COVID-19: Thailand reports 14,555 new coronavirus cases, 171 deaths

webfact

COV17.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Friday (September 17) reported 14,555 new COVID-19 cases, 13,691 recoveries and 171 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 13,691 recoveries

13,765 new infections 

790 prison / prison infections

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,448,792 with 15,124 deaths.

(Total infections since April 1: 1,419,929)

The news comes as Dr. Prasit Watanapa, dean of the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital of Mahidol University, is suggesting that the government take the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme into account before reopening borders on October 1st, cautioning that the country is not yet ready, due to low rates of vaccination.

The reopening date should be pushed back a 1 month to ensure that Thailand is ready.

His remark on Thursday comes as four more provinces – Chiang Mai, Chon Buri, Prachuap Khriri Khan, and Phetchaburi are set to welcome fully vaccinated COVID-negative international arrivals from Oct 1st and Bangkok to follow from October 15th.

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update17SEP).png

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

For the second day in a row, the number of new cases has been greater than people discharged from care. Were restrictions eased too soon? Or are we still on a downward trend which will lead to the opening of the country in October? #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1438669879582756865

A quite obvious downward trend.  y=mx+b. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 236 new local cases , two cases from the Sandbox and five deaths. There are 3,621 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 95 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1438649716879753225

So according to the news - only about 250 beds (10%) were available, with 236 new cases this 10% must now be in single figures. "Tourists" be aware there will soon be no capacity in the medical system in Phuket.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maybe it needs explaining to you a little more, the overall trend on 7 day rolling average is quite obviously on a downward trend particulry as its 2 days behind its data point the last one of which is the 15th Sept.

The macro levels from the 13th Sept to yesterday is ticking up.

data 17 sept 3.png

I would say a few days is micro.  Using a few days to predict the future isn't very smart.  I hope you never apply that logic to the stock market.

I can see many clusters of the green bars increasing in that graph while still having an overall down trend.  The green bars go up, then flat, then fall back down with the trend.

Sorry but it is very likely from historical data everywhere else in the world that in one month's time, the 7day case count will be lower.

• Like 1

Just now, TooMuchTime said:

I would say a few days is micro.  Using a few days to predict the future isn't very smart.  I hope you never apply that logic to the stock market.

I can see many clusters of the green bars increasing in that graph while still having an overall down trend.  The green bars go up, then flat, then fall back down with the trend.

Sorry but it is very likely from historical data everywhere else in the world that in one month's time, the 7day case count will be lower.

Nobody including me was predicting the future, they are noting the change and uptick in infections for the last 4 days. Its called monitoring the situation, much like WHO has done in its latest update report just published.

• Like 2

yesterday in a prison there was an outbreak with many new cases and probably new cases. In the article they wrote that 64 prisoners got a Rapid test and after they tested positive they got a PCR test . This test confirmed the 64 cases to be positive. I therefor alwys will count the two tests together and than you will see un upward trend in cases. Everyone has to believe his own truth , and with the manipulated numbers there is no check if you are right or wrong, but for me I am still worried to see numbers rise

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Friday (September 17) reported 14,555 new COVID-19 cases, 13,691 recoveries and 171 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Why are the antigen 1630 positive tests not included in the daily reported figures in this headline by webfact, are they not considered relevant by asean now reporting standards.?

The actual figures released total is 16,185.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just updated

The percentage of hospital beds reported as occupied stood at 87.19%, only a marginal shift from the 89.14% reported yesterday.

The number of hospital beds reported as remaining available rose by just one, from 276 to 277, representing 12.81% of the now-confirmed flexible daily total number of beds designated for COVID patients.

The report marked that of the COVID patients in care 35 were designated as ‘Red patients’, an oddity showing zero change from yesterday, despite five COVID deaths marked on the same day.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-236-new-covid-cases-five-deaths-81426.php

Still the hospitals are creaking in Phuket - "tourists" be aware treatment for anything will prove difficult.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

how are the vaccinations going?

how much % rise this week compared with the week before?

Vaccinations administered over the last week at close of business on 15 Sept.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1438383274552741889

Updated daily.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

how are the vaccinations going?

how much % rise this week compared with the week before?

about the same... maybe slightly down

Perhaps to be expected as the latest vaccines are not being supplied at the same rate as Sinovac.

Hopefully Thai produced AZ ramps up

https://covidvax.live/location/tha