House Boundary question......and a bonus grass seed question.

Silencer

1) I will be building a house on Samui next year and I have a perimeter wall around the property (set about 250mm inside property line). The property has a small government unpaved road on two sides that leads to three other houses, no sidewalks. I was originally planning to have a garage gate, (or roll up door) positioned between the opening in the perimeter wall but was told that any such garage door would need to be set back 2M from the road (despite the wall being only 250mm from the road. Although I'm told this would unlikely be enforced I want to be in compliance if indeed the garage door must be set back 2M. Anyone know the rule for this and where I can find it? I have found information on walls and roof distances from neighbors but nothing specifically call out garage doors.

2) Are large bags of different types of grass seed not a thing in Thailand? Have not come across them in my travels. Any sources for it on the island?   Cheers.

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

That's true. Any building construction needs to be two meters inside your own land counted from public areas (road), and three meters from water edge.

You can build one meter from boundary to neighbor if it's without any openings, two meter inside your own land if any openings, i.e. windows and doors and like - and garage door - but if you get a (preferably written) permission from your neighbor that allows you to make "openings", then one meter is Okay...????

Be aware of zone regulations, which define size of building; separation to next building; number of floors; total height to roof-edge in meters; and materials for roof, which shall be in natural colors - i.e. no blue roof - and 70 percent (if I remember correctly) of the construction needs to be with sloping roof...????

You can find Samui's zone-rules HERE; and rules and zone-map HERE; and more about building a house on Samui and needed permissions HERE...????

Thanks. I now understand the garage movable gate would be considered as part of 'the building' in terms of the boundary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...