow. So I expected that maybe around now (3 weeks) or in a week (a month) it should turn green. But as of this moment it is same yellow as me with 1x AZ.

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Praise where praise is due. I just had my 2nd jab and my Mor Phrom app can now be used to show my "Digital Health Pass". Name, passport number, QR code - should be easy to check and to validate if and when needed.

I will check again with them tomorrow after second injection and see if I can then register.

Yesterday i helped some one doing this,we just scanned the square on her

vaccination paper and done.

Maybe this helps.

Then took a screenshot and now she has that info as picture  on her phone.

I have no idea id that is enough but it was all in Thai so we hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

OK, so maybe it's just a delay. But my friend's status nearly a month after second jab of Sinopharm is still yellow. So I expected that maybe around now (3 weeks) or in a week (a month) it should turn green. But as of this moment it is same yellow as me with 1x AZ.

I think you didn't read my link carefully. Yellow card is for those who were infected with the real virus and have recovered.

15 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yesterday i helped some one doing this,we just scanned the square on her

vaccination paper and done.

Maybe this helps.

Then took a screenshot and now she has that info as picture  on her phone.

I have no idea id that is enough but it was all in Thai so we hope for the best.

Mine is in English

I think the whole list of problems stems from a lack of a unified system.

Wall of Chiang Mai gave me one number, vaccine at McCormick uses another, Pink ID card uses another. All 13 digits

If all were tied to the one number it would make it seamless.

Still can't get the OTP - used all 3 13 digit numbers, would not accept Pink ID card but others went thru.

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Hopefully as this rolls out this will encourage people to get vaccinated.

It may not be perfect.  This nudge is needed for people who for some reason or conspiracy theory are not inclined to be vaccinated.

Now all Thailand needs is quality vaccines.  Sinovac is a major stumbling block as many Thais don't trusted it.  

For good reason.

Yea, look at Israel, the most va*xed country in the world, currently on their 3rd and 4th shot

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&facet=none&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=location&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=THA~ISR

4 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

Thailand didn't seem to have received the news yet that vaccinated can be just as much - if not more - infectious as unvaccinated people, and they can carry a MULTIPLE of the viral load than unvaccinated. After all, that's the reason why Israelis have seen an enourmous spike in infections despite even being *triple* vaccinated, or why England dumped all plans for a 'vaccination pass' just yesterday...

What's exactly the purpose of this 'pass' - to give these people a false sense of security and make them super-spreaders, so that even the healthy get infected?

I'm not afraid of this virus as I don't belong to a risk group, but I don't want to be treated like a second-class person although I am HEALTHY while others may very well NOT! ????‍♂️

Agree! In our village, next to everyone use facemask.Yesterday,a lot of people were vaccinated here (first jab),and today,almost nobody use mask! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kwonitoy said:

But I  don't get a SMS, That's the problem. Try again tomorrow 

Do you have a dual SIM phone?  If so, make sure that the SIM in use is set to receive SMS.  Also, you might try turning on your Data Service - I've known this to be necessary sometimes for receiving SMS.

1 hour ago, doctormann said:

Do you have a dual SIM phone?  If so, make sure that the SIM in use is set to receive SMS.  Also, you might try turning on your Data Service - I've known this to be necessary sometimes for receiving SMS.

Got it to work about 5:30pm, just takes time to get into the system.

4 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Get vaccinated. 

Your antivax message is irrational and irritating.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

I just tried to register on the Mohprompt App , put the ID number in and my telephone number but a message pops up in Thai that my telephone number not recognized !

OK - so I had my vaccinations done at a private hospital - Medpark - and the gave me the correct vaccination certificate with ID and QR code .

I used the QR to access the MOPH site and received my Certificate of Vaccination from their website to my phone !!  so my telephone number must be registered with MOPH ????   so why can't I now register to get the digital health pass ???  beats me !!!  

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

Hilarious, just as they scrap a similar proposed system in the UK

Since when was England the UK?

Vaccine passports will still come into force in Scotland despite the plans for England being scrapped.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vaccine-passports-still-have-part-to-play-insists-nicola-sturgeon-jlb6gwvn0

Just had a week in Scotland, certainly a lot more effort being made there to reduce the spread, quite frightening the way the English are behaving. Not looking good, Bojo will jump anyway he can to avoid the heat. 

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Since when was England the UK?

Vaccine passports will still come into force in Scotland despite the plans for England being scrapped.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vaccine-passports-still-have-part-to-play-insists-nicola-sturgeon-jlb6gwvn0

Just had a week in Scotland, certainly a lot more effort being made there to reduce the spread, quite frightening the way the English are behaving. Not looking good, Bojo will jump anyway he can to avoid the heat. 

Bojo is starting to base decisions off the people he was elected by?   What a terrible thing to do.

I wonder what the people who have been double vaccinated abroad will present as proof or if their evidence will be recognised.. That concerns as much Thai Nationals as foreigners as I know quite a few Thai persons who took this route a few months ago

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Get vaccinated. 

Your antivax message is irrational and irritating.

I am fully vaccinated but I still do not get the fact that all governments want to impose it to everyone. As for today, the percentage of persons fully vaccinated ( in Europe and soon in Thailand) has reached over 75%. A few more months 85/90 will be. Hence immunisation can be considered complete. Why forcing the few "resistants" into it? they take their responsibility and do not present a threat to the other vaccinated. And with so little people remaining they will not be a burden to hospitals, not withstanding the fact that hospitals will, at last, be able to take care of the more serious cases like diabetes, cancer and else, left on the roadside the past year or so

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alyx said:

I am fully vaccinated but I still do not get the fact that all governments want to impose it to everyone. As for today, the percentage of persons fully vaccinated ( in Europe and soon in Thailand) has reached over 75%. A few more months 85/90 will be. Hence immunisation can be considered complete. Why forcing the few "resistants" into it? they take their responsibility and do not present a threat to the other vaccinated. And with so little people remaining they will not be a burden to hospitals, not withstanding the fact that hospitals will, at last, be able to take care of the more serious cases like diabetes, cancer and else, left on the roadside the past year or so

Your thinking is too logical.

16 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

If I want to use Mor Prom to show to, say a restaurant to prove I have been vaccinated do I need an internet connection?   

I expect you do... but why not carry a picture on the phone's memory of the vaccination certificate? That would suffice, when and IF they start asking. 

• Thanks 1