What is 48Vf?

bankruatsteve

I bought a weed cutter from Lazada (B1200 or so). The battery has 48Vf on it but smaller type says 5-21V.  After charging, I got a little under 21V.  I used for about 5 min. and the voltage went to 20.5V.  So that was OK.  The Lazada page says 1600W but the all Chinese flyer that came with the product says 600W.  That sounds more reasonable to me but I worry about bat life.  Bat says 10Ah.

Edited by bankruatsteve

Flip knows mate, if it does the job and keeps running for long enough what's to worry about?

If the battery fails there are zillions of Li-ion and LiFePO4 cells in all formats on Lazada or AliExpress for you to replace the beasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Crissy.  That is my plan.  I just don't understand the 48Vf claim. Google doesn't help so what do you think? 

Edit:  when I fist got, the bat voltage was 15V or so. They both died after less than 1 min. 

Edited by bankruatsteve

48VF relates to the battery capacity and connection arrangement much the same way as dry cell s are marked 'AA' or 'AAA' etc.

All cordless hand tool batteries that I am aware of are 21v but there are many different capacities to fit them, for example 48VF, 88VF, 98VF and 268VF.

13 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

48VF relates to the battery capacity and connection arrangement much the same way as dry cell s are marked 'AA' or 'AAA' etc.

All cordless hand tool batteries that I am aware of are 21v but there are many different capacities to fit them, for example 48VF, 88VF, 98VF and 268VF.

You have some unique ideas.
No not all hand tool batteries are 21v there are many different voltages used 

while it’s possible that in some places VF may be a coding system it isn’t common.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

Deep within the rusty depths of my memory from Electronics Studies for Radio Ham many Years ago , I seem to recall the " f " value stated as its " Capacatve " Value.

The Rate / ability, at which the battery is able to hold the actual Voltage Charge within its self.

As I have said, this is what my limited Brain has dragged up, and it really needs an Electronics Expert to clarify this "f " value.

17 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No not all hand tool batteries are 21v there are many different voltages used 

Yes indeed. They seem to range from 3.2 - 42 but I am not a cordless person so my awareness is a bit limited.

I have no idea what the VF suffix stands for but it is not the voltage (or frequency for that matter ????) the preceding number relates in some way to the battery capacity and not the voltage.