COVID-19: Thailand reports 14,555 new coronavirus cases, 171 deaths

webfact

11 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

This is your second posting today regarding Thailand's ranking in the world regarding Covid.  I think the figures you chose do not fairly represent the situation at present.  A better snapshot of where Thailand is today compared to other countries are depicted with the following statistics:

New Cases- 29th

New Deaths- 13th

Active cases- 17th

Serious/Critical- 7th

The problem with the other statistics is that for the first year, Thailand was able to avoid trouble, and that skews the statistics.  But since April, things have changed, and this snapshot gives a much fairer indication where we stand today.  

Link?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Again. You keep saying this but every expert in the world says DELTA is a totally different thing. Like a new pandemic in it's own right. From April 1st this year I'm pretty sure Thailand would not be ranked 124th. I have previously posted a comparison between the UK and Thailand with deaths attributed to B.1.617 from Apr 1st to Sept 15. Thailand has almost double the deaths in this period.

Feel free to post your data as I will mine. 

The fact remains that Thailand sits at 124th in world for death rates/million population as recorded by worldometer. 

Whether that ranking is reduced over time we will see. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The fact remains that Thailand sits at 124th in world for death rates/million population as recorded by worldometer. 

how do they compare with China?

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It is strange how they have managed this. 

I would have thought some of the far Northern villages where there is virtually no Covid recoded would have been lowest priority but many o am familiar with have been fully jabbed for a while 

The majority of the teachers in my daughter's school haven't even had their first shot yet, this is in Kanchanaburi. Absolutely appalling failure of priorities imho.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mtraveler said:

This is your second posting today regarding Thailand's ranking in the world regarding Covid.  I think the figures you chose do not fairly represent the situation at present.  A better snapshot of where Thailand is today compared to other countries are depicted with the following statistics:

New Cases- 29th

New Deaths- 13th

Active cases- 17th

Serious/Critical- 7th

The problem with the other statistics is that for the first year, Thailand was able to avoid trouble, and that skews the statistics.  But since April, things have changed, and this snapshot gives a much fairer indication where we stand today.  

Exactly and thats why when assessing the current impact of cases worldwide and the countries being affected most including deaths you need to switch to weekly trends where you will find Thailand currently ranked at number 10 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/

Its exactly the same way that Thailand's rankings with other ASEAN nations are assessed, currently Thailand sitting 4th posted earlier by anchadian 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Inmates at a prison in Saraburi province are vaccinated against COVID-19 today with Sinopharm doses imported from China. Thousands of coronavirus cases have been found in Thai prisons, which are known for their overcrowding and unsanitary conditions.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1438857410190319620

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Just look for yourself from April 1st. Simple really. It hasn't been good. 14k+ deaths here in this period compared to 7k+ deaths in the UK. This is fact. Start worldometer from April 1st this year and I'll bet Thailand would be right up there. As it is for new deaths Thailand sits number 11. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Exactly and thats why when assessing the current impact of cases worldwide and the countries being affected most including deaths you need to switch to weekly trends where you will find Thailand currently ranked at number 10 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/

Its exactly the same way that Thailand's rankings with other ASEAN nations are assessed, currently Thailand sitting 4th posted earlier by anchadian 

Thailand sitting at 56th in the world for deaths/million of pop using your link, down 25%

Cheers

Edited by Kadilo

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Cheers for what, I just posted a link to the weekly trends, understand that concept do you? Further explanation needed perhaps?

Not that’s cool.  No further explanation required. 

56th in the world for deaths/million of population 

36th in Asia for deaths/million of population  

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Not that’s cool.  No further explanation required. 

For the past week:

56th in the world for deaths/million of population 

36th in Asia for deaths/million of population  

When assessing the current spread of a virus its not carried out with deaths as the main figure, that is a lagging figure, to assess you need to be ahead of the curve, ie weekly trends.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, smedly said:

what tourists - have you not noticed they stopped publishing arrival number since the end of August - The Sandbox rip off model has failed like most on here said it would - it was marginally better than ASQ

Wrong again. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1231960-‘phuket-sandbox’-welcomes-33000-arrivals-during-1-july-–-16-september/

Thailand reports 14,109 new COVID-19 cases, 13,280 recoveries and 122 deaths

COV18.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Saturday (September 18 ) reported 14,109 new COVID-19 cases, 13,280 recoveries and 122 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1232005-thailand-reports-14109-new-covid-19-cases-13280-recoveries-and-122-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin