Koh Samui: Immigration nab Hungarian widow on 4,165 day overstay

webfact

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why did immigration suddenly notice her after all these years?

Does someone want her "out the way" ?

How did her Husband die ?

What will happen to their business ?

Who will inherit it ?

15 years in business so probably profitable.

A case that I am familiar with, in Europe, had vulture asset strippers flying in already same day.

They stand to attention as if it the crime of the century. I can understand she is a danger to the innocent public NOT. i hope she ok and treat her well. Who knows why she did not get a visa i would think it would be complicated for her.  

I guess she is more important than the drunk driver who killed a police sergeant…..was his name Johnny Walker, or maybe Red Bull….it’s been so long it’s hard to remember. Feel sorry for the lady. Something fishy about the story being picked up on the beach. But I’m sure Interpol is tracking him down as we speak…..now there is a real threat to the Thai police driving around drunk mowing down cops and blaming the butler.

The Immigration Boss should be hanging his head in shame not plastering this all over the news.

The system is obviously broken or was never fixed in the first place.

Do they really have any idea of just how many overstayers there are?

Dob in the wrong person & get a bounty on your head,,,,,,no thanks

• Like 2

These guys deserve a bonus for nabbing her. Who knows what she is? She could be a Mexican drug lord. She could be a Hungarian weapons dealer. She could be a Chinese child trafficker. Maybe she's an Italian mobster. One thing we do know is that she ain't some innocent old lady. Look at how her hands clutch her purse. She's a hardened criminal through and through. Book her Dan-O!! Cue the music and credits.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I'm sure Thailand will do the right thing by her. I wonder if anyone contacted her family in Hungry

I understand that Immigration will contact her Embassy here in Thailand with a request for her Department of Interior to contact any Family she may have in her home Country, who will then ask the relatives if they will pay for her repatriation.  If the answer is no, then the Thai Government will pay the bill.  In the mean time, she will languish in jail on Koh Samui.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It is a good indication of the hassle to get your "stay" documents in orders..

90 days reporting, the hassle with money in the bank, running to immigration every year..  always documents and always fees. 

things were different in 2009... and especially staying in a small island. quite difficult to keep up the documents up to date.

if I recall, the penalty of overstay was Bht20k maximum.. but now , they put you on a black list.

the woman is probably running her husband business. Keep the economy going.

I guess they will hit her with a large tax bill too.

Sad.  This is very telling to anyone who has questions/thoughts about what to expect if they were to come to Thailand.  This may be the perfect ad of caution, and goes directly in opposition to what the media says Thai citizens want (eg. more visitors).  However as one post mentioned… it is very much in line with the “perpetual scam” culture the Govt naturally breads here as I have witnessed.  None the less, to even mention it is reflective of their Charecter, which IMPO is sad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

so 11 years and 7 months without the proper documents, doesn't say much for those guys on such a small island, hopefully they will take it easy on her...

Maybe they don’t allow cars so Agent BMW couldn’t do its duties ... 555

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Breaking News, 12 people arrested for illegal entry into Thailand, they so sorry , our guide run away, take my 30,000 Bht, for safe journey he say no require work permit you can not get covid in LOS.

Hi kiwikeith I don't understand the point of your post