Foreigner criticized after taxi attack over 10 baht - claimed driver took a detour

webfact

3 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

No he didn't.

He attacked him because the foreigner was an a$$.

9 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Just shows that speaking Thai does not make you smarter….

Yeah speaks volumes about Thais who all speak thai  right?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Yes, I've sees this many times over the years. If someone is ripping me off I tend to make a noise, pay them if it's not overly high and then don't use them again. If I get a fair bill and what I ordered that's where the tips come in.

I'm known to be quite a generous tipper by everyone who deals with me on a regular basis and believe me, this policy always more than pays off in the long run.

I've been doing this for decades even though I come from the UK where tipping is not (or wasn't) generally much of a thing - this policy works well everywhere.

I don't go over the top, to me it's pocket change but I know it makes a difference to service people.

When I order something online from a local store, even something like a sandwich, the delivery people all know me well, I'm the guy who buys them a cheap lunch for good service - and surprisingly enough I always get good service - they tend to go the extra mile when I place an order.

Same here, I usually tip even if going short distance on motorcy or regular taxi. Has beeen repaid as I have been waiting sometime in the rain and taxi has pulled over for me without me waving them down and with Thai standing around me becuase they recognise me as the guy who always give them a tip. Even in resturant, cashier and waitress know I tip so when they had lockdown and had to call for take out had a waitrees in Foodland follow me into their supurmarket and said if you want something Tony just tell me and we will bring it over to  you when you finish shopping.

31 minutes ago, brian2f2f said:

If ekamai to pra khanong BTS why not just walk. It's like 5-10 min walk. But depending where in pra khanong impossible could be only 40 baht as the starting price is 35. I could see around 40 baht just from BTS to BTS on sukumvit because of traffic. If it really is BTS to BTS then the real problem is the forienger is too lazy to spend a few mins walking. Unfortunately we don't know where in ekamai picked up and where in pra khanong dropped off at. But 50 baht dose not sound unreasonable for that area for that distance based on traffic. 

Wow ... bet you that investigation would cost more than 10baht ...lol !