Koh Samui: Immigration nab Hungarian widow on 4,165 day overstay

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na urged the public to continue to call 1178 to report foreigners so that Thailand's security could be maintained

Keeping Thailand safe? What a crock!!! The "local criminal element" doesn't want it's "turf" invaded by rival gangs. In this particular case "the blue hair gang" ???? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why did immigration suddenly notice her after all these years?

Does someone want her "out the way" ?

Exactly, from the photo she doesn't look like a dosser and they don't normally do spot checks on random farang (do they?) so possibly someone ratted her out. As our American cousins say. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Such a dangerous person?

Whilst I do not condone people who overstay or break the law, this lady is not really a threat to Thailand's security.

Correct, what amazes me is how these long overstayers survived financially, without detection.

I say good luck to her, and if i was the LOS boss I would grant her residence.

Well done I hope you r treated with respect and kindness. 

• Like 1

So they have started wandering the beaches asking every foreigner they see for identification ? 
Yet blatantly obvious criminals can be seen around the place without having to look to hard , but they are never troubled . Wonder if they found any bars selling alcohol while walking the beaches on their mega crime bust ! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ronster said:

So they have started wandering the beaches asking every foreigner they see for identification ? 
Yet blatantly obvious criminals can be seen around the place without having to look to hard , but they are never troubled . Wonder if they found any bars selling alcohol while walking the beaches on their mega crime bust ! ????

They must be using 4x4 smart BMW's otherwise how did they get on the beech to nab her?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

Its not the first time I've heard about 10+ years of overstay.

At 40 days overstay, the maximum fine is 20,000 baht. Might as well carry on? I have heard that argument used.

11 years worth of visas is probably more than 20,000 baht with all of the other costs.

34 minutes ago, thaibreaker said:

The moral side of it, well that's another thing. 

• Like 1

the expat community seems rife with illegal immigrants ... but it seems that Thai immigration isn't very good at catching up with them and when they do, they don't seem to understand how to deal humanely with these people.

it just makes them look bad.

PS - presumably her husband was a foreigner?

Edited by Thunglom