Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to offer Pfizer walk-in for foreigners 18+ on Tuesday afternoon, first come, first serve

snoop1130

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They could have done walk ins from the start for foreigners. No, let's have them register, send passport and visa info, jump through hoops. And all of a sudden it's just walk in and get a shot.

Probably because for 90% who registered it failed.

21 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Because this method could have been done long ago. :coffee1:

I agree to a point, but a long time ago there were MANY MANY unvaccinated and giving an open green light of "first come first served, no appt needed" would only cause mass crowding, frustration, confusion, and more complaints from the dammed if they/dammed if they don't types.

I hope someone can give feedback on how today's no appointment needed experience went.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They could have done walk ins from the start for foreigners. No, let's have them register, send passport and visa info, jump through hoops. And all of a sudden it's just walk in and get a shot.

Your suggestion would have bin a total messing up , as now all those at Central Festival went in good order  , no rush no big queuing and on a safety distance , a good organization from BKK Pattaya hospital crew.

This walk-in is probably to get good purpose for remaining doses of Pfizer ,as probably the targeted older patients are reached (or almost ...?) in Pattaya , so better give it to walk-in 's than throw those away  

So now for all from18 year old foreigners  

BTW  i had no problem registering from first access of site , neither to upload passport copy or immigration  status ....

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

3 weeks ago, I was in Central for my scheduled BPH Astra shot and there also was a huge queue of walk-ins that day. 

Perhaps they unexpectly found themselves with some extra doses and are offering them up. Good.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, club said:

Very possible, I find it remarkable 1.9 million donated doses from USA lasted this long. They got here July 31. Amazing!!!

Here in PDF the complete storage instructions and possible usable time frames in different occasions of storage and re-storage  depending which temperature freezer used .

Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Storage and Handling.pdf

3 hours ago, bbko said:

Pfizer vax, walk-in, no appt needed and some people still complain ???? 

Exactly….some?  Most here complain about everything.  If i was thinking of jumping off the condo the last place i would ask for intervention is from posters on this forum.  EMBRACE THE CHANGE   

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bbko said:

I agree to a point, but a long time ago there were MANY MANY unvaccinated and giving an open green light of "first come first served, no appt needed" would only cause mass crowding, frustration, confusion, and more complaints from the dammed if they/dammed if they don't types.

I hope someone can give feedback on how today's no appointment needed experience went.

The vaccine was finished at 12.00.

received_564103894798061.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

3 weeks ago, I was in Central for my scheduled BPH Astra shot and there also was a huge queue of walk-ins that day. 

Perhaps they unexpectly found themselves with some extra doses and are offering them up. Good.

I hope that the vaccine for my scheduled shot at Central does not run out before I get my shot. 

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The vaccine was finished at 12.00.

received_564103894798061.jpeg

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to offer Pfizer walk-in for foreigners 18+ on Tuesday 

So those Asians were not Thai after all ?? ???? 

????

While this is a good thing, why is nothing like this being offered to the Thai people, who are willing to pay for it? I need to travel back to the US with my Thai wife. As of November 1st, the US will be requiring all international arrivals to be double vaccinated. The sinovac is not even accepted in the US, as an effective vaccine, nor is it acknowledged as a vaccine for entrance. So, hopefully by arriving just prior to the Nov. 1st deadline, we will be allowed entry, and my wife can then easily get the Moderna or Pfizer, likely without any waits, and likely for free. 

1 hour ago, sonjai said:

I arrived on the 6th floor in Central at 1PM and was told by the staff that no more walk-in vaccine allocations were available. It's so unfair. Why did they start processing walk-ins before 1PM?

Because they simply had no choice. People started crowding on the 6th floor 2 hours before the registration was intended to start. If they decide to wait till 1PM as announced there would have been well-over-1000-people-no-social-distance-hell there by then (and you still wouldn't get your number).

I didn't get mine too, by the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GaryPustynskiy said:

Lots of Lao and Burmese.
People started queuing before Central Festival was even open.

That was not so for the organized appointments , by the perfect BKK Pattaya Hospital crew

only second Pfizer  jab one i had to wade thru the local "Second road Mekong river " at 8 September as  Pattaya was flooded because heavy rains , but.... i would not risk to loose my appointment ????