Koh Samui: Immigration nab Hungarian widow on 4,165 day overstay

webfact

2 minutes ago, RobU said:

I hope so, it would obviously take 4,165 days to do it properly,

Breaking News, 12 people arrested for illegal entry into Thailand, they so sorry , our guide run away, take my 30,000 Bht, for safe journey he say no require work permit you can not get covid in LOS.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Overstaying is very silly in the country of smart cars, smart phones, smart cops and smart people.

If you want to be a criminal here, better bring a few kilos of heroin to Australia and become a member of the smart government later.

Smart cops??????

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Overstaying is very silly in the country of smart cars, smart phones, smart cops and smart people.

If you want to be a criminal here, better bring a few kilos of heroin to Australia and become a member of the smart government later.

Or bring liquor with the helicopter.

6 hours ago, nausea said:

Talk about kicking a (wo)man when (s)he's down. One really does wonder at the mentality of these people, parading some hapless woman in public, as though it's a great achievement of which to be proud. OK, I know you have to do your job, but don't make a song and dance about it; 

Its the Thai unway of thinking... like when they get yelled at  when at school.. the brain doesnt function...  perhaps they should shoot her?   thus protecting thailand?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why did immigration suddenly notice her after all these years?

Does someone want her "out the way" ?

How did her Husband die ?

What will happen to their business ?

Who will inherit it ?

Good questions. I wonder how and why the police identified her on the beach. Strange.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

One has to admire the courage of these brave men in uniform. Thailand is so much safer now that they've finally caught this highly dangerous European Widow. Extraordinary brave in the face of danger. Well done Thailands finest. I will sleep well in the knowledge that this potential Terror threat has been nullified. 

Don't forget to wear your mask before you go to sleep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

An overstay is an overstay but to dramatize this harmless issue is seriously over the top and in line with the ongoing "Farang Bashing".

Immigration Bureau chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang needs to be promoted to General-General for his successful hunting of dangerous elements by criminal foreign elements, such as this Hungarian widow. 

Well done - Sompong - keep up the good work. 

Naew Na must be thanked with three Big Wai to the floor and back to remind the superior Khon Thai to report all foreigners, guilty or not, on 1178 to maintain Thailand's security.

Maybe "Naew Na Farang Basher Newspaper" might push for a Four Digit phone number on Koh Tao with the Telephone Organization of Thailand. Plenty of "unsolved" murder cases pending against exclusively Farang - and yes, keep up the good work in promoting Thailand as a tourist destination. 

What a dual tier society ................ 

let’s give them another high season with no western tourists for publishing a photograph of this old woman. Catch her, process her, punish her. But publish her crime? That’s over the top.

I’m just loving the payback time.  IO income must be in the toilet with so few kickbacks due to no tourists.

• Like 1

You guys will always mock and laugh from any official regulatory legal act. Hello, it’s almost 12 years overstay. Not a week. Not a month. We, the normative people sweat our blood every year to arrange the money and the documents to extend our visas but it was not touching her. This woman expressed the lowest level of law abiding and should be punished severely.  

Edited by fakser
  • Haha 2

4,165 days of overstay? This shows that immigration officers are not doing their job.

The woman will be banned from entering Thailand for 10 years ban.

I think it's too lenient considering that she overstayed for more than 10 years. 20,000 baht fine is nothing for her.

• Overstay more than 5 Years = 10 years ban from Thailand and 20,000 baht overstay fine
Edited by EricTh

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

How the heck can anyone end up on 4,165 days of overstay? 

..what's more surprising is how the local authorities had no idea...really? LOL

Was her husband Thai...or foreigner on overstay as well? How does one run a business and be able to fly under the radar...I get it...TiT ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Such a dangerous person?

Whilst I do not condone people who overstay or break the law, this lady is not really a threat to Thailand's security.

They are truly the villain’s, just look at the real big “Overall” picture!    It doesn’t take a rocket scientist ????‍???? to explain this.... 

1 hour ago, falang1969 said:

Can you imagine if UK Borderforce did this for every illegal immigrant or overstayer in the UK?

For a start they would need 1000's more staff for finger pointing!

She does look like an international high security threat though! 

Brown envelopes stopped when the husband died, then it became time to arrest the widow

Firstly, I deplore the parading and publicity the Thais use for someone in a situation like this.

Secondly, why are so many here confused as to how she was caught at this time? Her husband died this month, so of course normal checks and procedures would reveal his, and her, status.

Thirdly, why the absolute certainty that she is elderly ( she doesn't look that old in the photos -none of the articles seem to give her age) and an innocent, despite her long term law breaking here? 

Is the assumption that because she is female and recently widowed that she must be purer than the driven snow? Some of the worst crims I've come across have been female.

There has to be a reason they've been hiding out in Thailand for over 11 years. There are so many legal and illegal ways to get a visa here. People like that generally have a history in their home country.

I'll be interested in the type of business her husband had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1